2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

2 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Seen this and instantly thought there needed to be a thread. This is groundbreaking right here. Bigger than any Julio news.

As athletic as our DBs are, we ought to be able to cover WRs without enormous cushions on third and short.

• Like 1

Just now, Daniel said:

As athletic as our DBs are, we ought to be able to cover WRs without enormous cushions on third and short.

You would think. Let’s see if Vrabel and his lackey have the smarts to actually pull it off and let the DBs do it. No reason not to be playing press damn near every play. I want to see much more press man coverage and a hell of a lot less soft zone coverage that never works. Obviously you have to mix and match coverages and zone definitely has its place but there’s nothing like an aggressive press man team that actually allows the pass-rushers to get after the QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

You would think. Let’s see if Vrabel and his lackey have the smarts to actually pull it off and let the DBs do it. No reason not to be playing press damn near every play. I want to see much more press man coverage and a hell of a lot less soft zone coverage that never works. Obviously you have to mix and match coverages and zone definitely has its place but there’s nothing like an aggressive press man team that actually allows the pass-rushers to get after the QB. 

If there has been one single thing on this defense more frustrating to watch than this, I don't know what it is.

1 minute ago, Daniel said:

If there has been one single thing on this defense more frustrating to watch than this, I don't know what it is.

Yep. It’s horrible to watch any offense carve up the defense like it’s nothing. Sit back 5-10 yards every damn play, any QB can beat that. How many times was it 3rd and short and the DBs were lined up 5 yards off the receiver? Should be in there damn face every play. Assuming health this year, no reason why we shouldn’t be able to match up with big receivers and even fast receivers. You have good size with Fulton and Farley. You have speed with Farley, Fulton, and I still think Jenkins has some good speed(has to at least be as fast as Butler). Molden doesn’t have the size and isn’t a speedy guy but he’s the only natural nickel CB on the team. Love the way he plays.

2 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Stating the obvious but YES!!!

It’s sad that something so obvious would bring me so much excitement but here we are.

Ideally the combined minds of Vrabel, Schwartz and Haslett plus the added talent would be enough for Bowen and this defense to turn it, but we’ll see.

Elijah Molden and Brady Breeze are longtime friends, Rashad Weaver already knows Bud Dupree, and Monty Rice grew up a Titans fan.

Things like this make me feel better and better about the draft. Guys who already know each other or love the team are probably safer bets.

18 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Seen this and instantly thought there needed to be a thread. This is groundbreaking right here. Bigger than any Julio news.

I never understood why fans were mad at this.. i know it was frustrating but would you rather the likes of chris jackson and johnathan joseph play up on WR's they couldnt run with and get burnt over the top for long touchdowns? they played malcom in press quite a bite to my knowledge cuz he could handle his own..

55 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

I never understood why fans were mad at this.. i know it was frustrating but would you rather the likes of chris jackson and johnathan joseph play up on WR's they couldnt run with and get burnt over the top for long touchdowns? they played malcom in press quite a bite to my knowledge cuz he could handle his own..

I would assume you generally don’t put your barely rosterables in that situation, no.

But if we were that depleted at the position, yes, I would rather not give a 5 yard cushion on 3rd and 3 when you have one of the best safeties to play as a single high guy than give said cushion and trust those barely rosterables to tackle a WR they can’t run with who has a 5 yard head start for “only” a first down.