Roster Projection: WR and TE

WindyCity

4 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I feel like you guys view the field like its madden, Cohen will be positionless and I could easily see him lined up on the interior.....he wouldn't BE a TE

Wouldn't lining him up on the interior make him a slot?  You said TE not us.

9 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Wouldn't lining him up on the interior make him a slot?  You said TE not us.

What does that even mean? Have you seen where Kelce lines up? We are just talking semantics here haha....Gronk straight up lines out wide for some plays...why you busting my balls here haha

25 minutes ago, MonserinNC said:

What does that even mean? Have you seen where Kelce lines up? We are just talking semantics here haha....Gronk straight up lines out wide for some plays...why you busting my balls here haha

Bro. Who is busting your balls?  Does responding to something you said and disagreeing equate to busting your balls?  Just found it interesting that you suggested that we could play him at TE.  Moving to different positions on the line and playing a position is two different things.  If you found this offensive it was not my intent.

Edited by Bigbear72

11 minutes ago, Bigbear72 said:

Bro. Who is busting your balls?  Does responding to something you said and disagreeing equate to busting your balls?  Just found it interesting that you suggested that we could play him at TE.  Moving to different positions on the line and playing a position is two different things.  If you found this offensive it was not my intent.

Naw not offended at all.....I dont know whats going with this convo haha.....i added the "haha" for some kind of levity 

13 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

I feel like you guys view the field like its madden, Cohen will be positionless and I could easily see him lined up on the interior.....he wouldn't BE a TE

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has more snaps outside than as a traditional RB. Likely will have more snaps as a WR this year than Newsome will, since he has to learn the system/bail positions/etc. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sugashane said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he has more snaps outside than as a traditional RB. Likely will have more snaps as a WR this year than Newsome will, since he has to learn the system/bail positions/etc. 

Thats what I was trying to say....he could line up at FB even, .....I think Pace will have some fun

2 hours ago, MonserinNC said:

Thats what I was trying to say....he could line up at FB even, .....I think Pace will have some fun

Actually I kinda like that. Get the little guy close to the LOS behind the big guys, make it harder to see even if it is only slightly. Let him fly out one way or the other for flats and wheel routes. 

God help him if Nagy has him block on ANY play though. Lol

On 5/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, WindyCity said:

WR [6]: Robinson, Mooney, Miller, Newsome, Goodwin, Byrd

This group has a few interesting decisions as they have added some serious cheap speed and a draft pick in Newsome. I think the top 3 are who we think they are. They were unable to trade MIller so we should see what he can do with real QB play and perhaps he has a Kyle Fuller like turn around.

Javon Wims can get launched into the sun for all I care. The real battle will be Ridley vs Goodwin and Byrd. I am giving it to Goodwin and Byrd as they have actually done something in the NFL and have an elite trait that Ridley does not.

Short Term: This is a good group with a true #1 a good #2 and way more speed than the past.

Long Term: The only players under contract beyond this season are Mooney and Newsome. The Bears need to get something done with Robinson, otherwise next offseason could be a lot of turnover at this position, which we do not need.

TE [3]: Kmet, Graham, Holtz

I was a little surprised that Graham made it through the salary cap purge, but they do not have anyone who can really replace him and he is a good redzone target. The Bears need more from Kmet as a reciever if they are going to go with more spread, his blocking is already a plus. Holtz makes it as the backup TE and FB.

Short Term: A little light on depth.

Long Term: They need a cost-effective U TE, how big of a need will be determined by how much Kmet grows  as a pass catcher. 

LOL.  I am come here rather than newspapers or blogs because many of you are better and more interesting columnists than the guys who do it for a living.

On 5/10/2021 at 9:59 AM, WindyCity said:

Javon Wims can get launched into the sun for all I care.

Well, I mean, I think we'd all rather him not to be launched into the sun, right? 

On 5/12/2021 at 4:25 PM, soulman said:

“There's a small increment in improvement so he's done great, he's been in our rooms, no issues. He's been alert, he's been attentive and he's doing what we're asking him to do so it's going to be fun. I think the biggest thing is going to be need,” Furrey said.

That's...a pretty terrifying quote. Sounds like whatever has been going on with Miller is even worse than we figured. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Well, I mean, I think we'd all rather him not to be launched into the sun, right? 

That's...a pretty terrifying quote. Sounds like whatever has been going on with Miller is even worse than we figured. 

Miller was up for sale prior to the draft and my guess is he still is.  He should also be aware of this by now.

I recall when we drafted him how he said he wanted to become the next Antonio Brown.  Well he kinda has except he skipped over the being a productive All Pro part and could be headed straight for being another immature "head case".

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I wish we had more sure things in the WR core.

We have a really nice top 2 and then a bunch of interesting ?

You can probably figure something from Cohen out of the slot in that group too, and Byrd and Goodwin have history to suggest they probably won’t be complete zeroes. Byrd put up 47 catches with Cam Newton last year who is a subpar NFL passer. 

18 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

It would be a massive waste of fuel and resources... but, science. You know? 

• Like 1