WFT signs S Bobby McCain to a 1 year deal

This is the kind of free safety play we need. McCain appears to be Strong in all aspects of the game coverage, tackling range etc. A FS like McCain allows you to play more man to man which allows to apply more pressure (blitz) on the QB. This is part of the reason we did not blitz alot last yr. We have a descent man to man CB now (Jackson). If McCain can play like this our D will be much better. Check out the range he has in game coverage's. Good range which Everett and Apke lacked. If you guys remember the Lions game last yr it was abundantly clear were need a FS with some kind of good range.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, offbyone said:

I am tired of these one year deals.  This does not build culture or a team long term.  

I’m not, it allows us to see how a player fits, adds depth, and doesn’t tie us to a player (like Landon) if they don’t work out.

you have to think they “bigger” guys aren’t 1 years like Samuel and Jackson. These 1 year deals are auditions and buys us time Incase we want to draft replacements that are cheaper

rather do this for mid tier guys then to sign long deals on them and them not work out

• Like 3

2 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

I’m not, it allows us to see how a player fits, adds depth, and doesn’t tie us to a player (like Landon) if they don’t work out.

you have to think they “bigger” guys aren’t 1 years like Samuel and Jackson. These 1 year deals are auditions and buys us time Incase we want to draft replacements that are cheaper

rather do this for mid tier guys then to sign long deals on them and them not work out

These are also smart deals because if these guys play well and leave similar to how Flowers did we get a nice comp pick.

I love the competition we will have back there. I think this is the perfect player for Forrest to practice and study film with. I can see Forrest and he splitting reps. I can also see Forrest getting reps at Curls Buffalo nickel when they spell Collins at SS with Curl. I know Forrest was a ST priority pick but much like Terry I think he’s just going to force coaches to get him reps on the field much like Curl last season. I really love this defense I think they are deep and I hope we get to see what I envision with this group this year