Texans sign RB Rex Burkhead

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

My guess is that Ingram is cut in camp and its Johnson/Lindsay/Burkhead

I actually see the Texans carrying four RBs on roster - Ingram and Lindsay get the majority of snaps/carries, Johnson plays the 3rd down role and Burkhead is the ST guy who can get carries in a pinch. Nobody here will get 300+ carries by design, it's a true RBBC.

Buddy Howell is probably gone with this move - pretty much a ST guy who got about 5-10 touches a year. 

7 hours ago, ET80 said:

#PatriotsSouth

We'll finally get an answer to the question "what would the Patriots without Brady and Belicheck look like..."

(0-17 - they look like they're 0-17).

What's the spin when the Texans win more games this season than the Patriots?

2 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

Not spin exactly, but I imagine the headlines will mostly focus on the plane crash that wiped out half the Pats’ roster.

Sounds like a headline that would already be used up after the trash we saw this last year out of New England. 

Luckily Big Mac is here to save Belichick from the criticism he deserves.

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

What's the spin when the Texans win more games this season than the Patriots?

Hard to win less than zero. Because the Texans are going 0-17.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

It didn't work for Detroit, why are Houston copying the model of hiring ex-pats? 

Remember, Detroit copied Houston to begin with - bring in a New England decision maker, then bring in ex-Patriots (Bill O'Brien bringing in guys like Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer, Vince Wilfork, etc).

Not only did it fail in Houston... they're quadding down on it with this Caserio hire along with about 18 former Patriots on the roster. The best part is when Cal McNair said "we're not trying to be Patriots South" during the Caserio press conference. Coulda fooled me, Tommy Boy McNair... Coulda fooled me.

I guess next year I should prepare for Cam Newton and N'Keal Harry...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Remember, Detroit copied Houston to begin with - bring in a New England decision maker, then bring in ex-Patriots (Bill O'Brien bringing in guys like Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer, Vince Wilfork, etc).

Not only did it fail in Houston... they're quadding down on it with this Caserio hire along with about 18 former Patriots on the roster. The best part is when Cal McNair said "we're not trying to be Patriots South" during the Caserio press conference. Coulda fooled me, Tommy Boy McNair... Coulda fooled me.

I guess next year I should prepare for Cam Newton and N'Keal Harry...

Oh No Football GIF by Nickelodeon

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

on a serious note,  nothing new on deshaun other than he still doesnt want to be here and he posted some workout videos on his social media. its just a matter of when he gets dealt once all this legal stuff is resolved. 

Any mention about his legal issues having any impact on his guarantees? I have to think some local beater writer has looked in to whether or not this legal issue can lead to ramifications on whether or not the Texans have a right to remove the guaranteed portion from the deal due to detriment to the image of the organization?

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

Any mention about his legal issues having any impact on his guarantees? I have to think some local beater writer has looked in to whether or not this legal issue can lead to ramifications on whether or not the Texans have a right to remove the guaranteed portion from the deal due to detriment to the image of the organization?

I think they do if/when he's suspended by the league:

I'm still trying to determine what the impact is on the Texans cap... Nobody seems to know that.

• Like 1