Will Mac Jones be the Week 1 starter for the Patriots?

DoleINGout

Week 1 QB Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will rookie Mac Jones be named the starting QB for the first regular season game in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2021 at 11:59 PM

The issue with the Bears is that Matt Nagy is an idiot whose scheme forces Fields to hold the ball too long, as is evidenced by the fact that Fields leads the league in average air yards per completion but is completing under 60% of his passes and taking more sacks than anyone. The Bears' OL might not be as bad as the stats indicate, but Nagy is 100% making both them and Fields look worse.

• 1 month later...

through 16 games, McCorkle's ranks among all-time rookie QB seasons (minimum 350 attempts):

Attempts: 14th
Completions: 8th
CMP%: 2nd
Yards: 11th
TD Passes: t9th
TD%: 8th
INT%: 7th
Passer RTG: 4th

not bad

Edited by Apparition

22 minutes ago, SBLIII said:

Mac could set himself up for a 2021 Burrow like season if we give him a #1 WR

I don't think the composition of the WR corps has been an impediment to his success this year. Signing a guy like Mike Williams or Christian Kirk would certainly be helpful, but I think the team is probably going to focus on the growth of guys like Jonnu and KB from year 1 to year 2 in the system. 

1 minute ago, Apparition said:

I don't think the composition of the WR corps has been an impediment to his success this year. Signing a guy like Mike Williams or Christian Kirk would certainly be helpful, but I think the team is probably going to focus on the growth of guys like Jonnu and KB from year 1 to year 2 in the system. 

Mike Williams would make this a lethal, top 5 offense.

1 hour ago, scottishpatriot said:

Are we not believers in Wilkinson?

There's a joke somewhere in there about him becoming our sharpest downfield weapon but I don't want to mention anyone's sword on the internet. 

I'm actually a big believer that Kendrick Bourne can eventually become an Antonio Brown-type receiver (minus the insanity), but I can fully understand if that's not a bet everyone is willing to make. 

But it would also not surprise me if the coaching staff shares my view and thus doesn't bother making a big investment in the WR position next year. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Apparition said:

I'm actually a big believer that Kendrick Bourne can eventually become an Antonio Brown-type receiver (minus the insanity)

I've been very impressed with Bourne but that would be next level performance. Brown was easily a top 10 WR in the league at his height. 

I still think for Mac to really take a jump he will need a burner, yac monster type WR .. not necessarily a traditional #1 guy but someone how has a chance of taking a screen 50+ yards. All of the WR's on this team are quick but will get run down by teams secondaries. 

I agree that a large part of the offseason will surround making sure Jonnu has a major step up in production year 2 though. 

IMO the Pats need an elite WR, currently they don't have one and I don't see Bourne becoming one in the future. He's a good WR.

Look at the team that have powerful offensive.

GB = Adams

KC= Hill

Bill = Diggs

Minn = Jefferson

Miami= Waddle

Cinci = Ja'Marr Chase

Dallas = Cee Dee Lamb

There's other as well.

You want to see Bourne and the others game improve, add a dynamic WR. Today's NFL games is built for the passing game. No matter how good your defense is you still need to put up points.  Bourne covered by the 2nd CB... know your talking.

The reason the Bill were successful with the out routes against the Pats is becasue they had the shift their defense to stop Diggs from the big plays which the  Pats currently lack.

PS Now do I see the Pats drafting one.. no, I would be shocked.

Edited by m haynes
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

IMO the Pats need an elite WR, currently they don't have one and I don't see Bourne becoming one in the future. He's a good WR.

Look at the team that have powerful offensive.

GB = Adams

KC= Hill

Bill = Diggs

Minn = Jefferson

Miami= Waddle

Cinci = Ja'Marr Chase

Dallas = Cee Dee Lamb

There's other as well.

You want to see Bourne and the others game improve, add a dynamic WR. Today's NFL games is built for the passing game. No matter how good your defense is you still need to put up points.  Bourne covered by the 2nd CB... know your talking.

The reason the Bill were successful with the out routes against the Pats is becasue they had the shift their defense to stop Diggs from the big plays which the  Pats currently lack.

PS Now do I see the Pats drafting one.. no, I would be shocked.

Exactly M,

I'm seeing people say we just need to develop what we have, or wait for X and Y to step up and it should be alright. I call BS. 

Nearly every team in the playoffs has a very scary WR. Our number 1 WR is a converted QB who can't buy a TD.

Tyreek Hill, Steffon Diggs, Jamar Chase, Keenan Allen, AJ Brown....these kind of players is what we are routinely up against. We don't give other teams that problem. Yes we have a good running game, but so do a lot of the teams who have a great WR AS WELL. 

We went to the pool once to get one recently in the draft, and failed (in Harry). So we are 0-1 on attempts since Aaron Dobson (?). Try again! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Exactly M,

I'm seeing people say we just need to develop what we have, or wait for X and Y to step up and it should be alright. I call BS. 

Nearly every team in the playoffs has a very scary WR. Our number 1 WR is a converted QB who can't buy a TD.

Tyreek Hill, Steffon Diggs, Jamar Chase, Keenan Allen, AJ Brown....these kind of players is what we are routinely up against. We don't give other teams that problem. Yes we have a good running game, but so do a lot of the teams who have a great WR AS WELL. 

We went to the pool once to get one recently in the draft, and failed (in Harry). So we are 0-1 on attempts since Aaron Dobson (?). Try again! 

Exactly I couldn't of said it better. Just think how deadly Mac would be if we could open up the defense. Mac accuracy and patience,  over the middle would be so much more deadly. Just think what Macs numbers would be if he had the space Allen had when we last played the Bills.

3 hours ago, m haynes said:

Exactly I couldn't of said it better. Just think how deadly Mac would be if we could open up the defense. Mac accuracy and patience,  over the middle would be so much more deadly. Just think what Macs numbers would be if he had the space Allen had when we last played the Bills.

Nobody could beat man coverage against the Bills. If we have one player who will scare defenses it will be a top 5 offense. I would move off Agholor if we could and add a true #1 WR. Bourne and Meyers as the other 2 starters are fine.

• Like 1