Will Mac Jones be the Week 1 starter for the Patriots?

DoleINGout

Week 1 QB Poll  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will rookie Mac Jones be named the starting QB for the first regular season game in 2021?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/06/2021 at 11:59 PM

7 minutes ago, The Third Rider said:

He's had like, 2 months with the playbook at most. Not surprising at all that he is still behind. 

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, DoleINGout said:

Do we have anyone changing their prediction?

I even went as far as a small wager of my British pounds on Mac as OROY. 

Jets gonna Jet, Urban gonna flame and I don't think the other rookies will start sooner than him. 

Harris and Pitts maybe a threat. 

• Like 1

Objectively I don't think Cam gives us a better chance to win.

But going back to 01 Bledsoe also started despite having the worse camp due to inexperienced Brady. 

Cam doesn't have that contract but I believe BB likes him. 

But I also think Cam is going to get a heavy workload today and if he can't match Mac, Belichick might be forced to start Mac.

Right still a slight lean towards Cam but if he doesn't look as good today and during the game, I could absolutely see Mac as the day 1 starter.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

Or thought when scouting which isn't surprising unfortunately but at least they got him.

That' what I mean. There is just no way they were risking not getting a week 1 ready QB who rarely is missing throws, Minnesota or Washington could have easily traded up. They didn't feel the urgency to trade up because they thought he wouldn't be as good as he appears. While their QB consisted of Cam, Hoyer and Stidham. 

If Mac becomes a star, they were more lucky than good.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SBLIII said:

That' what I mean. There is just no way they were risking not getting a week 1 ready QB who rarely is missing throws, Minnesota or Washington could have easily traded up. They didn't feel the urgency to trade up because they thought he wouldn't be as good as he appears. While their QB consisted of Cam, Hoyer and Stidham. 

If Mac becomes a star, they were more lucky than good.

I agree with all this and still believe they will start Cam.

Not bashing Bill, undisputed GOAT, but i've always thought there was a hint of arrogance towards the QB position, in that he believes with the system he can win with anyone.