2021 Titans OTA/TC/Preseason Thread

6 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

im just here to watch all the "what is vrabel doing keeping bowen?!" "why is schwartz not our dc?" "the defense is gonna suck again under bowen" gloat over how well the defense seemingly has improved.... again, its like the football people actually knew what they were doing when they set off to improve the defense.. who would've thunk it.

I wasn’t aware we’re mid season and actually seen results. Please don’t tell me you’re using a preseason game against 8th stringers and training camp practices to come to the conclusion that the defense is so much improved because as far as I’m concerned, that’s still a ways from being seen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

im just here to watch all the "what is vrabel doing keeping bowen?!" "why is schwartz not our dc?" "the defense is gonna suck again under bowen" gloat over how well the defense seemingly has improved.... again, its like the football people actually knew what they were doing when they set off to improve the defense.. who would've thunk it.

man, i was really thinking we could expect to see some defensive improvement this year, but given your track record to this point, now i think we're going to be terrible

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

I wasn’t aware we’re mid season and actually seen results. Please don’t tell me you’re using a preseason game against 8th stringers and training camp practices to come to the conclusion that the defense is so much improved because as far as I’m concerned, that’s still a ways from being seen.

I think we can come to the conclusion that the defense is improved almost by default.

I mean, there is a floor.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

On another note, Chester Rogers and Marcus Johnson have made themselves borderline locks with their performance this offseason/training camp.

I'm tellin ya! You gotta watch out for Chester Rogers. I think he's another Clipboard Jesus just waiting to tap dance his way into our hearts. #welcometotheTitans

11 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

On another note, Chester Rogers and Marcus Johnson have made themselves borderline locks with their performance this offseason/training camp.

Just want to say this... Not so much I told ya'll but kind of a I told ya'll... lol

When we weren't going out to sign JuJu to $50 milly contracts, I said I think the Titans WR isn't as bad as people think. Rogers and Johnson both have some nice experience.
Not saying they were going to be the next coming of Art Monk and company, but they weren't scrubs. 

We shall see if they can do some of this positive stuff in the season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daniel said:

I think we can come to the conclusion that the defense is improved almost by default.

I feel the same. They couldn't be much worst than they were. Given the changes I couldn't see them doing anything but improve even if marginally. 

12 hours ago, ttitansfan4life said:

shows how much you know...... I actually am using training camp practices as are most educated fans are doing.. its not 100% until the games, but 17 INT'S in 14 training camp practices is great.. the reserves who we had questions about (tart, murchison, etc) are all performing great in practice and it translated well in pre season game 1. Hooker has been making plays since day one, Byard seems to be back, and oh yeah, this is being done largely without Bud Dupree, Autry and Simmons. everyone around the titans that actually KNOWS football continues to report that the defense looks much improved and should have everyone excited.. so yea..... eat it.

11 hours ago, -Hope- said:

man, i was really thinking we could expect to see some defensive improvement this year, but given your track record to this point, now i think we're going to be terrible

smh... wow you're still on that.. i can name numerous usernames in the forum that have gotten things way more wrong way more often that i did, but ok... keep being in the dark.. thats popular in this forum.

11 hours ago, Daniel said:

no way... i dont wanna hear that.. especially from the vrabel/bowen haters.. thats weak as hell... folks criticized them all off season, the defense looks to be on the way to being a very improved unit but all they get is "well the defense couldnt be worse so it had to improve." thats BS.. the defense could have stayed the same and been just as bad. look at the perennial crappy teams in the league with bad coaches.. they stay bad.. they dont just get good just because they couldnt be anyworse.. look at the 16-18 browns for  example.. bad coaching continues to yield bad results.. good coaching (which we have) shows improve.. so give credit where it seems its due.. to the staff and the GM.. cause a lot of yall are quick with the criticism but slow with the praise..

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Tracking stats in training camp and preseason to try and prove something…

Dr Steve Brule K GIF

again.. not stats.. but actual observations from those that are there.. doubt you'd know, but plenty of tampa bay's media people noted how impressed they were with farley, murchison, and jayon.. two of those three names have been making plays all titans camp also so i would think they've been pretty consistent, but hey, what do i know..

2 hours ago, Airness McNairness said:

again.. not stats.. but actual observations from those that are there.. doubt you'd know, but plenty of tampa bay's media people noted how impressed they were with farley, murchison, and jayon.. two of those three names have been making plays all titans camp also so i would think they've been pretty consistent, but hey, what do i know..

i mean, not much

• Like 3