2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk

rickyt31

Just now, rickyt31 said:

Guyton and Morgan are 2 that could sit behind our OTs and could become the long term answer on either side. 

Would love Guyton…not big on Morgan personally. Honestly I’m on the QB train. Go get JJ and let him sit and develop

4 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

As I mentioned before, I think the best game plan should be to sit at 10 and see who falls to us. If no one is there, I'd trade back. I'm also open to trading up for a franchise QB to sit behind Rodgers for a year or 2. 

I'm not in love with the idea of picking Bowers, but I can talk myself into it with this surrounding. He's not the sexy 6'5+ 250lbs+ 40inch vert TE we dream about, but he's not much smaller than Conklin or Kittle. I'd just rather go after Theo Johnson or trade an unconditional late pick for someone like Darnell Washington. Or even give my guy Zack Kuntz a try. 

Like always, I'm always watching the LBs and Safeties. I think we have a shot at draft a LB at some point and pair him with Mosely and Williams. I'd add a young prospect behind Clark. I'm still a JBC fan, but we need to add to this group. 

I love Jeremiah Trotter with one of our 4ths. I really like Javon Bullard at safety.  We only have 3 safeties on the roster, we definitely need to draft one.  I really like Javon Bullard if Tony Adams is going to be our rangy FS.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Right now,  Jets aren't under any pressure to draft one for 2024.  Just collect talents.

CB, FS, SS, NB, LT, RT, DT, WR and maybe QB will be concerned after 2024.  Let's knock down a several.

Good post I agree the pressure is off for the 2024 draft. There are several ways the Jets can go in the draft. All we have to do is sit back and see who falls to us at ten. There is even a chance we might make a trade to get a second-round pick. I also agree QB in 2025 could be a major concern, it is not only Rodgers's age it's his mental health because he has been acting strange outside of football. 

15 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Would love Guyton…not big on Morgan personally. Honestly I’m on the QB train. Go get JJ and let him sit and develop

I wouldn't be mad at all. QB, OL, and defense are at the top of my list. I still might take a WR as well. Williams is on a 1 year deal, Lazard isn't reliable, and Davis was average before retiring. I'll definitely take Rome and Nabers. 

4 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I wouldn't be mad at all. QB, OL, and defense are at the top of my list. I still might take a WR as well. Williams is on a 1 year deal, Lazard isn't reliable, and Davis was average before retiring. I'll definitely take Rome and Nabers. 

If we don’t go WR in 1st we gotta grab one on round 3 or 4

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

If we don’t go WR in 1st we gotta grab one on round 3 or 4

If Nabers or Odunze falls to 10 it would be hard to pass, but the value in the 3rd could be tremendous.  Legette has potential to be a #1.  Polk could be a great 2 to Wilson.  Tez could be a 1B. to Wilson and all of these guys could take a year to develop.

The question is what is JD and Saleh's view?  Do we need impact players immediately who can contribute because our ***** are on the line? That's where I see Brock Bowers coming into play.  WR and OL aren't starting until midway through the year or barring injury.

• Like 3

I am playing GM mock draft for Jets.  I was out of town yesterday so I sent my BB in.  Caleb Williams wasn't included for obvious reason.  I ended up picking Fuaga as 5th BPA.   There was my BB so I am curious to see if there is any objection to my BB for #10 without trade option?   Underlined meant taken before #10.

WR Marvin Harrison Jr, Ohio State
QB Drake Maye, North Carolina
WR Malik Nabers, LSU
WR Rome Odunze, Washington

OT Taliese Fuaga, Oregon State
OT Joe Alt, Notre Dame
QB JJ McCarthy, Michigan

CB Quinyon Mitchell, Toledo
OT Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Penn State

Edited by JetsandI

At least it is OL. If Fashanu is available, I’d rather him. He is a proven college LT. I get some of the knocks on him but he has played at a high level at PSU.

Teams that pass on him for another OT besides Alt will regret it. It smells like Wirfs or Becton all over again. Let’s not make the same mistake twice. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, xrade said:

At least it is OL. If Fashanu is available, I’d rather him. He is a proven college LT. I get some of the knocks on him but he has played at a high level at PSU.

Teams that pass on him for another OT besides Alt will regret it. It smells like Wirfs or Becton all over again. Let’s not make the same mistake twice. 

I was thinking about Vera Tucker manning LT when Smith is out. That would leave RG open as Fuaga a powerful run blocker can fill in nicely.   However, it is all about 2024.

3 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I was thinking about Vera Tucker manning LT when Smith is out. That would leave RG open as Fuaga a powerful run blocker can fill in nicely.   However, it is all about 2024.

I really don't think they want to move AVT if they can help it.  JD said as much and two years of moving from OG to OT resulted in injuries.  I do not necessarily blame the move to OT for causing the injuries, but, who knows.

It is all about 2024 but JD has not really deviated from wanting to build not only a win now team, but a sustainable team.  I say that because a lot of these signings are short term deals that will not kill the cap down the road. Now he just needs to draft the older vets replacements.  Since we have no glaring holes ATM, JD can draft players that will be starters next year.  That is why I think OT is still the pick at 10.

24 minutes ago, xrade said:

I really don't think they want to move AVT if they can help it.  JD said as much and two years of moving from OG to OT resulted in injuries.  I do not necessarily blame the move to OT for causing the injuries, but, who knows.

It is all about 2024 but JD has not really deviated from wanting to build not only a win now team, but a sustainable team.  I say that because a lot of these signings are short term deals that will not kill the cap down the road. Now he just needs to draft the older vets replacements.  Since we have no glaring holes ATM, JD can draft players that will be starters next year.  That is why I think OT is still the pick at 10.

That would make Olu a strong candidate for you.  I keep forgetting about AVT staying one spot.

• rickyt31 changed the title to 2024-25 College Football & Draft Talk