• Jazz in 5
    • Jazz in 6
    • Jazz in 7
    • Grizzles in 4
    • Grizzles in 5
    • Grizzles in 6
    • Grizzles in 7

Just now, Kirill said:

I mean jazz are the first seed for a reason and he’s still young AF but my point during the draft was take the friggin ball handler. We’ve seen the oden over KD, Ayton over Luka results.

On the Jazz… they really impressed me last night. I didn’t think beforehand they had enough talent to win the chip but I think they could get it done this year.

I definitely agree with that. If you look back at recent draft history pretty much every team that has taken a big early has gotten bad return on their investment. The only two bigs that went early and were worth the pick have been Davis and Embiid. 

We have to stop going into cruise control every game and letting the Grizzles make runs. Ever since Snyder took over as our head coach we've had a tendency to do that for some reason. We'll play well and then let the other team make a huge run. Or go down big early and then make a push late to make it competitive. 

If we're hitting our 3's though I think we can definitely compete with any team in the league. Hopefully we can win the next two and the Mavericks/Clippers series goes 7 so Donovan can get to 100%.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I definitely agree with that. If you look back at recent draft history pretty much every team that has taken a big early has gotten bad return on their investment. The only two bigs that went early and were worth the pick have been Davis and Embiid. 

We have to stop going into cruise control every game and letting the Grizzles make runs. Ever since Snyder took over as our head coach we've had a tendency to do that for some reason. We'll play well and then let the other team make a huge run. Or go down big early and then make a push late to make it competitive. 

If we're hitting our 3's though I think we can definitely compete with any team in the league. Hopefully we can win the next two and the Mavericks/Clippers series goes 7 so Donovan can get to 100%.

Yea I realize my point is also moot cuz no owner in the league is passing up on Zion due to $$$. Just think it’s a growing trend that needs a touch more recognition.

The NBA is going thru what the NHL did with the enforcer role getting phased out. League is becoming more and more about space and skill and everyone can create their own shot. Size and girth less relevant.

I think the Jazz are one of these rare teams that could win the chip even though their third option is still kinda a scrub and we’re in the super team age. Cuz they still got like three or four third options and elite defense. That’s what I realized just watching them play. Just anyone but KD and the Nets please.

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

Yea I realize my point is also moot cuz no owner in the league is passing up on Zion due to $$$. Just think it’s a growing trend that needs a touch more recognition.

The NBA is going thru what the NHL did with the enforcer role getting phased out. League is becoming more and more about space and skill and everyone can create their own shot. Size and girth less relevant.

I think the Jazz are one of these rare teams that could win the chip even though their third option is still kinda a scrub and we’re in the super team age. Cuz they still got like three or four third options and elite defense. That’s what I realized just watching them play. Just anyone but KD and the Nets please.

Bogdanovic is definitely not a scrub. 

22 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

Neither is Conley.

Yeah we have a pretty balanced scoring attack. In the series so far Mitchell is averaging 27, Conley is averaging 23, Bogdanovic is averaging 21, Gobert is averaging 16, Clarkson is averaging 15, O'Neale is averaging 10, and Ingles is averaging 9. 

Love what we've done to build around Donovan. Early in his career our biggest issue was that we didn't have enough shooting or playmaking around him but we've done an excellent job of adding pieces around him.

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

They called a foul on that as well so not sure what he was mad about lol. 

His hand came down awkward and hard on the rim.  Thought for sure he injured it during the replay.  My guess was it was a reaction to that, not that he didn't think he got the foul.