Ravens 2021 OTAs & TC

DreamKid

4 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

I'm going to say no. I have a hard time believing the Ravens are that interested in Julio because of our cap and what ATL is looking to get back in compensation.

I would like Julio but I honestly would rather see what we have with what we got.. I think Julio is no doubt an upgrade but at the expense of figuring out what we have in our young guys.. It’s a risk.. but I think it’s worth it... 

I never understood the media hype on Julio to Baltimore, it was a real possibility pre draft but post draft there was no doubt in my mind that they were officially out of the sweepstakes. We just have too many young receivers that need a look and bringing it Julio hampers that process not too mention the draft capital and cap repercussions of it.

• Like 1

Eli Wolf sleeper for F-TE2?

I don't know what mental errors Ferg is committing, but either way it's not the kind of thing we want to hear. At least he's in 'great shape' 🤷‍♂️.

Duve-inclusion would be the icing on our passing game evolution cake. 

BTW Here's an interesting article from last year that looks at Eli Wolf and his testing numbers-

https://www.theringer.com/2020/4/17/21224320/prospect-testing-reported-times-jalen-reagor-cam-dantzler

Summary is, while he's probably a pretty good athlete for the TE position- it's unlikely that he's a historic/legendary one. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Conditioning test caught another body?

F, thing is FredMichael Jason KreugerMeyers at this point.... 

Victim after victim. It's not like the Ravens are known for bringing in lesser caliber athletes either. Sure no one is shocked when a Terrance Cody or Orlando Brown fail, but as Sarah points out- the test has defeated some souped-up Ravens as well.

Not too big of a deal at this point, and frankly pursuing personnel ideal for a mammoth style run game will likely increase the chances of failed tests. Which I'm sure the FO & Coaches understand. It's kind of hard for freakishly big humans to immediately meet the elite athletic standards of the NFL's toughest conditioning test. Cleveland will get there soon enough. It does make the competition at LG slightly more interesting though, especially early on. Ben won't be able to practice until he passes the test and he started out(at least in the minds of fans/media) as the favorite for the spot. 

On 7/22/2021 at 3:47 PM, DreamKid said:

Ben won't be able to practice until he passes the test and he started out(at least in the minds of fans/media) as the favorite for the spot. 

Don't players who fail the conditioning test typically pass it within the next day or two?  While it might mean that Powers gets the first team snaps in the first couple of practices, I don't think think this'll have any meaningful impact on who ends up being starter come Week 1

2 minutes ago, drd23 said:

Don't players who fail the conditioning test typically pass it within the next day or two?  While it might mean that Powers gets the first team snaps in the first couple of practices, I don't think think this'll have any meaningful impact on who ends up being starter come Week 1

Yea it's usually a couple days, but can last a bit longer if the player is farther away from peak condition/performance(for whatever reason).

I don't see it having any meaningful impact either. As I said, I think it makes things slightly more interesting. Likely in the way you alluded to, which is in extra early reps being awarded to players who passed the test on first go and who the coaches could feel deserves the first shot to impress. Which might've been the situation anyway(failed test or not) with Cleveland coming in as a Rookie.

LG definitely has the most intrigue behind it in terms of who's going to start. There's really no other position that doesn't have a settled starter. I think Ben Cleveland has the enthusiasm edge and Mekari has the experience edge. They're probably viewed as the upside options. While Ben Powers and Tyre Phillips are in that "Underwhelmed before, can they drastically change minds?" club, and Ben Bredeson is pretty much an unknown for us fans. If I had to guess now, I'd say it's Ben Cleveland's job to lose- with the caveat that if he 'looks too much like a Rookie' and not the immediate interior behemoth the FO/Coaches imagine, that title can quickly shift to Mekari. I'm open to being surprised though and I truly hope those background guys do make a push.

LG, QB2, and TE3 baby, the 2021 positional battles that we'll never forget. 

15 minutes ago, berlin calling said:

So he seems to be one of approx 9-10 guys not vaccinated (yet), if the team saying they have a 90% vac rate is accurate.

Can't you still get it even if you're vaccinated? The symptoms no longer hit you hard/at all, but you can still test positive for and pass on the virus(and all it's variants to others)- isn't that the deal?

Either way, I hope it's limited to just Gus.

7 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Can't you still get it even if you're vaccinated? The symptoms no longer hit you hard/at all, but you can still test positive for and pass on the virus(and all it's variants to others)- isn't that the deal?

Depends on which vaccination you get, but iirc Moderna and Pzifer prevent 94-95% of infections and near on 100% of deaths.  So yes, you can still get COVID after being vaccinated, but the risk is a hell of a lot smaller than if you weren't

10 hours ago, DreamKid said:

thing is, according to the NFL protocol he obviously isn't vaccinated, else he could return after 48hrs.

see: here

According to Thursday's memo, vaccinated players or staff who test positive and are asymptomatic can return to duty after two negative tests 24 hours apart. For non-vaccinated persons who test positive, the 2020 protocols remain in place, requiring a 10-day isolation.