Why hasn't the Dallas Cowboys get over the hump for the past 25 years?

Championshiporbust

On 6/9/2021 at 1:46 PM, The Third Rider said:

To me its like any other corporation. It's poor leadership and also not being lucky enough to land a elite QB, although they have had good ones just not enough to carry their teams to championships like Brady, Manning etc.

I mean, Romo and Dak are pretty dang good QB’s… I think Romo will go down as one of the most underrated ever in my opinion. He constantly floated/flirted around 7th best in the league. 

The problem here is Jerry Jones always hiring “meh” Head Coaches. McCarthy will be another meh hire. 

16 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

That itself is a hot take. On balance, I will take it as a compliment. 

I am curious, were you referring to the Roger vs Romo comment or the Jerry's toys comment?

Romo and Danny both being better than Roger. I like Romo and used to defend him when people gave him too much blame for the Cowboys’ failures. I just didn’t know anyone thought he was on that level.

On 6/1/2021 at 11:00 PM, Championshiporbust said:

They haven't won a Super Bowl in 25 years, they usually have the most expensive contracts year after year, get primetime games every single Sunday, but show nothing for it. Is it Jerry Jones, their defense, their ideology, what is it? 

Combination of poor cap management by Jerry Jones and hiring nothing but old school football minds instead of new up and coming ones. And it's not the names, because they did hire Gailey from Pittsburgh as a hope for that, but since Gailey's hire, it's been an interim DC promotion, praying Parcells had something left, praying Wade Phillips had something left and then going with Jason Garrett. Mike McCarthy didn't really get a fair shot last year with Dak hurt, so maybe he's the answer, but I'm not holding my breath.