Jump to content

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, diamondbull424 said:

Why not? Tyre Phillips at guard was scoring in the 30s by PFF before playing somewhat more capable at RT and finishing the year with his paltry 47.1, yet in his worst season Zeitler scored 20 points higher in their metrics.

At LG we already know what we’re getting from some of our talent. Mekari was in the Bozeman sphere at RG. Ben Powers was mediocre to average, but not anywhere near Phillips level bad. Phillips himself should ideally be better by virtue of experience. This is all not even considering what potential might be gleaned from Ben Cleveland.

There isn’t truly a logical reason to assume the IOL won’t be an improvement over last years considering the investments and development potential.

I can see the more pessimistic outlook for the OT spots where AV is transitioning to the opposite side for the first time in his career and is aging out, while Stanley isn’t healthy, and the other best options will be mixing in with the IOL competitions.   

Eh, disagree on a few points.

I don’t believe Mekari is in the Bozeman sphere tbh. I think Bozeman was underrated at LG so I won’t be surprised at all if on the whole whichever Ben wins the LG job gives us a lower level of play there...Powers was less than mediocre at RG in the playoffs and Cleveland is a 3rd round rookie. I don’t think it’s a huge leap in logic to think LG could represent a downgrade from Bozeman. 

C should be an upgrade, I agree.

And again, RG with Zeitler as an improvement is banking on him staying healthy the whole year and not continuing to decline as he started last year. So far he hasn’t even shown he can do the former.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm buying in on all the TC hype on Oweh. That 0 sack stat line his last year of college will become part of Ravens' lore.

I completely agree, I'm super excited to see how he looks in the preseason.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

I'm buying in on all the TC hype on Oweh. That 0 sack stat line his last year of college will become part of Ravens' lore.

Apparently being the greatest athlete ever at EDGE is helping him make an early impact. I'm surprised that's turning out to be more important than his one year total of a grossly overvalued stat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DreamKid said:

Apparently being the greatest athlete ever at EDGE is helping him make an early impact. I'm surprised that's turning out to be more important than his one year total of a grossly overvalued stat.

Yea, for me it's still that I just found him so impressive on "tape" (everything I could find online of him as soon as he became a Raven). He was a DOG out there in college, including his junior year. Even if he hits in the NFL, the narrative will be that he was a super raw athletic freak who figured it out and put it together in the NFL, and that would be false. The 0 sacks (in a shortened version of the weirdest season ever with no Parsons on the defense to draw attention, no less) totally changed how he was viewed in the draft. According to PFR, he had 6.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in only 7 games his junior year; all of his other 7 tackles for loss in his college career were sacks. The fact that he didn't fall on top of a few sacks is a statistical miracle, at least from the Ravens perspective.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar's comments on the vaccine are just next-level stupid at this point. There's no excuse for this garbage.

 

Him not being vaccinated is the most annoyed I've been with Lamar. However those quotes at least give me hope that he does it. I mean if he's actually talking to the team and listening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

Him not being vaccinated is the most annoyed I've been with Lamar. However those quotes at least give me hope that he does it. I mean if he's actually talking to the team and listening.

Saying he's going to "consider his options" after this is essentially confirmation he's not getting it, especially when asked directly if he would.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Saying he's going to "consider his options" after this is essentially confirmation he's not getting it, especially when asked directly if he would.

Maybe, I'm just being wishful, but I'd (hopefully) imagine he's embarrassed about being the most famous player to get COVID and miss a game and then getting it again and missing a big chunk training camp because of his decision. Even if he changes his mind, I'd imagine he'd do it more quietly rather than openly confronting his mistake.

But agree that I wouldn't count on him to do the right thing at this point.

Edited by wackywabbit
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Saying he's going to "consider his options" after this is essentially confirmation he's not getting it, especially when asked directly if he would.

I disagree, he seems open to being convinced to take the vaccine. It's not like Lamar is taking a Cole Beasely or Kirk Cousins stance of being against it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Lamar's comments on the vaccine are just next-level stupid at this point. There's no excuse for this garbage.

 

You sound like an imbecile right now. Talking to doctors before you put an experimental vaccine in your body is stupid? Learning is stupid? 

Being outraged that someone with natural immunity won’t take an experimental vaccine is beyond stupid.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, wackywabbit said:

Yea, for me it's still that I just found him so impressive on "tape" (everything I could find online of him as soon as he became a Raven). He was a DOG out there in college, including his junior year. Even if he hits in the NFL, the narrative will be that he was a super raw athletic freak who figured it out and put it together in the NFL, and that would be false. The 0 sacks (in a shortened version of the weirdest season ever with no Parsons on the defense to draw attention, no less) totally changed how he was viewed in the draft. According to PFR, he had 6.5 tackles behind the line of scrimmage in only 7 games his junior year; all of his other 7 tackles for loss in his college career were sacks. The fact that he didn't fall on top of a few sacks is a statistical miracle, at least from the Ravens perspective.

In a more "normal" season he probably has 4 sacks in a game against Southwestern Directional State A&M and at least one or two in another game such that it would be a talking point but not the major issue it's currently framed as (don't get me wrong, it worried/worries me - that said there's no way he's available at 31 with even middling sack numbers IMHO).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...