MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

31 minutes ago, 808 said:

Yes, if Wentz is held back because of missing games, then Gurley should be too. 

Especially in the 4th quarter of the loss to the Eagles. 

Well, Wentz going down from injury and his team going 2-0 without him is what hurt Wentz. If they went 0-2 , it would improve his case. Not the same thing at all actually.

And imagine if Gurley played the 2nd half against Houston, Giants,  Seattle, and Cardinals? Or in week 17? So for the people who are saying "RB's need to have record breaking numbers to win MVP, Gurley accomplished these states in essentially 3 less games entirely.  And he's still the first RB in league history to lead RB's in Rushing and Receiving in the same season (as of week 16 while missing 8 quarters total).

I needed someone to help me make my argument. Thank you for that softball, sir.

#Gurley4MVP

26 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

Well, Wentz going down from injury and his team going 2-0 without him is what hurt Wentz. If they went 0-2 , it would improve his case. Not the same thing at all actually.

And imagine if Gurley played the 2nd half against Houston, Giants,  Seattle, and Cardinals?

Have you seen how bad the Eagles offense looks in his absence? The defense forced 5 turnovers in order to win their last game. 

Wentz didn't play the 4th quarter of 4 games, either (Arizona, Denver, Chicago, San Fran). And he still, even as I type this with him missing that time and the last two games, leads the NFL in TD passes and red zone TD passes. Plus he QB'd the team with the most wins in the NFL. 

29 minutes ago, 808 said:

Have you seen how bad the Eagles offense looks in his absence? The defense forced 5 turnovers in order to win their last game. 

Wentz didn't play the 4th quarter of 4 games, either (Arizona, Denver, Chicago, San Fran). And he still, even as I type this with him missing that time and the last two games, leads the NFL in TD passes and red zone TD passes. Plus he QB'd the team with the most wins in the NFL. 

Foles played clutch to help the Eagles win the game Wentz went down in and he had a great game afterwards. The Eagles only played one game that they won in spite of Foles, and they still won that game. Which shows they didn't need good QB play to win.

24 minutes ago, 808 said:

Have you seen how bad the Eagles offense looks in his absence? The defense forced 5 turnovers in order to win their last game

So their defense is clearly great. So Wentz is not as VALUABLE to his teams success as one would think because they can win games with Nick Foles at QB.

In the Rams 4 losses this season Todd had:

16 carries vs Wash

14 carries vs Sea

15 carries vs Minn

13 carries vs Philly

The Rams are 0-4 when Gurley does not receive 17+ carries a game. His other lowest carry total for the season was 11 vs Houston when we blew them out of the water. So let's recap....Gurley gets the ball...Rams Win. Gurley does not get the ball 17+ times...Rams Lose. That is the definition of VALUABLE.

Also, let's keep this discussion to the two MVP candidates. Wentz is not in the discussion.

Just now, lancerman said:

Foles played clutch to help the Eagles win the game Wentz went down in and he had a great game afterwards.

The Eagles only played one game that they won in spite of Foles, and they still won that game. Which shows they didn't need good QB play to win.

I was there the game Wentz got hurt, Foles made one good throw on a 3rd down. Went 6-10 for 42 yards with 69 rating.

So 1 of the 2 games they played, they won in spite of Foles. That's 50% against your claim, which is as large a sample size as your argument suggests. 

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

So their defense is clearly great. So Wentz is not as VALUABLE to his teams success as one would think because they can win games with Nick Foles at QB.

I

Also, let's keep this discussion to the two MVP candidates. Wentz is not in the discussion.

No, the Eagles defense is not great lol. You clearly do not watch them, and I don't blame you with the Rams colored sunglasses you've got on. 

So now Wentz isn't even in the discussion? I'll show myself the door. 

Someone who gets paid for their opinion:

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1123708483719

Just now, 808 said:

I was there the game Wentz got hurt, Foles made one good throw on a 3rd down. Went 6-10 for 42 yards with 69 rating.

So 1 of the 2 games they played, they won in spite of Foles. That's 50% against your claim, which is as large a sample size as your argument suggests. 

The game Foles got hurt he made a crucial throw in an important situation to win the game. The second game he played well. The third game he played poorly. They won all the games Wentz has been out in. Do you really want to make an argument that your team winning with Foles not playing well is a boost to Wentz as MVP?

2 minutes ago, 808 said:

No, the Eagles defense is not great lol. You clearly do not watch them, and I don't blame you with the Rams colored sunglasses you've got on. 

So now Wentz isn't even in the discussion? I'll show myself the door. 

Someone who gets paid for their opinion:

https://www.foxsports.com/watch/undisputed/video/1123708483719

Shannon Sharpe is a bumbling idiot who only looks somewhat credible as an analyst when sitting across from Skip Bayless so there goes that. And below are the odds as of yesterday from William Hill Sports book in Vegas. Vegas is the most neutral source you can find and do not share my Rams colored glasses, yet they have Gurley and Brady as the top two candidates with Wentz as a distant 3rd.

Brady-1/7

Gurley 4/1

Wentz 20/1

Brees 28/1

Antonio Brown 50/1

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Vegas is the most neutral source you can find 

they have Gurley and Brady as the top two candidates with Wentz as a distant 3rd.

Brady-1/7

Gurley 4/1

Wentz 20/1

But Wentz is still technically in the discussion...

Just now, 808 said:

Uhh no because he's at 20/1 and hasn't played in 3 weeks. He is not. It is a two man race with Brady to lose it if he craps the bed vs the Jets. You are awarded no points and may god have mercy on your soul.

30 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

In the Rams 4 losses this season Todd had:

16 carries vs Wash

14 carries vs Sea

15 carries vs Minn

13 carries vs Philly

The Rams are 0-4 when Gurley does not receive 17+ carries a game. His other lowest carry total for the season was 11 vs Houston when we blew them out of the water. So let's recap....Gurley gets the ball...Rams Win. Gurley does not get the ball 17+ times...Rams Lose. That is the definition of VALUABLE.

You contradict yourself in a span of two sentences. If the Rams are 0-4 when Gurley gets less than 17 carries, how did they win one when he got 11?

They're actually 2-4 in that situation. Not 0-4.

8 minutes ago, 808 said:

The key word is technically. He's in the discussion the same way there's a chance there's a chance if you roll the dice it will land 1-5 (Brady), 6 (Gurley) land perfectly on an edge and then an asteroid comes and obliterates the Earth before it falls one way or the other.

Archived