2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Corey Davis 91

Ryan Tannehill 83

Jeffrey Simmons 78

AJ Brown 62

Could we still see 2 new Titans on the list? Dupree and Julio?

CMC played like 2 games and he’s on the list so Julio should be on the list too

Hell throw lewan in there then lol

Also Aj at 62... Lol

wouldnt be the least bit suprised if our top 3 corners to start the year are fulton/rabbit/jackson.. Vrabel commented on how they havent worked fulton at all at the nickel this camp and really want to seem him play the outside in joint practices this week. Im very intrigued with the improvement jackson has shown and he seems to have the nickel back job on lock. I like the fact that this team is bringing along the rookies slowly, which is to be expected on a veteran, super bowl ready team.

8 minutes ago, Airness McNairness said:

wouldnt be the least bit suprised if our top 3 corners to start the year are fulton/rabbit/jackson.. Vrabel commented on how they havent worked fulton at all at the nickel this camp and really want to seem him play the outside in joint practices this week. Im very intrigued with the improvement jackson has shown and he seems to have the nickel back job on lock. I like the fact that this team is bringing along the rookies slowly, which is to be expected on a veteran, super bowl ready team.

I seen someone else write that on Twitter 

My only question is why isn’t Borders considered for the outside job if Fulton is probably going to be the buckle guy once Farley takes over this year anyway?

Im fine with Jackson if he has to start at nickel though

I said it a few times last year but Jackson got a lot of run early in the season last year due to injuries and Covid so I always said he was going benefit a ton in year 2 because of how much he played 

17 hours ago, -Hope- said:

i think you're reading too much into it. idk why anyone would enjoy seeing someone we traded up for in the 4th round struggle this badly

Ok.  cool. lol

Didn't know if I missed the page or two of the forum saying "to hell with Fitzpatrick."

I know for me, it's all about the plus or minus. Meaning, I don't care if it's an 1st round pick or an 5th round pick, as long as it balances out.  If we whiff on the 4th round pick but add someone like Marcus Johnson then it works out. 
Yeah it sucks to have a draft pick not work out and miss out on someone that we would have wanted (Drafting Zach Brown  over Lavonte David). 

In my mind, if we come of this season with more good WRs than we started with, I'm ok. 

Still in the process of catching up on Fridays game 

Seen Roberson played but as of yet I havnt noticed him do a whole lot

Is he on the bubble to make this team?

Off the top of my head we have Dupree Landry Weaver and Simon who are probably the locks to make the team

So is it down to Ray and Roberson?

Roberson better start to show up soon IMO because he could be on the outs especially if someone gets released off another roster and the Titans like him more 

I was gonna ask if anyone was worried about the Safety depth

Titans seem to sign anyone that plays Safety lately 

Brees got hurt Sunday

Cruikshank missed a lot of time last year and didn’t play Saturday 

I know Molden will play some Safety 

Just curious if anyone else is a little concerned about the depth 

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Brees got hurt Sunday

Nah. Both Jackson and Molden play a little safety, and our starting two are top notch players. Breeze probably had an uphill battle to make the roster already, and Cruikshank has never been much. Farley and Thompson are probably the next best two on the roster, but they have a lot of options.

32 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Brees got hurt Sunday

Byard plays basically 100% of the snaps. So unless he gets hurt, I don't see an issue. If he does, our back end is screwed regardless lol. He has to step up his game from last year though. Hooker and Farley (and possibly one other guy) should be able to handle the rest of the snaps. 

13 hours ago, KingTitan said:

I don't think Simon is a lock. I can see him cut. But I think Roberson looks better than Ray. I saw Roberson make a play or two Friday. 

i think simon is a lock based on his past with vrabel and his solid all around game.. he's a steady pro.. and what plays did roberson make cause i didnt see any.. meanwhile Ray had 7 tackles 1.5 sacks... while roberson had 1 tackle and 1 qb hit based on the box score. i think he is the odd man out.. he literally has done nothing.. the last 18 months or so.

Edited by Airness McNairness

12 hours ago, Daniel said:

Nah. Both Jackson and Molden play a little safety, and our starting two are top notch players. Breeze probably had an uphill battle to make the roster already, and Cruikshank has never been much. Farley and Thompson are probably the next best two on the roster, but they have a lot of options.

Where are yall getting this chris jackson can play safety non sense? I dont think he has EVER played safety.. college or pro.. the guy is like 175 pounds and skinny as hell.. i know molden did in college, but two seconds looking at jackson's body type and you can see that he isnt a safety.. he's got that nickel back spot on lock tho.

1 hour ago, Airness McNairness said:

Where are yall getting this chris jackson can play safety non sense? I dont think he has EVER played safety.. college or pro.. the guy is like 175 pounds and skinny as hell.. i know molden did in college, but two seconds looking at jackson's body type and you can see that he isnt a safety.. he's got that nickel back spot on lock tho.

From the team listing him as a corner/safety for pretty much the entire year last year, from them naming him as a “defensive back” when he was drafted, etc.