2022 Draft Talk

swede700

18 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

why do you like Booth over McDuffie?

I think he’s a better press corner, which, from my understanding, is the ideal fit at CB for the Donatell/Fangio scheme. 

Also, I love physical corners, and when I watch Booth that’s exactly what I see. A guy who not only bullies wide receivers, but is also a guy who doesn’t shy away from run support. 

33 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

I think he’s a better press corner, which, from my understanding, is the ideal fit at CB for the Donatell/Fangio scheme. 

Also, I love physical corners, and when I watch Booth that’s exactly what I see. A guy who not only bullies wide receivers, but is also a guy who doesn’t shy away from run support. 

So a stat that will surprise you (because it surprised me)

So I agree with you, I like physical corners too. I think that's why I haven't been totally out on McDuffie. He is actually pretty physical, and he's a very sure tackler. I've watched 5 games of his (all i could find sadly), doesn't shy away from a scrum. I've seen him pull a couple of winfield moves too; when a pulling linemen is barreling in on him and he either gets super low, or super skinny and avoids them and makes the tackle on the runner.

I wish Booth wasn't hurt and tested. He's taller than McDuffie, but isn't really bigger; both are 195lb or a tiny bit under. I love that both are true juniors, but McDuffie has more starter experience as he essentially started right away his true freshmen year (which is amazing and on par with Stingley). 

So Fangio D plays multiple for the corners. they are asked to do a variety of things. So I think one of the biggest traits we don't talk about is how cerebral a CB is. You are going to need smart CBs to handle Fangio's scheme. I haven't dived in Booth yet on that, but I do know McDuffie is like another coach out there on the field. 

11 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

I feel like you don’t waste a top 30 visit on that. 

Is there any chance that he would slip a bit making a small trade up worthwhile? 

Or maybe they plan on releasing an incriminating video right before the draft causing him to fall to #12

14 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Is there any chance that he would slip a bit making a small trade up worthwhile? 

Or maybe they plan on releasing an incriminating video right before the draft causing him to fall to #12

Walker sliding would not shock me. By no means is he a can’t miss prospect. In fact, he may be the biggest risk of the top ten.

21 minutes ago, vikesfan89 said:

Yes. I think its additional due diligence because they have identified that he could be the most likely to slip

1 hour ago, SteelKing728 said:

How can a guy with his size be a tweener? That's what I keep reading about him.

He’s bigger than your typical edge, and hasn’t displayed great bend, and he’s smaller than your typical defensive tackle. 

He’s probably the perfect size for a base 43 defensive end, or a 5 technique in a 34 front. But, some say it’s hard to justify those positions in the top 10. Not to mention, most of Walker’s draft stock is due to his insane athleticism and how teams are projecting him. The tape isn’t stellar. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Which is now a penalty if he takes out the OL.

No, he gets super low to dip under and avoid the lineman. He's not going for his knees and taking him out. He really has amazing balance out there; moves around so gracefully and easy.

2 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

So I agree with you, I like physical corners too. I think that's why I haven't been totally out on McDuffie. He is actually pretty physical, and he's a very sure tackler. I've watched 5 games of his (all i could find sadly), doesn't shy away from a scrum. I've seen him pull a couple of winfield moves too; when a pulling linemen is barreling in on him and he either gets super low, or super skinny and avoids them and makes the tackle on the runner.

I wish Booth wasn't hurt and tested. He's taller than McDuffie, but isn't really bigger; both are 195lb or a tiny bit under. I love that both are true juniors, but McDuffie has more starter experience as he essentially started right away his true freshmen year (which is amazing and on par with Stingley). 

So Fangio D plays multiple for the corners. they are asked to do a variety of things. So I think one of the biggest traits we don't talk about is how cerebral a CB is. You are going to need smart CBs to handle Fangio's scheme. I haven't dived in Booth yet on that, but I do know McDuffie is like another coach out there on the field. 

The idea of drafting McDuffie is starting to grow on me. I wouldn’t hate picking him at 12. 

13 minutes ago, battle2heaven said:

No, he gets super low to dip under and avoid the lineman. He's not going for his knees and taking him out. He really has amazing balance out there; moves around so gracefully and easy.

Hence why I said if he takes out the OL. 

That's great that he's frequently able to get low and avoid the OL all together though.

My Favorite Non First Round Receivers

Day 2

Skyy Moore - He's short, but he's not small. He has 31 inch arms and 10+inch hands, weighs 195lbs, he's thick and he plays like it. Not strictly a slot, great footwork, in breaking routes are his bread and butter. He probably doesn't have that elite ceiling, but really high floor, fairly confident he'll be productive, probably a really nice complement to JJ and won't take his alpha status.

Alec Pierce - He's more your true, X, vertical receiver. He wins on go routes and verticality, mossing dudes and using his straight line speed to create separation. He is big and long, and plays big and long. I think he has a shot to be an alpha in the NFL, but has a high ceiling due to being a red zone threat.

Day 3

Bo Melton - big time recruit who stayed home at Rutgers because his family went there. He was held back by QB play, but very athletic, quick twitch, showed really nice YAC ability. I think he outplays his draft position.

Danny Gray - Speed, deep threat ability, very good at tracking the ball in the air. is a homerun hitter from anywhere in the field.  Not great against pressure and doesn't play special teams with injury concerns, but the big play ability is real. 

3 hours ago, battle2heaven said:

And this is why, after Gardner comes off the board, I would be all in on moving back and picking up additional picks. I still think the Saints and GB are the 2 teams that might move up. Both teams might move up to land a WR and I think our pick could be the sweet spot for both teams.