Will Mac Jones be the Week 1 starter for the Patriots?

DoleINGout

Week 1 QB Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will rookie Mac Jones be named the starting QB for the first regular season game in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2021 at 11:59 PM

I wouldn't call that 100% on Meyers.  Looked pretty contested, slightly under-thrown, Meyers having to go over the top of a defender, hands on him, and a defender who made a pretty good mid-air strip.  

I'll say Cam has looked better than last year and he's not defaulting to rushing, but it's pre-season which is why I say he's on a short leash.  I'm in TN so getting out of market games is a pain in the tail, so I miss a lot of them and get stuck with stats & highlight rubbish.

1 minute ago, Deadpulse said:

I know it's been said before, but I dont think we have seen any semblance of the offense Cam will be running in the regular season. 

Yep.

I'm open and eager to seeing what we have in Mac as anyone else is.

But Cam needs a due chance first. Especially after what he worked with last season.

1 hour ago, IheartMyV8 said:

I wouldn't call that 100% on Meyers.  Looked pretty contested, slightly under-thrown, Meyers having to go over the top of a defender

That's how the play is designed. It's meant to be thrown over the top of the defender, and Meyers just fails to properly grasp it. 

6 hours ago, Nex_Gen said:

But Cam needs a due chance first. Especially after what he worked with last season.

If Bill really think Cam gives him the best chance to win Cam should probably start.  That's fine.  But Cam shouldn't be starting because its his team or because he deserves a fair chance or was here first or whatever.  There shouldn't be any incumbency edge here from the same coach who ran Tom ******* Brady out of town a year ago.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

TE alone makes it above average. the pass catchers at RB boost the average because they are all above average at their position. the WR's alone are average.

TE room may be best in the league.

I still honestly think we have a bottom 3 WR unit, but as you say with OL, TE, RB - overall it absolute should be an above average Offense. Let's see how the QB can unlock it

11 hours ago, mission27 said:

If Bill really think Cam gives him the best chance to win Cam should probably start.  That's fine.  But Cam shouldn't be starting because its his team or because he deserves a fair chance or was here first or whatever.  There shouldn't be any incumbency edge here from the same coach who ran Tom ******* Brady out of town a year ago.  

I'm starting to consider that they think Mac gives us the best chance. In which case, he will start if BB is a man of his word. 

I do get the sense he has loyalty toward Cam though. Not sure why, his loyalty is usually to the team's performance only

13 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

TE alone makes it above average. the pass catchers at RB boost the average because they are all above average at their position. the WR's alone are average.

The WRs are definitely not average.