2022 Draft Talk

swede700

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

free agency was pretty much the same.

And right, I understand everything now is lying season. But if they do pick McDuffie over Stingley and whoever, he's pretty similar to Mike Hughes.

Their hands were mostly tied in Free Agency. It’s the situation they inherited. We weren’t going to be Jacksonville, and frankly, I’m happy we weren’t. 

It takes time to implement a vision. They haven’t even had a full off-season yet. 

15 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

Their hands were mostly tied in Free Agency. It’s the situation they inherited. We weren’t going to be Jacksonville, and frankly, I’m happy we weren’t. 

It takes time to implement a vision. They haven’t even had a full off-season yet. 

thank god they weren't jacksonville spending all that money on very average players. 

And  trust me I get that. I am just finding the humor in the extreme similarities of moves so far. 

On 4/6/2022 at 12:19 PM, SemperFeist said:

Solid day for Stingley. I still think he’ll be available at 12. 

He did exactly what he needed to do.  And at this point, I think you have to assume he's been given a clean bill of health.  I think Seattle at 9 is his floor.

4 hours ago, swede700 said:

If the new regime does intend to trade up, Carolina is the spot to trade up to, as they have no picks until the 4th round after the one at #6.  It would likely cost the Vikings their 2nd rd pick as well (which I'd actually be fine with), but there's probably some other options to recoup some other picks, likely by trading back in the 3rd.  

Carolina is probably intent on walking away from this draft with their QBOTF.  They're not getting them on Day 3.  I think the only way they don't pick at 6 is if their QB of choice isn't on the board, and that's probably a situation where they're going to move back for an OT.  Wouldn't surprise me if they stayed at 6 and took an OT.  I think the bigger question is will Minnesota be willing to pay that premium to move up the board?  According to the TVC, 12/46 for 6/144 is close enough that it could consummate a deal.  But if Minnesota isn't willing to deal their SRP, then I'm not sure a deal could get done.  If they dealt their FRP and 3rd, they'd be roughly a mid-3rd round pick of value away.  Are they willing to dangle a '23 SRP?

5 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

no, i doubt it

Legitimately asking.  Under Spielman, it was very clear that the Vikings wanted more mid-round picks in recent years.  In 2021, the Vikings received a pair of 3rd round picks moving from 14 to 23.  In 2020, they moved down from 25 to 31 and got a 4th and 5th in return.  I'm not sure how much of KAM's mantra comes from Cleveland vs. San Francisco.

54 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimately asking.  Under Spielman, it was very clear that the Vikings wanted more mid-round picks in recent years.  In 2021, the Vikings received a pair of 3rd round picks moving from 14 to 23.  In 2020, they moved down from 25 to 31 and got a 4th and 5th in return.  I'm not sure how much of KAM's mantra comes from Cleveland vs. San Francisco.

I believe it'll be more San Francisco, since that was where he was sort of indoctrinated.  He only spent a couple of years in Cleveland, but learned a lot under Baalke and Lynch initially as far as how the organization works...he learned a lot of the duties from Berry in the last couple of years, but I think the SF time is probably going to be more impactful in the gradn scheme.

Looking at the WR market going crazy WR at pick 12 is my preferred pick if Gardener, stingley and McDuffie are gone.

Any of the top 3 WRs would make your offense extremely dangerous and save us a truck load of money if they pan out.

Circle back in rounds 2&3 to reinforce to the secondary and in the later rounds get some linemen to develop

Cooper Kupp, Metcalf, Diggs, Kirk, Adams. None of them were first round picks. In the last five years, with the proliferation of wide receivers coming into the draft, there is no reason to waste a high first round pick on the wide receiver. Elite talent at the position can be found elsewhere. The argument that wide receiver contracts necessitate taking one earlier would also work for edge rushers. But I don’t believe that you should be drafting based on potential 2nd contracts.

• Like 1