2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

1 minute ago, NateDawg said:

The only way I am on board this is if we aren’t giving up assets and we see whoever our quarterback is coming in as a better option but one that we can transition away from in a year or two. There isn’t a franchise quarterback out there other than Watson, and he’s not on the list for me. Giving up assets would be a huge mistake with where this roster is and with the quarterbacks available. Sadly though, if we don’t get Watson, we have showed our hand, and they will never put their ego aside to run it back and make the right decision. That would be admitting that they were wrong.

I think Jimmy is a viable 1 year option that likely costs less than we get for Baker.

But we’re back to drafting a rookie in ‘23

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The problem is this isn’t a gas station.  This is Dunning Kruger.

Let the pros do their job, just sign the checks you ******* buffoon.  How many times does this guy have to eff up before he realizes he may be a bit of a moron?

Morons tend to not learn from their mistakes. Unfortunately for us.

• Like 3

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think Jimmy is a viable 1 year option that likely costs less than we get for Baker.

I would settle for that. The best I am hoping for at this point is we break even with assets, whatever route we go. 

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Those guys were just like Baker a few years ago.  Only they didn’t have as much success tbh.

Jamies threw 30 picks with Evans, Godwin, etc and Arians running the offense.  Good luck.

Yeah none of these bull**** replacements are any better than Mayfield. If they don’t get Watson we’re just going to kick this **** down the road until this team ages and is **** again. Baker won the first ******* playoff game for the first time in forever. With a better ******* defense we would have went further. Oh ******* crap I’m re-re-re-re ******* hashing the same **** I hear from “fans” such as @candyman93 Et all that I loathe and yet here I am. 

Good lord I had hope for the Browns “this time”. Give Baker a defense…uhh and health…I know who’d a thought, and boom we’re contenders. But hey who am I. Just a man reacquainting myself with tequila 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 1

I do wonder what the compensation would be for Mayfield. He is entering his contract year, and when you give up assets, you typically want a commitment that the guy will be around more than one season. However in his case, I’m not sure other teams see him as a guy they are going to throw a ton of money and years at unless they see better play next season. So, the team that trades for him is probably not going to be committal to his future. I’m thinking third round is about right. Maybe a chance for it to become a second.

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Ppl saying, we can’t have baker one more year, we can’t waste a year of Chubb, Ward, and etc…

like how many games you guys think Watson is going to play last year. They will prolly throw prolly a year at him to send a message to the players and all the new female coaches they have…

so there you guys, they just wasted a year cause a back up will be the QB all season. 

why not move on from baker when there is an actual great QB class…

That year lost would extend Watson's contract, which would be cap-friendly.

If we focus on strengthening the D and reinforcing the OL this offseason, I think we will excel this year with Watson and at least have a winning record with a Carr, Garoppolo, Winston, Mariota, etc.

No wasted year is necessary.

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah none of these bull**** replacements are any better than Mayfield. If they don’t get Watson we’re just going to kick this **** down the road until this team ages and is **** again. Baker won the first ******* playoff game for the first time in forever. With a better ******* defense we would have went further. Oh ******* crap I’m re-re-re-re ******* hashing the same **** I hear from “fans” such as @candyman93 Et all that I loathe and yet here I am. 

Good lord I had hope for the Browns “this time”. Give Baker a defense…uhh and health…I know who’d a thought, and boom we’re contenders. But hey who am I. Just a man reacquainting myself with tequila 🤷🏼‍♂️

I’d just like to be a stable, well run franchise for once.

I trust the nerds, but Haslam is simply a liability.

If they land Watson they’re aces (from a purely football perspective).  He’s undoubtedly better and they’ll be a legit contender immediately.

This is a helluva gamble.

After that, I guess you just hope he’s not suspended for too long?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

I do wonder what the compensation would be for Mayfield. He is entering his contract year, and when you give up assets, you typically want a commitment that the guy will be around more than one season. However in his case, I’m not sure other teams see him as a guy they are going to throw a ton of money and years at unless they see better play next season. So, the team that trades for him is probably not going to be committal to his future. I’m thinking third round is about right. Maybe a chance for it to become a second.

3-4?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

We couldn't tell

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah that’s the thing, if we don’t get Watson this whole thing is back to a ****show. It’s literally back to a rebuild. Is jimma truckstop willing to give the nerds that time? Holy **** thank goodness we have the Ind…uhhh errr Guapians?

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah that’s the thing, if we don’t get Watson this whole thing is back to a ****show. It’s literally back to a rebuild. Is jimma truckstop willing to give the nerds that time? Holy **** thank goodness we have the Ind…uhhh errr Guapians?

Yeah, I said it earlier.  If we whiff on Watson, the clock is ticking. 2 more full seasons would be the leash I’d imagine.