• Clippers in 5
    • Clippers in 6
    • Clippers in 7
    • Mavericks in 4
    • Mavericks in 5
    • Mavericks in 6
    • Mavericks in 7

11 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Carlisle doesn't play him any minutes with Luka and I don't get it. I get the Clips have bigger wings but playing Brunson alongside Luka gives Dallas another shot creator which they badly need. THJ can get his own shot at times but the offense just completely stalls in large stretches in the 4th quarter. Need to change that in game 7. 

He needs that Boban/KP front court so they can get out rebounded by Morris/Batum.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He needs that Boban/KP front court so they can get out rebounded by Morris/Batum.

Actually, thats not statically accurate....and the Boban/KP tandem poses some serious hassles to the Clips defensively.  Those two on opposite sides of the paint can close off alot of the LACs taking it to the hole. Take Boban out - KP fails alone.

On offense....Boban's as slow and awkward moving as they come - but - he's real handy on short inside passes. I wish he'd just kill them off by jamming them home rather than gently laying it up on the rim.

Edited by Leader

3 minutes ago, Leader said:

Actually, thats not statically accurate....and the Boban/KP tandem poses some serious hassles to the Clips defensively.  Those two on opposite sides of the paint can close off alot of the LACs taking it to the hole. Take Boban out - KP fails alone.

On offense....Boban's as slow and awkward moving as they come - but - he's real handy on short inside passes. I wish he'd just kill them off by jamming them home rather than gently laying it up on the rim.

KP has put up some absolute stinkers in this series, I had high hopes for him but man he looks horrible. When the Knicks were trying to trade him they called us and asked if we'd send Donovan back in a deal and we hung up the phone.

Something to keep an eye on this afternoon for game 7 is how much does Powell play. I think he had more of an impact in the Mavs pulling out game 5 than starting Boban did.

I’m not saying Boban has no impact, but I think the Clippers have still kinda figured it out going against him. It worked at first in game 5 keeping them out of the lane and making them more of a jump shooting team, but you kind of have to pray they miss and they were getting off better attempts against Boban line-ups in game 6.

Powell played 22 mins in game 5 and was a +10. Boban was a -9 in 20 mins.

Now +/- isn’t always accurate, but I do think Powell can crash the boards pretty well, be a lob threat (much better hands) and most importantly is much more switchable than the slow Boban who the Clippers can expose, especially if they go up against it for a good amount of time for a third straight game.

I really think the Mavs need his activity on both ends, especially if the threes aren’t falling at a crazy rate. If he played even 2/3rds the amount of time Porzingis does he would get probably double the rebounds. The Mavs did not shoot good in game 5 when he played by far his most minutes with a measly 41% from the field and a good but not great 38.9% from three. 

It’s too hard to read too much into +/- in general, but especially since he played so few mins in the other games, but the lowest his +/- was in those few minutes was like -1 at worst. Again this doesn’t mean that much, but he doesn’t really need to shoot and does a lot of the dirty work and that’s something the team needs when they aren’t on fire.

He may bring down their offense a little bit when on the court, but the defensive impact makes up for it.

The offensive rating with him on the court this series is 110.2 and off the court is 113.4 for a differential of -3.2 which puts him only behind Finney-Smith, Doncic, Hardaway, Porzingis and Kleber. I’m also sure a lot of theirs is in the positive due to time played with Luka.

Now, onto the defensive rating which while a small sample is still pretty startling. 

The defensive rating with him on the court is 96.6 (!!!!) which is easily a team best and with him off the court it’s a 120.9 which is second best only behind Finney-Smith. The differential between his on/off is -24.3. The only one close is Finney Smith at -15.5. The next closest after DFS is WCS at -4.7. 

He has the 4th best net rating differential only behind Finney-Smith (#1), Doncic (#2), and Hardaway (#3) aka the 3 players you would expect. The 5th best is Porzingis and his net rating differential is 2X worse than Powell at 9.0 versus Powell at 21.1.

Like I’m not saying Powell is some Kawhi or PG stopper lol, but is it really that crazy to think Powell had some impact in by far his most minutes in game 5 when he played his most minutes and Kawhi had his most turnovers and worst shooting of the series (only game 1 is comparable)?

I think my point here is clear but in case it’s not I’ll put it in bigger text and bold for dramatic effect...

PLAY DWIGHT POWELL MORE, RICK!!! 

You don’t necessarily have to give him the 22 mins he got in game 5, but stop giving him the 3 to 7 mins that you have in every other game. He should get at least like 15 mins in game 7 imo. Hopefully we see it, but I’m skeptical. 

New York Lol GIF by Lifetime

Edited by TheRealMcCoy