2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Thankfully this isn’t a problem here, but there seem to be browns fans who are more fans of Baker than the team itself.

Really weird phenomenon I’ve noticed around Baker.

No worries this front office helped draft Kizer then traded Peppers for

For Deshaun. 

What are the odds we move on from Baker regardless?

Like, trade him for a pick and bring in another vet or draft a rookie?  Seemed almost unthinkable like 2 days ago, but the FO is clearly not all in.

Is this just a matter of Watson being an incredible opportunity that’s too good not to take a shot at, or has he just worn out his welcome?

24 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like, trade him for a pick and bring in another vet or draft a rookie?  Seemed almost unthinkable like 2 days ago, but the FO is clearly not all in.

Is this just a matter of Watson being an incredible opportunity that’s too good not to take a shot at, or has he just worn out his welcome?

I think sending out the public signal they're going to inquire and make a play for Watson in some capacity shows exactly this tbh.

I'm not sure the reasons, but it's apparent that they're "going all in" on their window, which I at least respect organizationally. They have an elite OL, running game, and 2 elite defenders at elite positions (DE, CB) to go with a solid core in the rest of the secondary.

They're built to get ahead and stay ahead with that defense, and frankly, they're capable QB play away from being a contender for the division, and great to elite QB play away from being a Super Bowl contender.

I think that the writing is on the wall for Baker this season, which actually would have shocked me 24 hours ago.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Feel like he’s gone at this point

If they don’t trade for Watson, I think they’ll try and trade for Carr or some other alternative

• Like 2

If we don’t get Watson I see no reason we shouldn’t be able to run it back with Baker. 

Dude there’s nobody on earth who thinks Baker is better than Watson even Baker. 

If we don’t get him we can stay we looked into what we thought may be an upgrade at the position. That’s Andrews freaking job.