Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

4 hours ago, Tk3 said:

Ruskie is also approaching the top 10 unluckiest teams of all time with a quarter of the season remaining, but of course that can swing wildly with 1 or 2 close games to finish things out

Rio de Janeiro Pirates 8.523 4 8 0.333 9 369 360 1 20 -2.392

200.gif

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Offense is 19 points better than any other in the league; defense is 19 points worse than any other in the league. Net positive points.

Season record is 4-8.

Therefore, defense is twice as important as offense. @TheKillerNacho confirmed offenses are overrated.

Thank you for attending my TED talk.

It's almost like you need both.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

It's almost like you need both.

Granted, I haven't bothered to go back and look, but historically speaking I don't think there were many teams that fit the opposite extremes - dominant on one side and terrible on the other. I could be mistaken, but didn't @waffles7 win his championship against @Tk3 with one of the most dominant defenses ever, and lack of offense?

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Granted, I haven't bothered to go back and look, but historically speaking I don't think there were many teams that fit the opposite extremes - dominant on one side and terrible on the other. I could be mistaken, but didn't @waffles7 win his championship against @Tk3 with one of the most dominant defenses ever, and lack of offense?

http://thekillernacho.blogspot.com/2015/06/nsfl-season-10-detailed-statistics.html

TACO BOWL X (Mon, Aug 10)
Winterfell Direwolves 26 vs Southview Saints 27

Winterfell OR: 1
Winterfell DR: 3

Southview OR: 17
Southview DR: 1

Did a quick run through the season point totals, so may be off slightly, but I think that's accurate. I know this went down as one of the biggest upsets in Taco Bowl history based on how stacked the Direwolves were, but Southview was so far and away better on defense, and it carried them to a ship.

Offensively, they were just 13 points above the worst in the league. Defensively, they were 16 points better than second... which was then 27 points better than third place, which is a much more sizeable gap. 

I think if given the choice between elite defense with poor offense or elite offense with poor defense, the elite defense teams seem to have more success.

Heck, look at this season and the prior page that tk3 posted. Top 9 teams had a top 10 or better defense; 3 offenses outside the top 10 within those same teams.

This is totally unbiased and my own team's performance absolutely has no relevance in my perception on the matter.

• Like 1