2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. Crapolo et all ain’t going to get it done. Mariota?  My god the qbs I’m hearing from supposed fans to replace Baker is unreal to me. 

Half assed mediocrity here we come *******. 

Strongly disagree.

Any QB that can consistently play average or better within the system and, more importantly, within themselves, will be an improvement over Mayfield.

Really all we need if we continue to focus on beefing up the D, reinforcing the OL and picking up another receiver or two in FA and later in the draft.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Like as bad as landing Watson is in some ways, not landing him is worse unless the nerds can smooth Baker’s ego or land an upgrade.

Carr and Jimmy are debatable/possible, but that’s about it.  Whiff on those guys and it’s back to the same old browns 

Jimmy Haslam **** his pants watching the Rams win the Super Bowl with Matthew Stafford. 

It’s up to Mayfield as far as where his mindset is, if we don’t get Watson. In my mind, the best thing for both sides is that they somehow put their egos aside and kiss and make up and make year five work. See what a healthy Mayfield does. He has a reason to come back, because in his contract year, you would think he would be a successful here, where he has been the past several years, as he would be at some random place like Houston.

I think that ship has sailed though. I think it’s pretty clear they don’t believe in Mayfield anymore here. They want to get rid of him.

• Like 2

Just now, cortes02 said:

With all due respect, the quarterbacks who have played for the Browns since their return set the bar so low that even a semblance of competent QB play would make them look like a franchise QB (i.e. Baker Mayfield)

Peace!!!

I mean, are they all bad?  Did a half dozen or whatever “experts” all draft dog**** players?

Or does this franchise just not know what it’s doing when it come to developing a QB or establishing an identity or really anything?  

Chrsit, the “good years” we’re referring to had like 4 head coaches over that 4 year period.

Our #1 overall pick who’s been fantastic for half season stretches at a time multiple times can’t even finish his rookie deal ffs.

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

Jimmy Haslam **** his pants watching the Rams win the Super Bowl with Matthew Stafford. 

It’s up to Mayfield as far as where his mindset is, if we don’t get Watson. In my mind, the best thing for both sides is that they somehow put their egos aside and kiss and make up and make year five work. See what a healthy Mayfield does. He has a reason to come back, because in his contract year, you would think he would be a successful here, where he has been the past several years, as he would be at some random place like Houston.

I think that ship has sailed though. I think it’s pretty clear they don’t believe in Mayfield anymore here. They want to get rid of him.

Then I hope they have a backup plan to Watson.

• Like 2

We already got Cooper, we have every opportunity to get another really good receiver, why not continue to roster build an offense? Bring back a healthy Baker. Take your shot next year if it doesn’t work, with a great cast to work with, and better options out there. We better not mortgage what we have, or could have, for a slight upgrade type of guy, forfeiting assets to take things to the next level.

I have no faith in our owner and you would think he would be smarter, as somebody that has been so successful in business.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Strongly disagree.

Any QB that can consistently play average or better within the system and, more importantly, within themselves, will be an improvement over Mayfield.

Really all we need if we continue to focus on beefing up the D, reinforcing the OL and picking up another receiver or two in FA and later in the draft.

Bull****

8 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If there is a high cost then stick with your 18th best quarterback and swing at any of the good options next year. That’s my stance. Give him a chance to play healthy in year 5. That ship has obviously sailed.

If we would be using our next year R1 for a QB anyway, then the cost isn't so great.

I would not be in on these multiple R1 picks/player packages being floated.

HOU doesn't hold all the cards.

They have a wasting asset and will wise up to a more reasonable deal to a team that Watson will agree to, imho.

In fact, his agreement to a trade might strongly influence/define the trade package.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

We already got Cooper, we have every opportunity to get another really good receiver, why not continue to roster build an offense? Bring back a healthy Baker. Take your shot next year if it doesn’t work, with a great cast to work with, and better options out there. We better not mortgage what we have, or could have, for a slight upgrade type of guy, forfeiting assets to take things to the next level.

I have no faith in our owner and you would think he would be smarter, as somebody that has been so successful in business.

The problem is this isn’t a gas station.  This is Dunning Kruger.

Let the pros do their job, just sign the checks you ******* buffoon.  How many times does this guy have to eff up before he realizes he may be a bit of a moron?

• Like 1

The only way I am on board this is if we aren’t giving up assets and we see whoever our quarterback is coming in as a better option but one that we can transition away from in a year or two. There isn’t a franchise quarterback out there other than Watson, and he’s not on the list for me. Giving up assets would be a huge mistake with where this roster is and with the quarterbacks available. Sadly though, if we don’t get Watson, we have showed our hand, and they will never put their ego aside to run it back and make the right decision. That would be admitting that they were wrong.

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

It's already set to happen. We'll miss out on Watson, trade Baker for peanuts, acquire a mediocre QB like Jimmy G. Baker will then go on to have a great career while us Browns fans continue to suffer.

It's destiny. We're not meant to be happy.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

If we would be using our next year R1 for a QB anyway, then the cost isn't so great.

I would not be in on these multiple R1 picks/player packages being floated.

HOU doesn't hold all the cards.

They have a wasting asset and will wise up to a more reasonable deal to a team that Watson will agree to, imho.

In fact, his agreement to a trade might strongly influence/define the trade package.

There are multiple teams that have all submitted offers they’ve agreed to.

It’s just a matter of where he wants to play.