Ravens 2021 OTAs & TC

DreamKid

4 hours ago, berlin calling said:

that is, if the oline gels within a week or so of all starters playing together.

This is where i’m at.

In 2019 Lamar showed he could dominate with dogcrap weapons as long as his Oline played at a high level.

Oline declined last year, so did Lamar. Not a coincidence in my mind but fans cried “weapons” all offseason like the oline wasn’t the primary reason why the offense’s production regressed.

I have a good feeling about Brandon Stephens. It sounds like he’s adjusting really well to the defence already.

seems like the logical replacement for Deshon Elliott when he inevitably gets a pay day somewhere else next year. Hopefully Stephens can be that rangy FS we’ve been missing 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

This is where i’m at.

In 2019 Lamar showed he could dominate with dogcrap weapons as long as his Oline played at a high level.

Oline declined last year, so did Lamar. Not a coincidence in my mind but fans cried “weapons” all offseason like the oline wasn’t the primary reason why the offense’s production regressed.

I would add, as a counterpoint, that judging them against 2019 may be a bit unfair, as that was a historically good offense (at least from a points per drive perspective).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, sp6488 said:

I would add, as a counterpoint, that judging them against 2019 may be a bit unfair, as that was a historically good offense (at least from a points per drive perspective).

Yeah - as a whole - of course.

Obviously no other offense (as an entire unit) in Ravens history is likely to play up to 2019 level. But it is 100% possible to have an offensive line that plays better than the 2020 level...and that’s kind of my whole point.

1 hour ago, M.10.E said:

Tough to envision Huntley not being the QB2 since McSorely is missing the rest of the pre-season.

Yea, that's a pretty significant development, IMO. It's Huntley's job to lose now, since I can't imagine Trace had any real lead.

Doesn't sound at this point like the Watkins thing is serious.

9 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

We have joint practices this week with CAR right?

Maybe one of the DBs who isn’t likely to make the team seriously impresses Rhule and we can get a conditional pick out of it

Or they do what the Rams did with Darious Williams and just wait for us to cut this DB when it comes down to Week 1 🙃