2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

On 7/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Be surprised if Dupree is even ready by week 1 which is why Houston or Ingram need to be Titans like now.

Agreed completely. Dupree needs to take his time. Be a situational pass-rusher until later in the season and go all out for the playoffs. Ingram or Houston would make this so much easier to handle.

On 7/8/2021 at 7:02 PM, ttitansfan4life said:

Definitely going to be a lot of guys getting a lot of “rest” throughout TC. Doubt we’ll see much of Dupree or Lewan at all. Be surprised if Dupree is even ready by week 1 which is why Houston or Ingram need to be Titans like now.

i REALLY wish yall would let this dream go mane.. They are not bringing those guys in unless there is an injury most likely. I think it actually bodes well for dupree and his injury status that they havennt brought anyone in. Likely means, they feel good about his prognosis. then again, they likely have been feeling good about that since they did give him 85m's.... I think lewan and dupree both will be out there week 1 and for training camp. they both are roughly 8 months post surgery so they should be good enough to at least hit the field.

different people obviously but simmons tore his ACL in feburary of 19 and was back on the field in october. Conklin tore his in January of 18 and was back in training camp i believe. Now, he took a little longer to completely get back to form, but he was at least able to be back on the field in less than 9 months which is why i think lewan and dupree should at least be able to do the same.

Edited by Airness McNairness

On 7/9/2021 at 11:01 PM, Titans fan 617 said:

Rumor is he was talking about Carr and the Raiders 

rumor has since come out that it wasnt carr... Wouldnt be suprised at all if it was Tanny.. actually i hope it was and that it gets out that it was, to the media. If it does? Tanny for MVP

23 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

i REALLY wish yall would let this dream go mane.. They are not bringing those guys in unless there is an injury most likely.

Let me guess, your “sources” told you again? I hope it’s the same one that said we weren’t getting Julio.

If you’re banking on Landry and Dupree(who is coming off a serious injury) a 4th round rookie in Weaver(who has pending charges potentially), then you’re begging for another year of a worthless pass-rush. There is absolutely no depth whatsoever.

Edited by ttitansfan4life

3 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Let me guess, your “sources” told you again? I hope it’s the same one that said we weren’t getting Julio.

If you’re banking on Landry and Dupree(who is coming off a serious injury) a 4th round rookie in Weaver(who has pending charges potentially), then you’re begging for another year of a worthless pass-rush. There is absolutely no depth whatsoever.

lol.... i think they are banking on that.. you realize that training camp is in two weeks and we havent signed those guys right? you speak so like a fan.. those coaches know what they have on the team.. if they felt they needed those guys, trust me, they wouldve made the moves.. you only want those guys cuz you recognize the names.. they are washed bruh.. there's a reason they are still FA and not on a training camp roster..

they know the prognosis on dupree's knee, they know what they have in the other players.. they tried the one year quick fix/vet addition(cam wake) didnt work. im almost certain they just wanna run with young guys and develop them. they have enough depth. weaver is pro ready and is good as the 3rd guy.. roberson.,the guy from the steelers, and those other guys will fight it out for the 4th OLB spot. we only run 3 OLB's on gameday anyway.

43 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

lol.... i think they are banking on that.. you realize that training camp is in two weeks and we havent signed those guys right? you speak so like a fan.. those coaches know what they have on the team.. if they felt they needed those guys, trust me, they wouldve made the moves.. you only want those guys cuz you recognize the names.. they are washed bruh.. there's a reason they are still FA and not on a training camp roster..

they know the prognosis on dupree's knee, they know what they have in the other players.. they tried the one year quick fix/vet addition(cam wake) didnt work. im almost certain they just wanna run with young guys and develop them. they have enough depth. weaver is pro ready and is good as the 3rd guy.. roberson.,the guy from the steelers, and those other guys will fight it out for the 4th OLB spot. we only run 3 OLB's on gameday anyway.

I see this guy ate his crow and then reverted back to the mega cringe posts like this one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

You do realize there’s still a good amount of vets out there in free agency right? And I’m not talking about complete trash. Are Houston and Ingram the players they used to be? Absolutely not. But I’m taking them over Weaver right now, a bum like Roberson, and the other trash you mentioned. The guy from the Steelers is more if less a special teams guy. A lot of these vets do wait until TC starts or even after final cuts are made to sign with a team. That happens every year…. Also forgive me for not trusting Robinson or Vrabel with their decisions on pass-rushers. I forgot how amazing their track record is… Dupree tore his ACL in early December. It’s a 9-12 month recovery. 9 months is basically opening day if you’re lucky. If he’s not ready or just be smart and don’t rush him, I’d much rather have someone like Houston or Ingram out there with Landry as opposed to Weaver. You brought up Wake and he should’ve never been brought in to start outside of a game or 2. Adding a vet pass-rusher definitely helps this team this season and is badly needed. Also stop with the “holier than thou” posts. “Speaking like a fan”Yes I’m a fan, not an expert and neither are you(clearly). 

Edited by ttitansfan4life

7 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

you realize that training camp is in two weeks and we havent signed those guys right?

of course, we would never sign a veteran FA edge rusher to a contract after training camp. we certainly didn't do anything of that nature as recently as last season!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

of course, we would never sign a veteran FA edge rusher to a contract after training camp. we certainly didn't do anything of that nature as recently as last season!

I assume they’re waiting on cuts. There are a few vets out there, and other teams aren’t clamoring to sign them, so I get waiting.

But I really wish they would make the moves early so they can start work sooner.

I feel pretty confident that we won’t go into the season with just what we have at Edge.

9 hours ago, Daniel said:

I assume they’re waiting on cuts. There are a few vets out there, and other teams aren’t clamoring to sign them, so I get waiting.

But I really wish they would make the moves early so they can start work sooner.

I feel pretty confident that we won’t go into the season with just what we have at Edge.

bro they are not waiting on cuts.. they like what they have.. i dont understand why yall cant understand that.. 99% of teams have the roster they want well before training camp. they likely have it during OTA's.. they have they guys they WANT early so they can get indoctrinated and oriented to the team and system WELL before training camp. exceptions like clowney rarely happen.. teams arent gonna identify that they need an edge in the spring and not sign an edge before going into training camp, just to sign him right before or during training camp.. that makes no sense, unless of course theres an injury, which obviously is a different situation.

17 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

You do realize there’s still a good amount of vets out there in free agency right? And I’m not talking about complete trash. Are Houston and Ingram the players they used to be? Absolutely not. But I’m taking them over Weaver right now, a bum like Roberson, and the other trash you mentioned. The guy from the Steelers is more if less a special teams guy. A lot of these vets do wait until TC starts or even after final cuts are made to sign with a team. That happens every year…. Also forgive me for not trusting Robinson or Vrabel with their decisions on pass-rushers. I forgot how amazing their track record is… Dupree tore his ACL in early December. It’s a 9-12 month recovery. 9 months is basically opening day if you’re lucky. If he’s not ready or just be smart and don’t rush him, I’d much rather have someone like Houston or Ingram out there with Landry as opposed to Weaver. You brought up Wake and he should’ve never been brought in to start outside of a game or 2. Adding a vet pass-rusher definitely helps this team this season and is badly needed. Also stop with the “holier than thou” posts. “Speaking like a fan”Yes I’m a fan, not an expert and neither are you(clearly). 

this just shows how much you DONT know football or actually watch or study film.. you're a FAN with limited knowledge. i know A TON of titans fans that watch film and actually know football outside of clamoring for players they only want because they recognize a name. THOSE DUDES ARE WASHED UP. I much rather would have a young talented rookie like weaver than washed up vets. you ever wonder why a 33 year old janoris jenkins was signed during the hot period of FA and guys like Vaccaro, Kelly, ingram, houston, casey, etc arent signed. because teams know they are vets that are washed, who likely will only be signed if there is an injury, while Jenkins has shown he still can play at a high level, and yes the guy from the steelers is a special teams guy, but guess what your 4th pass rusher normally is... wait for it...... A SPECIAL TEAMS GUY... geesh man.. i tried to share with yall the film content from the "no flags film" youtube page that explains all of this and more, but i doubt you took the time to become a more knowledgeable fan.. just stil thinking the NFL works like Madden.. smh