MVP leaders at this point.

resilient part 2

Just now, BStanRamFan said:

Todd Gurley /Tahd Gur-lee/ noun : The best player in the NFL in 2017. Running back for the Los Angeles Rams.

Synonyms: MVP, Best RB in the NFL, Future HOF, Bad Motha****a.

Cute, but essentially tells me you don't know how to define best player in the NFL.

36 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

MVP should go to the best player in the NFL for that season. In 2017, it was Todd Gurley. If the Patriots lost to the Steelers two weeks ago, Gurley would have a much stronger case, but the NFL is just going to give it to Brady sadly cause he's QB on the best team in the AFC. His year  wasn't anything special, but Gurley's was. Especially when you consider that he missed the 2nd half of 4 games. He essentially missed 2 whole games and will miss a 3rd this upcoming week while leading the NFC in rushing/rec TD's and rushing yards and going over 2000 all purpose yards in 13 games.

The Eagles winning with Foles hurts Wentz' case. Russel Wilson would get my vote if the Seahawks make the playoffs.

In what way is Gurley better than Tom Brady?

19 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Is Gurley having a better year than...

Ezekiel Elliot in 2016

Demarco Murray in 2014

Because neither got close to the MVP..... 

The Cowboys line deservedly hogged a lot of the credit for those two. David Johnson last year is the much better comp for Gurley's season with the massive receiving numbers.

29 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Is Gurley having a better year than...

Ezekiel Elliot in 2016

Demarco Murray in 2014

Because neither got close to the MVP..... 

This is why He Won't Win it! Best RB in 2017 yes, but not Special in comparison to those who have actually won it. None of the above did either.

I don't think Gurley has much of a shot because there isn't another QB that is going to challenge Tom to split some of the votes. All the Qb votes will go to Tom and all the other votes will go to Gurley, with some other random votes here and there. I think if Rodgers had ended up playing all year, perhaps even Deshaun Watson, then we would see some split votes there and Gurley takes it. Right now, being a 2 horse race, I see the QB taking it

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I don't think Gurley has much of a shot because there isn't another QB that is going to challenge Tom to split some of the votes. All the Qb votes will go to Tom and all the other votes will go to Gurley, with some other random votes here and there. I think if Rodgers had ended up playing all year, perhaps even Deshaun Watson, then we would see some split votes there and Gurley takes it. Right now, being a 2 horse race, I see the QB taking it

Or the most obvious one, Wentz, who still will probably finish the year with more TDs than Brady.

I agree with your point though, Gurley's chances would have been better if Wentz and Brady split the vote for people who will only go QB based on their interpretation of the award.

3 hours ago, El ramster said:

Tom's Dec stats..

1,013 Yards, 64% COMP, 4 TD's, 5 INTs.. 81 Rat.. 7.45 

Phenomenal.. 

I already conceded he had one bad game, 2 ok games and a great game. Didnt say his stats this month overall were phenomenal, but thank you so much for putting words in my mouth, I love the taste. 

2 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

As opposed to last year? Last year two QB's were the top two vote getters. Ryan got 25 and Brady got 10. Nobody else got double digits. Most years QB's are in the top 2 or 3

Tom Brady should be undoubtedly be the MVP this season, he's put up the most dominant numbers, and has his team in prime position to be the #1 seed in the AFC. That's what it comes down to. It has nothing to do with history, or position wise, it's the fact that Tom Brady has hands down been the most dominant player in the NFL this season.

I think a big factor for mvp aside from stats, is who helps their team make the playoffs.

if you look at Brady’s stats over the last month could have the pats made the playoffs with an average starter? I’d say 4 TDs and 5 picks is below average. So yes he wasn’t crucial in their playoff run. Despite his namesake. 

Gurley on the other hand... Just the last two games alone is enough to put him ahead of Brady, he went into the 12th man and destroyed a division rival and was benched before the 3rd quarter was even over, then the following week he does it again to lock up the division title for a franchise that hasn’t even sniffed the playoffs for years. 

Gurley lifted his team, Brady played just well enough for his defense to win the games... 

Pretty clear who the MVP is.

5 minutes ago, lancerman said:
11 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

As opposed to last year? Last year two QB's were the top two vote getters. Ryan got 25 and Brady got 10. Nobody else got double digits. Most years QB's are in the top 2 or 3

Yeah, kinda my point. So theoretically Brady would get the 25 and he would get most of the 10 as well, giving Gurley no chance. Zeke was effected last year because of Dak. Gurley would have gotten a decent chunk last year with his 2017 numbers

7 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Or the most obvious one, Wentz, who still will probably finish the year with more TDs than Brady.

I agree with your point though, Gurley's chances would have been better if Wentz and Brady split the vote for people who will only go QB based on their interpretation of the award.

This is what I meant

5 minutes ago, Riftty said:

I think a big factor for mvp aside from stats, is who helps their team make the playoffs.

if you look at Brady’s stats over the last month could have the pats made the playoffs with an average starter? I’d say 4 TDs and 5 picks is below average. So yes he wasn’t crucial in their playoff run. Despite his namesake. 

Gurley on the other hand... Just the last two games alone is enough to put him ahead of Brady, he went into the 12th man and destroyed a division rival and was benched before the 3rd quarter was even over, then the following week he does it again to lock up the division title for a franchise that hasn’t even sniffed the playoffs for years. 

Gurley lifted his team, Brady played just well enough for his defense to win the games... 

Pretty clear who the MVP is.

You are aware the season is from Sept - Dec right? Brady was playing some of his best football at many points during the season. Recency bias.

2 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You are aware the season is from Sept - Dec right? Brady was playing some of his best football at many points during the season. Recency bias.

Gurley was playing great as well. He just got better when it counted most. Brady didn’t.

Archived