Ravens 2021 OTAs & TC

DreamKid

I think Ty’son Williams could very well be RB3 this year.

Only thing giving Justice Hill much - if any - of an advantage is his success as a gunner last year. If they can find a gunner they find as effective I think they roll with Williams

Edited by Ray Reed

36 minutes ago, Ray Reed said:

Only thing giving Justice Hill much - if any - of an advantage is his success as a gunner last year. If they can find a gunner they find as effective I think they roll with Williams

Cya Justice. This team is too deep to have ST only players.

12 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

It's hard to know where the team's mind is at with HBs. Gus was outperformed in the actual preseason games by the other UDFA HBs we signed but must've balled out and shown he could ultimately be a great system fit(like he has become) in the practices as he ended up being the guy to make it/establish himself. 

Also, most teams have a runner flash some ability during the preseason. So sometimes fans can become a little too over protective of guys that pop off the tape. There's little to no chance Ty'son Williams would be poached off of our PS. So I don't think we have to go to any special lengths to secure him as an asset. 

Hill is an interesting case too. Clearly he has a ton of ability as a runner, but he's just not been able to really showcase it yet. Maybe there's an issue with his vision or maybe he's just not a great scheme fit(Maybe it's a combination of both)- either way it's frustrating. We all want him to be that homerun hitter CoP option that adds a massive spark to this offense, it's not clicked yet though. Then you have his STs ability where I think he has legit Pro Bowl potential. He's an absolute demon on our kick coverage units and has flashed ability as a punt rusher too. Based on that alone I think he's safe for 2021 and possibly beyond. Oddly enough Justice is younger than Ty'son too, despite being a couple draft classes ahead of him.

Excited to see how Williams continues to look though. I'm all about the best players making the 53 so let's see who the dog comes out in(example Proche at WR-thus far).

• Like 1

On Proche, I think I(and maybe others) overlooked how he might've been able to replace Snead in the offense. Willie was a comfortable and reliable target for Jackson. So maybe Proche's rise shouldn't be all that shocking, he apparently replicates that role quite well. Similar skillset with crisp routes from the slot, strong hands, good awareness/competitiveness, and an underrated above the rim game(contortion/focus/timing). I probably centered too much on his limitations(blocking, separation, downfield ability, etc) and developed a bit of a blind spot when it came to him fitting in at SWR. 

I do believe he's benefited from all of our injuries at the position though, which none of us saw coming. It's hard to argue that he wouldn't have been squeezed out from a lot of opportunity if we had all of our top options consistently available. The journey isn't complete yet either, we still have to see it in real games. Jaleel Scott had his own hype train redemption saga where he made plays every day and even showed out in the preseason games... it amounted to nothing. Pecking order had a lot to do with that and he didn't even get a real chance to prove himself even after all the praise he drew. That's the nature of the NFL beast though and what Proche will be up against. So let's see how he can close this thing out.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

All the Proche talk, where is Duvernay?! 

He's made plays from what I've seen/read, but like so many other he's dealing with injuries here and there. I think we had like 3 WRs healthy for our last practice with the Panthers, and our offense had 6 or so total picks. 1 for Lamar, 3 for Huntley, and 2 for Kenji Bahar IIRC.