2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

55 minutes ago, pscottdai said:

And how many times was it pointed out that not all of those failures were his in crunch time. Sure some were directly on him but how many others were on dropped balls, penalties or poor play calls?

I am not going to look it up right now but from what I recall the stats are pretty damning.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

But hey, stick with your emotions bro and your radio broadcasts instead of actually watching what happened and see it with your own eyes.

You obviously do not pay attention or you would know that there is a 30+ second delay between the radio broadcast and the television broadcast and that I have plenty of time to come into the house and do watch every key play.

6 minutes ago, bruceb said:

But as always, you have your mind made up and that is that, nothing any of us say is going to change it so why should your replies/comment change anyone else's? 

FO is with me. I will take their judgment over the combined judgment of the forum.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bruceb said:

I will take their judgment over the combined judgment of the forum.

And here lies the mistake; you speak of judgment but not the subsequent wrath that is sure to follow...

25 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Ooh. Hadn't considered that!

Question: what do you get with a crushed wind pipe?

Answer: only silence

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bruceb said:

That year lost would extend Watson's contract, which would be cap-friendly.

If we focus on strengthening the D and reinforcing the OL this offseason, I think we will excel this year with Watson and at least have a winning record with a Carr, Garoppolo, Winston, Mariota, etc.

No wasted year is necessary.

Next 2 years on his contract is $40m+ Each yea, not really the most friendly for a cap. 

so you want the browns to, what it sounds like, sell the farm for Watson and then trade for Another QB to spot starter for the potential year Watson has to be suspended?

Here's what I think is being underplayed, and I think @NateDawg hit the nail on the head in all of this:

WE HAVE TRUCKSTOP JIMMY AS OUR OWNER.

He has an itchy trigger finger, and it's very likely our FO and HC are on the hot seat and know it, and the only way to salvage their jobs is by making a big move at  the QB position.

Jimmy probably doesn't want Baker back (see: what just happened to Wentz in Indianapolis) and everyone's hands are tied here.

This whole situation sucks and reeks of desperation. Something has happened in the last several days/weeks, given the nerds hung up on anyone inquiring about Baker in a trade not long ago when his value was at its highest and now they're panic pursuing Watson and some middle tier JAG lateral moves at best like Jimmy G.

IT IS ALL TRUCKSTOP JIMMY!!!!!