2022 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking (Prospect Standouts):

Ozzy

Big news of Henry To'oTo'o is transferring to Alabama. 

I heard it was almost certainly Ohio State but I guess not.  He could have easily started right away for them also with all they lost at LB but would be switching schemes, was in a 3/4 at Tennessee and going to Bama is a easier transition for him and will be with a better unit potentially as well.  Good move for him because Bama is really stacked on the front 7 and they will keep Henry clean to make a ton of plays.  Could be a top 15 pick after this season and I assume he will be wildly productive.  Has great feet, really reacts well and reads plays well, is quick to the ball.  Odd as it is to say Bama could have a better front 7 this year than last year with Byron Young who is poised to become a great player, DJ Dale has already been dominant for two years and they have a variety of other DEs with talent in Ray, Eboigbe and Mathis.  Not to mention a potential star OLB pass rusher in Anderson and Harris who arguably has 1st round potential.   Henry would fill a need at that other ILB spot though and will fit in wel, and if Allen can stay healthy he could be a force on the other OLB spot.  

DE La Bryan Ray / Justin Eboigbe
NT DJ Dale / Tim Smith
DE Byron Young / Phidarian Mathis
OLB Will Anderson Jr
ILB Christian Harris
ILB Henry To'oTo'o / Shane Lee
OLB Christopher Allen 

The secondary will not be awful either, especially if Battle worked on his conditioning and ability to tackle accurately and not get kicked out the game for targeting.  Branch and Moore had great FR years and should be even better next year and Wright/Jobe if they continue to improve they will be a solid unit.

CB Josh Jobe
SS Jordan Battle
FS Daniel Wright / DeMarcco Hellams
CB/SLOT Malachi Moore
CB Brian Branch

To'oTo'o will really be productive though with all those solid players around him to keep him clean.  

2 hours ago, LuckIsGOAT said:

Has 1st round talent

Maybe but would have to greatly improve, he seems to struggle to get off blocks a lot, physically has a lot of tools and size but for him to be a 1st round pick his sack numbers would have to sky rocket.  Almost more likely Goode is a higher pick, not 1st rounder but one year he had 9.5 sacks and if he has another good season getting after the QB he will be one to watch on that Cal defense also.  Is Tevin Paul on that Cal unit anymore, he was decent in 2019 but I think sat out in 2020 but not sure he is playing football anymore or not.  

15 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Jack Dunn had more yards punt returning last year than Alex Erickson had in college, and Erickson is still in the NFL mostly because of his return ability.  So if Dunn continues to improve overall and keep up his return skills he will have a shot maybe at the league if he shows he can be a threat as a return man.  Dike is ok but I am not a fan of how he is put together physically but sure has some deep threat ability, and same with Pryor and Davis both are ok but not sure they are next level receivers and both would have to greatly improve and both seem to be constantly hurt.

You’re analysis here is pretty comical but hey, everyone is entitled to their opinions.

5 hours ago, Oregon Ducks said:

You’re missing Mykael Wright. He’s been Oregon top cover CB the last two years and he will test well.

Not sure I agree with Wright being better than Thomas Graham in 2019 much less Lenoir or even the safety Holland was a better cover man that Wright overall and far more productive in 2019.  Wright has potential granted but I have to see a lot more from him before I rank him highly.  Thomas Graham Jr was a super star and made huge plays in big games, had what 32 passes deflected and 8 INTs in three seasons.  Dude has legit ball skills and Holland was a ball hawk as well, 9 INTs in two seasons from that safety spot.  Wright had one INT in two years so far so yeah going to have to pick up his level of play but sure is arguably the most talented guy in that secondary right now.  

That is really to watch out for is that OL, Steven Jones I think will be much improved and Moore coming back could help his development a lot.  Need to see more of Bass and Forsyth but they have potential.  

OT Steven Jones
OG TJ Bass
C Alex Forsyth
OG Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu
OT George Moore

Could be a great OL with a good group of WRs and RBs as well.  Defensively could be a work in progress but have a super star in Thibodeaux and Sewell is promising and Salde-Matautia I think could have a good year as well.  Anthony Brown is not awful at QB but I bet they wish they still have Shough

I always like to weigh in on my Penn State guys when I see these, nothing to egregious sticks out to me, but one player I think would be worth keeping an eye on is DT - PJ Mustipher, could see him potentially being a 3rd-4th round guy if he takes that jump this year.

7 hours ago, Danger said:

I always like to weigh in on my Penn State guys when I see these, nothing to egregious sticks out to me, but one player I think would be worth keeping an eye on is DT - PJ Mustipher, could see him potentially being a 3rd-4th round guy if he takes that jump this year.

Mustipher might have a chance to be something but his production is really going to have to increase, and with all they lost on the DL over the past few years will be interesting who steps up.  Shelton was a better player last year and he transferred to Florida, curious where Shane Simmons goes.

Dotson is arguably the biggest star on the team, will be curious if he can keep up that production and become an even more dominant player.  That LB core could be really solid, Jesse Luketa I have always liked and he could really break out next year if he improves his overall conditioning.  Ellis is a solid linebacker as is Smith so they could have a great trio that could be arguably the best in the Big Ten potentially if they all produce.  Then that secondary is solid with Porter Jr at CB and decent safeties in Brisker and Southerland.  The real question is the offense and who makes the plays outside of Dotson.  

Zach Kuntz and Will Levis transferring hurt offensively, both could have been solid weapons on offense especially Kuntz and Levis was a hell of a runner and athlete.

First off, Great work as always. A few things:

-I think Ahmad Gardner is easily a top tier player and there will be a point where people will say he should be CB1.

-MyJai Sanders is an athletic freak with bend and the physical profile. He for sure needs to be on the list in some capacity

-George Karlaftis and Aidan Hutchinson should be on the list in some capacity as well

Edited by MSURacerDT55

6 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

First off, Great work as always. A few things:

-I think Ahmad Gardner is easily a top tier player and there will be a point where people will say he should be CB1.

-MyJai Sanders is an athletic freak with bend and the physical profile. He for sure needs to be on the list in some capacity

-George Karlaftis and Aidan Hutchinson should be on the list in some capacity as well

I have Karlaftis and Hutchinson both as 1st round picks right now and on the list.  Karlaftis has a ton of upside and pass rushing potential, really looking forward to seeing how he plays, sucks he got hurt last year he was off to a very good start.  Hutchinson has a chance to be a dominating player but will see if he can be that, like Karlaftis got hurst last year and did not play much either.  Both are easily some of the better pass rushers in the nation potentially.

MyJai Sanders I need to watch more of, I am not super familiar with him.  Saw a few quick clips and he seems to have a great burst off the ball and really has some impressive power, good size as well.  If he continues his production next season and maybe gets in the 10-12 sack range he could maybe be a 1st round pick potentially.  Shows just as much quickness of the ball and ability to drive blockers backwards as anyone outside of Kayvon Thibodeau.  Sanders ability to bull rush and just walk guys back is impressive. So who knows maybe he could be way up there come draft time but the production will be to be there despite all the losses they had on the defensive side of the ball which could matter.

Ahmad Gardner I like but I think his tackling and fundamentals are pretty suspect at times, his technique at times is kind of sloppy both in coverage and tackling.  Granted he played better than Stingley did last year most of the time but also played worse competition.  Not sure Gardner is better than Elam was last year or a few other guys, Taylor-Britt is a tougher corner and a better tackler, Trice is arguably more fundamental sound and Mullen is more versatile so I have all of them rated over Gardner right now but that could change.  I still need to see Gardner's tackling improve, his technique improve and his overall toughness improve.  Great with the ball in the air and in coverage but needs to be an all around corner and at times he needs to find the ball better than he does.  He is in position but head is not looking at the football when the football arrives always.    

Isaiah Thomas RS SR DE/DT Oklahoma, had 8 sacks last year, I need to watch more of him but looks like a pretty legit pass rusher.  Great length at 6-5, can rush for the inside at around 260-270 pounds or from the outside, has a good get off.  Needs to improve some more and will be different without Perkins drawing attention.  But if he can pick up his level of player he could be a very interesting pass rusher in the 2022 draft.  

His teammate Perrion Winfrey is an interesting DT as well, shows some athletic ability for a big guy and can get some pressure as well.  Will be curious how that OU defense looks especially with Nik Bonitto back who had 8.5 sacks as well and David Ugwoegbu who is a promising athletic linebacker as well.  

42 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Thoughts on Nik Bonitto? PFF mock has him top 10 and I don’t see him in the top 4 rounds for you (stopped looking for him after that)

Like Thomas I need to watch Bonitto more.  Honestly not sure he is a 3/4 OLB because he cannot hold the edge and is really just good at getting off the ball quickly and using his speed, he is pretty short also for a 3/4 OLB, no where close to 6-6 or something.

For him to be a potential top 10 pick like Micah Parsons is a freaking laughing joke.  Sure Parsons fell to the 12th pick but in no way on earth is Bonitto like Parsons, Bonitto is not nearly as strong, fast, big or as good of a tackler and cannot get of blocks as well either.  If he is a top 10 pick I would he shocked, promising sure but say Kenneth Murray that kid was a tackling machine and did well in traffic finding the football.  Bonitto seems like just a pass rusher that benefited off a great pass rushing group last year on OU.  Thomas I think has more potential as a pass rusher at the next level than Bonitto but again sure will be interesting how he does this year.  Bonitto never had over 7 tackles in his career yet, never got double digits then obviously either, that is just odd for an apparently great athlete.  Maybe he is just raw still but top 10 seems a little rich but people do go nuts over pass rushers with speed and potential.

Also over the past 10 years OU has not had a great defensive tradition in the NFL.  Gerald McCoy was great and Jordan Phillips is decent but honestly not many good defenders from OU at all.  A guy like Kenneth Murray doing decent is pretty rare for a OU defender, he was recently but usually the OU guys are either a backup DL type, DB or speedy edge rusher/LB type.  Remember Eric Striker back in the day, he was a speed rush end or 3/4 OLB type and had 45 TFLs and 22.5 sacks in basically three years.  Clearly that did not matter, helps that Bonitto is 6-3 but again not ideal build for a 3/4 OLB and not a huge fan of how he is put together, but will see what happens this year.

Could be a promising defense again for OU and already with a great offense and should easily be in the National title hunt.    Bonitto being a top 10 pick at LB with the likes of Parsons who was arguably the #2 best OLB prospect in the last 20 years, yeah not seeing that yet.  Maybe Bonitto could be a Hasson Reddick type, little undersized edge rusher 3/4 OLB type but again will see how he plays this year.  But the top 10 pick Josh Allen, Devin White, Isaiah Simmons type LB freak show, not seeing that yet until he becomes a more well rounded player.  

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ozzy said:

Like Thomas I need to watch Bonitto more.  Honestly not sure he is a 3/4 OLB because he cannot hold the edge and is really just good at getting off the ball quickly and using his speed, he is pretty short also for a 3/4 OLB, no where close to 6-6 or something.

For him to be a potential top 10 pick like Micah Parsons is a freaking laughing joke.  Sure Parsons fell to the 12th pick but in no way on earth is Bonitto like Parsons, Bonitto is not nearly as strong, fast, big or as good of a tackler and cannot get of blocks as well either.  If he is a top 10 pick I would he shocked, promising sure but say Kenneth Murray that kid was a tackling machine and did well in traffic finding the football.  Bonitto seems like just a pass rusher that benefited off a great pass rushing group last year on OU.  Thomas I think has more potential as a pass rusher at the next level than Bonitto but again sure will be interesting how he does this year.  Bonitto never had over 7 tackles in his career yet, never got double digits then obviously either, that is just odd for an apparently great athlete.  Maybe he is just raw still but top 10 seems a little rich but people do go nuts over pass rushers with speed and potential.

Also over the past 10 years OU has not had a great defensive tradition in the NFL.  Gerald McCoy was great and Jordan Phillips is decent but honestly not many good defenders from OU at all.  A guy like Kenneth Murray doing decent is pretty rare for a OU defender, he was recently but usually the OU guys are either a backup DL type, DB or speedy edge rusher/LB type.  Remember Eric Striker back in the day, he was a speed rush end or 3/4 OLB type and had 45 TFLs and 22.5 sacks in basically three years.  Clearly that did not matter, helps that Bonitto is 6-3 but again not ideal build for a 3/4 OLB and not a huge fan of how he is put together, but will see what happens this year.

Could be a promising defense again for OU and already with a great offense and should easily be in the National title hunt.    Bonitto being a top 10 pick at LB with the likes of Parsons who was arguably the #2 best OLB prospect in the last 20 years, yeah not seeing that yet.  Maybe Bonitto could be a Hasson Reddick type, little undersized edge rusher 3/4 OLB type but again will see how he plays this year.  But the top 10 pick Josh Allen, Devin White, Isaiah Simmons type LB freak show, not seeing that yet until he becomes a more well rounded player.  

Yeah I wasn’t sure about him when I saw that. He is listed at 6’3 238? Doesn’t seem big enough to be an edge player. Granted Von Miller wasn’t much bigger (Weight wise) but Von is in a completely different universe. 

18 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Just curious who you have as #1?

Luke Kuechly.  He was amazing at Boston College and was a tackling machine, 158 tackles as a freshman 13 TFLs, 1 INT.  183 tackles as a sophomore 10.5 TFLs 3 INTs, and 191 tackles as a junior and 13 TFLs, 3 INTs.   Sucks he had to retire so early but still could arguably make the Hall of Fame in playing only 8 years.  Granted was a ILB in the NFL mostly but I thought he could and or would maybe be more of a OLB.  Either way is a great LB overall and one of the best easily in the last 20 years.  

25 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

Yeah I wasn’t sure about him when I saw that. He is listed at 6’3 238? Doesn’t seem big enough to be an edge player. Granted Von Miller wasn’t much bigger (Weight wise) but Von is in a completely different universe. 

Yeah, he seems to have long arms which is good but very thin lower body and is probably 6-2.  Von Miller is smaller sure but his production just blows Bonitto out of the water and is arguably the best 3/4 OLB prospect in the last 20 years.  He and Terrell Suggs/Josh Allen/Aldon Smith/Leonard Floyd etc   Von also held the edge a lot better and was a more impactful tackler with much more power.  Bonitto I need to see more strength and toughness out of him tackling not just being a splash pass rusher type, will see how he looks this year, sure has that burst a lot of teams want in a pass rusher.  Will be curious who stands out the most for them as a pass rusher, Bonitto or Isaiah Thomas.    

• Like 1