Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 22 - Taco Bowl XXII POSTED!)

2 minutes ago, Scoundrel said:

What does that mean? I’m a control freak so it’s my final say but I consult with my guy Daboyle as part of my staff. 

It would give him the power to make picks/moves for your team. Similar power to yours. Or less if you want to designate it to me. It would also give him some credit for the team in the OP.

Do you trust the guy to not make decisions without clearing it with you?

Just now, TheKillerNacho said:

It would give him the power to make picks/moves for your team. Similar power to yours. Or less if you want to designate it to me. It would also give him some credit for the team in the OP.

I would like to have all final say. Whatever that would be. But he can be on the OP with me for sure I trust my guy.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

I'll add him to the OP as your GM but I will not allow him to make any decisions whatosever unless you clear that power with me first in DM.

Just don’t want these wolves coming after my boy thinking they can be cutthroat 

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Definitely.

So, in closing: I think it's a great pick, and criticizing the selection because his S22 production might be a tad underwhelming (as a #2 RB) is short-sighted.

(And I think I'm just mad that you built this thing up, just to draft Harris. I was hoping to see a coach or something.)

Depends on your roster. A rebuilding team makes sense to try and gamble on a player that won't have good/great production for potentially 3 sim seasons, and keeping them around to see if they pay off. A team competing to win doesn't make sense because if a rookie doesn't live up to his draft status / hype, then not only do you not have much impact from your high draft pick, but you also probably have better players to spend tags to keep instead of hoping that maybe he rights the ship in year 2. Even the most prolific rookies can have seasons derailed due to injury and suddenly it's a sunk cost, rather than draft a veteran that can perform now and potentially improve as well.

Everyone's got a different philosophy and approach to the draft though, which is what makes this so fun. 

5 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Depends on your roster. A rebuilding team makes sense to try and gamble on a player that won't have good/great production for potentially 3 sim seasons, and keeping them around to see if they pay off. A team competing to win doesn't make sense because if a rookie doesn't live up to his draft status / hype, then not only do you not have much impact from your high draft pick, but you also probably have better players to spend tags to keep instead of hoping that maybe he rights the ship in year 2. Even the most prolific rookies can have seasons derailed due to injury and suddenly it's a sunk cost, rather than draft a veteran that can perform now and potentially improve as well.

Everyone's got a different philosophy and approach to the draft though, which is what makes this so fun. 

Yeah, absolutely.

I guess, from what I've seen, RBs tend not to take 3 sim seasons to make an impact. If Harris goes off during the 2021 NFL season - which I expect he will - his S23 sim stats should be significantly improved over the S22 sim stats. (I think that a WR like Chase could/will likely show the same boost.) It's why I think high-impact, high-ceiling rookies make sense as first round picks.

I do love how there's no real "right answer" to all of this. I like how there's no (known) ratings. Value fluctuates from one owner to the next.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, absolutely.

I guess, from what I've seen, RBs tend not to take 3 sim seasons to make an impact. If Harris goes off during the 2021 NFL season - which I expect he will - his S23 sim stats should be significantly improved over the S22 sim stats. (I think that a WR like Chase could/will likely show the same boost.) It's why I think high-impact, high-ceiling rookies make sense as first round picks.

I do love how there's no real "right answer" to all of this. I like how there's no (known) ratings. Value fluctuates from one owner to the next.

Fully agree, keep drafting the rookies y'all