2021 OTAs and Training Camp Thread

incognito_man

18 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

So if we had waited until mid-season last year to get Bak done what difference would that have made? He was injured the last week of the year? They are not going to not do a deal because of a fear of an injury. IF they feel Davante is worth about 12% of the cap, they will extend him. If they don't he will be down the road. Personally, I'd tag and trade him. 

Bakhtiari signed his new deal in the middle of November last season. From the Packers side it is a little thing called hedging, because believe it or not players don't only get injured in the last week of the season. 

When was the last time a player was tagged and traded? You have said this a number of times, as shocking as this may be to you, no one is trading for a franchise tagged Adams.  

21 minutes ago, R T said:

Bakhtiari signed his new deal in the middle of November last season. From the Packers side it is a little thing called hedging, because believe it or not players don't only get injured in the last week of the season. 

When was the last time a player was tagged and traded? You have said this a number of times, as shocking as this may be to you, no one is trading for a franchise tagged Adams.  

Weren't Frank Clark and Dee Ford both tagged and traded just a couple years ago?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

The bolded part of the statement was 'thinking something gets done before the start of the season', there is zero need to wade into a deal until at least midseason or later. They may or may not sign him, but no need to rush into a deal from the Packers side. Think David Bakhtiari.   

13 minutes ago, R T said:

It was YOUR quote which said wait until the MIDDLE Of the season, not mine. So Bak signed when you said wait until then to sign Adams! So clearly, yes, I'm aware of players getting injured any week, but I was actually questioning if you understood the concept? Based on your quote, it is a legitimate question. 

As for the last time a player was tagged and traded, how about 2019 when there were three players: Jadeveon Clowney, Dee Ford and Frank Clark. Go look it up and Clark fetched a 1st in 2019, a 3rd in 2019 and a second in 2020. The Seahawks got Clark and a 3rd in 2019 3rd.

In 2020 Jacksonville moved Ngakoue to MN for a 2nd and conditional 5th. 

Don't want to turn this any snarkier than it has gotten so have a good night. 

34 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Weren't Frank Clark and Dee Ford both tagged and traded just a couple years ago?

Yes good catch on Clark. Believe Ford was under contract at the time of his trade and the 49er's reworked his deal after the trade. 

There are going to be the odd situations where a tag and trade is possible with a QB, Edge, shutdown CB or even the rare LT. WR's, just not happening.     

40 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

It was YOUR quote which said wait until the MIDDLE Of the season, not mine. So Bak signed when you said wait until then to sign Adams! So clearly, yes, I'm aware of players getting injured any week, but I was actually questioning if you understood the concept? Based on your quote, it is a legitimate question. 

And obviously you do not understand the concept of hedging from the Packers side. 

20 minutes ago, R T said:

Yes good catch on Clark. Believe Ford was under contract at the time of his trade and the 49er's reworked his deal after the trade. 

There are going to be the odd situations where a tag and trade is possible with a QB, Edge, shutdown CB or even the rare LT. WR's, just not happening.     

Except when they do, like Jarvis Landry. It's OK to admit you forgot those and were wrong. It happens to all of us! 

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

Except when they do, like Jarvis Landry. It's OK to admit you forgot those and were wrong. It happens to all of us! 

It is becoming very clear you don't understand what you are talking about. Landry had signed his contract with Miami and was traded to the Browns for a 4th and 7th round picks. Far from the 1st round and more that you have been claiming Adams would bring. 

1 hour ago, Old Guy said:

Don't want to turn this any snarkier than it has gotten so have a good night. 

What happened to you having your warm milk and 'have a good night'. 

10 hours ago, R T said:

It is becoming very clear you don't understand what you are talking about.  Landry had signed his contract with Miami and was traded to the Browns for a 4th and 7th round picks. about. Far from the 1st round and more that you have been claiming Adams would bring. 

LOL! Yes, it is truly clear ONE of us do not know what we are talking about. He signed his FRANCHISE TENDER which allowed the Dolphins to trade him! Don't take my word for it, read the article, link below provided! Nice try though! 

We shall see on Adams because he's clearly worth more than Landry ever was as we sit here today. I will admit I could be clearly overestimating Davante's value. We may or may not find out. Depending if GB extends him to keep him or not. 

BTW, you were also the one who said tag and trades don't happen because acquiring teams do not give up 1st round picks for a guy taking up that much cap space. Yet, it happened and then you tried and justify why it happened.

Like I said, it's OK to admit when you are wrong. It's not a character flaw to do so. 

Jarvis Landry: Browns to trade for WR, report says - Sports Illustrated

Edited by Old Guy

11 hours ago, R T said:

It is becoming very clear you don't understand what you are talking about. Landry had signed his contract with Miami and was traded to the Browns for a 4th and 7th round picks. Far from the 1st round and more that you have been claiming Adams would bring. 

What happened to you having your warm milk and 'have a good night'. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, R T said:

There is a glimmer of hope for you anyways. 

Unsurprising you picked that out of all the facts I laid out to support my position! Something you couldn't do because facts were not your friend in this situation. At least one of us has a glimmer of hope! 

Edited by Old Guy

I personally feel like it is a bad business practice to tag and trade.  Sure, it is good for the franchise because they get a better return.  No doubt.  Also, can be a culture killer on the players side.  

Not sure what GB is going to do with Adams, but I certainly feel like they want to ink him to a 3rd contract.  

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I personally feel like it is a bad business practice to tag and trade.  Sure, it is good for the franchise because they get a better return.  No doubt.  Also, can be a culture killer on the players side.  

Not sure what GB is going to do with Adams, but I certainly feel like they want to ink him to a 3rd contract.  

What would you be willing to pay to keep him? I would love to have him around, but if the reports of 25 million a year are accurate, not sure I can swallow that pill personally. 

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

They want him back for sure.  He's one of their best five players and will make the transition from Rodgers to Love much easier.  

• Like 1