2021 Baker thread

ReggieCamp

6 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Joe has a bit of an inside scoop on Baker.

Said guys loved him and hated him, some guys thought he was insecure about Keenum being better than him, and that is why he kept playing 

As I have said all along, head case.

Can't wait until there is no Mayfield thread.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

As I have said all along, head case.

Can't wait until there is no Mayfield thread.

The current starter is much more of a headcase. He stated that he has never disrespected a woman in his life. I have never sexually assaulted a woman and I can't say I've never disrespected a woman so he shouldn't think that about himself. He is either mentally unstable or terrible at lying which is going to go bad in his civil cases..

Joe talked about Mayfield taking a pay cut, that isn't allowed under the 5th year option so he isn't completely informed on that aspect of a contract. He also grasped at things he didn't know about, which is pretty much his job but to take it as fact that some loved Baker and others hated him and there was no middle ground seems extremely unlikely. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

The current starter is much more of a headcase. He stated that he has never disrespected a woman in his life. I have never sexually assaulted a woman and I can't say I've never disrespected a woman so he shouldn't think that about himself. He is either mentally unstable or terrible at lying which is going to go bad in his civil cases..

Joe talked about Mayfield taking a pay cut, that isn't allowed under the 5th year option so he isn't completely informed on that aspect of a contract. He also grasped at things he didn't know about, which is pretty much his job but to take it as fact that some loved Baker and others hated him and there was no middle ground seems extremely unlikely. 

No worries the early over under are out Browns with Deshaun playing 17

Games 8 wins.

Oh my gosh.  I can’t believe it.  Someone at your job doesn’t like you.  Nooooo

This is probably the first time I have in the history of the world heard that 2 people didn’t get along.  Baker is the worst. 

Ok Bruce some questions 

Now that berry has had his 3rd draft

How much due we Improve over Mayfield 12 win season

Also how much does are wide receivers improve over Mayfields 2800 yard campaign with Obj,landry,and Njoku?

18 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don’t think Baker was hated.

I just think guys were irritated with him, but nothing crazy.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

How much due we Improve over Mayfield 12 win season

Probably not at all.

We have gotten better but so has the competition.

4 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Also how much does are wide receivers improve over Mayfields 2800 yard campaign with Obj,landry,and Njoku?

Which one was that?

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t think Baker was hated.

I just think guys were irritated with him, but nothing crazy.

Irritated by his play or just something unknown? I get being irritated by his play once he was injured, although Landry/OBJ/Wills/Hooper etc... shouldn't cast stones because they all struggled.

Chubb should have been irritated by coaching, Baker, all of the receivers but I didn't hear a peep out of him.

1 minute ago, bruceb said:

There are different types of head cases.

My only angst is with the types that cannot win football games for my team.

Yeah, well maybe you should use different terminology then. I don't think any type of head case bothers you. If the QB stabs a DB on his way to the end zone I suspect you'd cheer for that. That's your prerogative.

Baker is labeled a headcase because media portrays him that way. Local media didn't like him. A lot of national media didn't like him. They don't report fairly when that's the case, they just make stuff up and vaguely report it as fact.

As far as actual facts, I see nothing that indicates him as a headcase. But in this age, most try not to let facts get in the way of their opinion.

4 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Yes.

I do not like anything about him.

And for every me, I am sure there is a you.

I don't know anything about him personally and very little professionally. He may be a total arse. He may be a borderline saint. I'm aware of my ignorance of who he is, a man I never met, and judge him accordingly. I have no agenda about him besides how good of a QB I think he could be. Also, more than likely he isn't a rapist.

Good enough for me.

7 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't think any type of head case bothers you.

I see them as they are.

And, in this case, focus on their effectiveness as NFL QBs.

32 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If the QB stabs a DB on his way to the end zone

Watch the opening scene of Bruce Willis's The Last Boy Scout.