Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

9 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Anyone bored enough to discuss that? What makes Heyward a better pick for S21 than Gerald McCoy? What am I missing?

McCoy didn’t play at all last nfl season so now he is further removed from seasons he had production as the further we get into NSFL seasons the less those further away nfl seasons hold a percentage on production. I am assuming this and could be incorrect.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Anyone bored enough to discuss that? What makes Heyward a better pick for S21 than Gerald McCoy? What am I missing?

My 2 cents... the argument for Heyward

Real life stats, last 3 years McCoy had 8 and 6 sack seasons - and no games played in 2020 which hurts his attributes. Compared to Heyward who had 4, 9, and 8 sack seasons - plus 3 pro bowls and an all pro. Basically, Heyward is a top 3-5 IDL in the NFL, while McCoy is on the slide. Heyward is a solid keeper, and McCoy isn't

The argument for McCoy is that his sim stats, particularly stuffs, are top notch

But gun to my head, in equal offenses, I am going to assume Heyward would outperform McCoy

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tk3 said:

My 2 cents... the argument for Heyward

Real life stats, last 3 years McCoy had 8 and 6 sack seasons - and no games played in 2020 which hurts his attributes. Compared to Heyward who had 4, 9, and 8 sack seasons - plus 3 pro bowls and an all pro. Basically, Heyward is a top 3-5 IDL in the NFL, while McCoy is on the slide. Heyward is a solid keeper, and McCoy isn't

The argument for McCoy is that his sim stats, particularly stuffs, are top notch

But gun to my head, in equal offenses, I am going to assume Heyward would outperform McCoy

They playing Guard, C or Tackle?

• Like 2

I see. Makes sense.

On that note: I'm under the impression that S21 took place after the 2020 NFL season, and so the "attributes" applied during S21 are the same attributes that will be used during S22. If that's the case, McCoy is most likely a better option for S22, but - obviously - lacks long-term appeal. If the concern with McCoy is that he won't be usable after this season: makes perfect sense.

Just trying to make sure I'm not missing how this works.

1 minute ago, Scoundrel said:

They playing Guard, C or Tackle?

I'm going to argue, with zero support other than not being old, that Heyward would also be the better offensive player

• Like 2

Just now, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

I see. Makes sense.

On that note: I'm under the impression that S21 took place after the 2020 NFL season, and so the "attributes" applied during S21 are the same attributes that will be used during S22. If that's the case, McCoy is most likely a better option for S22, but - obviously - lacks long-term appeal. If the concern with McCoy is that he won't be usable after this season: makes perfect sense.

Just trying to make sure I'm not missing how this works.

You are correct. S21 should be a good representation of S22

Which is why his good S21 stats in NSFL are a big deal for McCoy

It's no guarantee though, as player stats are influenced by scheme, players around them etc. 

• Like 1

Just now, Tk3 said:

You are correct. S21 should be a good representation of S22

Which is why his good S21 stats in NSFL are a big deal for McCoy

It's no guarantee though, as player stats are influenced by scheme, players around them etc. 

Most definitely. I was hoping the part in bold is the only lingering factor that needs to be considered (for even-numbered seasons). Thank you!