2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

aye, yall ever give the thought of Blasingame being at TE? dude seemed very versatile in 19 when we first got him. caught a couple of passes out of the back field on routes down the field. was disappointed they didnt use him more in the pass game. think he was a rb at vanderbilt and swithced to FB in the pros. I like the Tory Carter kid from LSU we picked up as an UDFA. He's a true fullback and absolutely WRECKS dudes in the run game.. great special teamer as well. just a thought.

this might sound silly given that we just added Julio, but I consider Darrynton Evans as the 'x factor' of this offense. Even with Julio, this team needs true speed. Evans is the only guy that brings legit track speed to the offense and I really hope he can take hold of the #2 RB spot and give us ~15 snaps a game. We need that type of dynamic addition to the backfield

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

this might sound silly given that we just added Julio, but I consider Darrynton Evans as the 'x factor' of this offense. Even with Julio, this team needs true speed. Evans is the only guy that brings legit track speed to the offense and I really hope he can take hold of the #2 RB spot and give us ~15 snaps a game. We need that type of dynamic addition to the backfield

Meh, Henry has track speed. I’d be willing to bet Henry would beat Evans in a long race. I’m assuming you meant stop and start type speed though. 

26 minutes ago, deeluxx3 said:

Yes!!!! I mentioned it the other day in the other thread 

On 6/8/2021 at 5:07 PM, TitanSlim said:

I’m with you. We didn’t just add a good WR, we added a top 7 guy to the offense. It lightens the load for the whole offense. I think the hidden gem offensively could be Darrynton Evans. Injuries really derailed his rookie year but I like him as a change of pace back/offensive weapon for us.

With so much deserved attention to Henry, AJ and Julio, I think he’s going to breakout as an offensive weapon for us. I saw our RB coach mentioned he sent him Nyheim Hines (among other RBs) tape for him to study and I think that would be the ideal role for him with us.

Edited by TitanSlim

10 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

meh, henry has game speed. evans ran a 4.41 40 and has been clocked in the 4.3's.. henry ran a 4.5 40...

Which is a 40 yard dash. If you know anything about running track you’d know that it means nothing when compared with longer distances. I agree that Evans gets up to speed faster than Henry, but I am willing to bet that Henry is faster on the top end. 

51 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Really banking on him being able to beat out Kendall Lamm for the RT job.

I assume Radunz will win the job pretty easily.  He's a great player, and was a good grab where we got him, but I wish we'd handled that position better in free agency.

27 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I assume Radunz will win the job pretty easily.  He's a great player, and was a good grab where we got him, but I wish we'd handled that position better in free agency.

I’d feel so much more comfortable if we’d just kept Kelly. He’s not great, not even good really, but we’ve proven that you can easily get away with him as your worst linemen and wouldn’t have forced our hand on starting the rookie Day 1.

4 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Interesting.

I actually am a fan of giving guys like Adam Coon and this guy a chance as 89/90 guys on the roster. Might luck out with a slight chance of finding a hidden gem there.

He’s 6’7 240! With the 16 man practice squad looks like we’re taking chances on guys with potential.

Edited by 615finest