2022 Draft Talk

swede700

7 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

It's gunna be a minefield before 12

6. carolina

8. atlanta

9. denver (if no qb trade although ithink they go veteran route)

11. washington

Why do I have a nagging suspicion that the Packers will trade Rodgers to Denver, and use the 9th overall pick to select Willis...just our luck.

5 hours ago, perrynoid said:

Why do I have a nagging suspicion that the Packers will trade Rodgers to Denver, and use the 9th overall pick to select Willis...just our luck.

If that were to happen, every person in the Packer front office should be fired. 

A) Tick off HOF QB by drafting Replacement

B) Trade HOF QB

C) Over-draft project QB to be Replacement's Replacement

D) Get fired

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Will be very interesting to see how he looks in the game no question about it.  But people need to remember than Kellen Mond was the Senior Bowl MVP last year.  I am totally fine moving on from him but fact is in only 10 games Mond was pretty damn good on A&M in college and had a good Senior bowl week and Pro day.  Does any of that matter now?  

Also Kyle Lauletta a few years back was the MVP of the Senior bowl game as well and has never really thrown a meaningful pass in the NFL.  In four years has been with 6 different teams and mostly just on the practice squad.  So one has to put some of this into perspective here, but sure will be fun to watch what Willis does in the game.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Will be very interesting to see how he looks in the game no question about it.  But people need to remember than Kellen Mond was the Senior Bowl MVP last year.  I am totally fine moving on from him but fact is in only 10 games Mond was pretty damn good on A&M in college and had a good Senior bowl week and Pro day.  Does any of that matter now?  

It never hurts to have more QBs. If they think Willis is a great prospect they should take him independent of how they feel about Mond. Putting all your hope in a single QB becoming a star isn't smart.

29 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Also Kyle Lauletta a few years back was the MVP of the Senior bowl game as well and has never really thrown a meaningful pass in the NFL.  In four years has been with 6 different teams and mostly just on the practice squad.  So one has to put some of this into perspective here, but sure will be fun to watch what Willis does in the game.  

Just keeping tabs on one of the top QB prospects. I think he's got better physical traits than Mond, and his highs are much higher.

Mond should have virtually no impact on this new regime's draft strategy unless they've re-evaluated Mond and really like him.

22 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

It never hurts to have more QBs. If they think Willis is a great prospect they should take him independent of how they feel about Mond. Putting all your hope in a single QB becoming a star isn't smart.

I think the point was....the Sr. Bowl might not be the best way to judge a QB......not anything about Mond or Willis.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, JDBrocks said:

Just keeping tabs on one of the top QB prospects. I think he's got better physical traits than Mond, and his highs are much higher.

Mond should have virtually no impact on this new regime's draft strategy unless they've re-evaluated Mond and really like him.

True but just saying what one does at the Senior Bowl at times can be pretty overrated.  Josh Allen on Wyoming barely did anything in that game, think that matters.

I have seen a few clips of Faalele getting knocked down by a pass rusher during individual drills at the Senior bowl.  Granted maybe he is overrated or maybe he is just needing of some NFL coaching and he could be a great pro.  But sure clips of him falling on his butt get views just like clips of Orlando Brown Jr failing at the combine were funny to some...dude is a three time Pro bowler and has only been in the league 4 years.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ozzy said:

True but just saying what one does at the Senior Bowl at times can be pretty overrated.  Josh Allen on Wyoming barely did anything in that game, think that matters.

I have seen a few clips of Faalele getting knocked down by a pass rusher during individual drills at the Senior bowl.  Granted maybe he is overrated or maybe he is just needing of some NFL coaching and he could be a great pro.  But sure clips of him falling on his butt get views just like clips of Orlando Brown Jr failing at the combine were funny to some...dude is a three time Pro bowler and has only been in the league 4 years.  

I really wanted Brown Jr. that year. His tape screamed "first round pick," but the combine doomed him. 

Faalele's game tape isn't close to Brown's, but I don't believe he even started playing football until he was 16 or something. If I was a coach, I wouldn't want him starting as a rookie. But there's definitely big potential there. 

4 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I really wanted Brown Jr. that year. His tape screamed "first round pick," but the combine doomed him. 

Faalele's game tape isn't close to Brown's, but I don't believe he even started playing football until he was 16 or something. If I was a coach, I wouldn't want him starting as a rookie. But there's definitely big potential there. 

True he is raw but the Minnesota Gophers are not exactly a hotbed of OL talent or development, have not had a player drafted on the OL since 2006.  Granted they could maybe get 3 guys drafted on the OL this year and maybe one next year but still Faalele does need coaching sure, best place for him would be the Eagles of the KC Chiefs in terms of OL coaching and development and sure either one of those teams will steal him and he could turn into something.  

Will be interesting to see how he does in the game today, has not played well apparently during the practice week and in clips seems stocky and kind of chunky for whatever reason, or maybe black is really not his color.  

On 2/3/2022 at 4:30 PM, perrynoid said:

I'd put a slightly above 0% chance that the Packers would select Willis with that pick if they traded Rodgers.  It'd probably be either an EDGE or DL with that pick.

On 2/3/2022 at 9:16 AM, battle2heaven said:

There are a lot of fans of Mailk Willis on draft twitter. But a big part of me believes this is because everyone is over compensating for hating/missing on Josh Allen. 

To an extent, it is.  He's clearly the most tooled up QB prospect in this year's draft, but his production and decision making was a bit lacking.  Kenny Pickett has small hands and he's on the older end of the spectrum, which suggests he doesn't offer a ton of upside and might have issues with fumbling as he did at Pitt.  Carson Strong has the best pure arm strength IMO, but he's completely immobile and there are probably going to be enough question marks regarding his knee.  Matt Corral is Mitchell Trubisky all over again as a one-read and run QB.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

I feel like KOC could really do some good things with Willis if he sits behind Cousins for a couple years.

First round QBs don't usually sit for multiple years.  Jordan Love seems to be one of the few exceptions.