OTA'S

6 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Again, respectfully disagree. First, I think our defense is too good for us to finish in the bottom 10 of the league. Alex Smith as a comparison is pretty bad considering dude pretty much only had one leg. 

I think you are looking at the situation wrong. Again, I don't know how the F.O. is thinking, but I believe that they are high on both Kyle Allen and Taylor Heinicke. They want one of them to be the QBotF. In all scenarios talking to people on here they say we needed to draft a QB. I dont understand, we have 2 QBs, under 30, with potential to become THE guy. 

As for next years draft. If we are picking in the 28-32 range, I don't care about the QBs in the top 10. Pretty sure Aaron Rodgers and Lamar Jackson, two NFL MVPs weren't drafted in the top 10. Not to mention this new wave of big name QBs wanting out. With the talent this roster has, we would absolutely be a desirable destination for a top tier QB.

I think we are looking for another QB. It was reported that we contemplated trading up to get one of those future QB. But the price was to high. So they decided to be patient.  However I do agree they and myself are OK with both Kyle Allen and Taylor Heineken while heck they like Fitz also. They all should be given a chance to start. Since we do not have that all future QB we need to continue to strengthen the OL and let all three  (QB's) whoever it is  just  get the ball in the hands of the play makers and go from there. We have some play makers/weapons. 

My feeling is we will add another QB at some point maybe not this yr. There will be some QB's  available somewhere in the near future.  But in the mean time we some how won the our division, we had a decent draft, we signed some decent FA, we did not give up large amounts of draft capital in this yrs draft. Overall we are fine. I do get it that some want that all future QB hell I would like one but we have 3 QB's let's see what they can do. Sometimes surprises comes when you least expect It.

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nfl-sets-salary-cap-ceiling-201757801.html

NFL sets salary cap ceiling for 2022 and Washington is in great shape

Washington could also take a big swing at one of the top veteran quarterbacks in 2022.

Or they can supplement their roster and pay their own guys and use draft capital to move up. Either way it’s a good place to be with the cap. We won’t be there long if they make a big swing for a vet but with a rookie and a ton of cap they can really keep the key pieces and depth together a lot longer

• Like 2

https://youtu.be/f920Fe-u1J8

44 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

He’s not making the team. Everyone thought we took him too high. Bad pick by Kyle Smith & Bruce.

hate to say this and be that guy but they drafted him way too high bcdeion hyped him up at the combine,  hes a white guy that run an amazing 40, and dieon sanders was in disbelief saying "I cant believe it, i gotta give that man a hug" he was projected 7th-undrafted

Edited by LoganF89

On 5/28/2021 at 9:15 PM, LoganF89 said:

https://youtu.be/f920Fe-u1J8

hate to say this and be that guy but they drafted him way too high bcdeion hyped him up at the combine,  hes a white guy that run an amazing 40, and dieon sanders was in disbelief saying "I cant believe it, i gotta give that man a hug" he was projected 7th-undrafted

I’m a big 10, OSU buckeyes fan. I didn’t even know who he was when we drafted him. I don’t miss too many Big 10 games. We all know, being a great athlete doesn’t make you a great football player. It was a total projection pick and it didn’t work out.

Edited by turtle28

3 hours ago, turtle28 said:

He’s not making the team. Everyone thought we took him too high. Bad pick by Kyle Smith & Bruce.

Agree, but this seems to be the main focus of the draft model we used for this last draft- measurables above game tape.  Rivera has shown he is happy to release players without cause.  So why is apke still on the roster at a crowded position group?  I suspect the only reason apke is still on the roster is he fits the current model of measurables trumping play.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, offbyone said:

Agree, but this seems to be the main focus of the draft model we used for this last draft- measurables above game tape.  Rivera has shown he is happy to release players without cause.  So why is apke still on the roster at a crowded position group?  I suspect the only reason apke is still on the roster is he fits the current model of measurables trumping play.

Nah, the guys we drafted still had good or even great tape. Apke literally had only a few good plays on the high light films that I saw him make and even those he didn’t recognize the route right away but the pass was late and Apke was able to make a play on the ball because he’s fast and had good recovery. If it was a better pass, it would’ve been a TD scored on him, kind of like the Philly game week 1.

@turtle28 it should have been a TD in the Lions game remember that play when WR split double coverage. On the play Young was called for roughing the QB 😞. Game was tied, It was first down with 10 or 12 sec left in the game and they Lions had the ball on their OWN!!!!!!!!!! 30 or 40 yd line I think. Apke allow the Lions WR to get behind him. Stafford was just a bit off on a wide open WR going down the side line. Stuff like this make you want to pull your hair out. LO  Everett had a ad game also. Apke is a long shot to make the team.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 4209 said:

@turtle28 it should have been a TD in the Lions game remember that play when WR split double coverage. On the play Young was called for roughing the QB 😞. Game was tied, It was first down with 10 or 12 sec left in the game and they Lions had the ball on their OWN!!!!!!!!!! 30 or 40 yd line I think. Apke allow the Lions WR to get behind him. Stafford was just a bit off on a wide open WR going down the side line. Stuff like this make you want to pull your hair out. LO  Everett had a ad game also. Apke is a long shot to make the team.

Forrest is taking Apkes job. They are trying him at CB because after Fuller Williams Mo and St there’s possibly a spot. And I’d say he’s a serious long shot for it. But it’s his best chance because he is a good teams player.

• Like 2