Where's Your Worry ? (non Q B )

RSkinGM

I think we are very solid in all group positions. Nice depth too.  My worry I guess is the O-line. A new vet LT, a highly drafted rookie , a guy brought back by trade. Guy coming back off injury, Guy changing sides, Back up holdovers still here . Just seems a jumble right now. Gotta trust the coaches to get it all settled before Sept.--but right now- not too comfy !

Edited by RSkinGM

For me. Coaching, LB core, WR/TE, Roster depth.

Coaching is what it is. I feel good about the defense. Offense is my concern.

LB. Drafted well enough for the position. But its all hinging on a rookie. He should come to form by later in the season. But early season games I can see the group being a liability.

WR/TE.. Got 1 good WR, 1 decent WR with not much at TE. Then a pack of interchangeable scrubs to plug in.

Depth. Few different spots where if the starter goes down. Theres nothing much to stick out there that has any quality. WR, LB, Safety, TE, OT.

I’m still worried about LB & depth at TE. I’m glad we signed Seals-Jones to compete w/  Bates for the #2 job, so I feel better about it than I did before & right after the draft but depth is still an issue there.

I really hope Jamin plays up to his potential as a rookie, Holcomb takes another step in his development and Hudson balls out as a WLB and wins that job. 

Outside of that, I don’t have any concerns other than the position @RSkinGM didn’t want us to discuss.

I agree we’re loaded at WR.

To me the biggest concern is the new offensive tackles. Potentially a rookie and a guy that got cut by his previous team as our starting bookends. In addition to that the uncertainty of what the plan is at Safety on defense. Between McCain, Curl, Everett, Collins and Forrest there is plenty of talent, but who starts where and in what packages. I hope we play the players that don't need to come off the field in package changes.

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

My biggest concern would be the staff marrying itself to Boston when I think Hudson can actually preform better with reps. Really hoping at some point it’s Hudson, Davis and Holecomb owning the starting spots.

You had me scratching my head on this one . Then I realized you meant Bostic . I thought we'd signed that safety named Boston and I'd missed it ! 😀

• Like 1

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m still worried about LB & depth at TE. I’m glad we signed Seals-Jones to compete w/  Bates for the #2 job, so I feel better about it than I did before & right after the draft but depth is still an issue there.

I really hope Jamin plays up to his potential as a rookie, Holcomb takes another step in his development and Hudson balls out as a WLB and wins that job. 

Outside of that, I don’t have any concerns other than the position @RSkinGM didn’t want us to discuss.

I agree we’re loaded at WR.

Feel free to discuss Q B position. It's just I saw that as a given "worry" perpetually and forever I guess - it seems so anyway ! Sisyphus and the boulder !

PS, somewhat surprised nobody said -Placekicker . !

Edited by RSkinGM

12 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

To me the biggest concern is the new offensive tackles. Potentially a rookie and a guy that got cut by his previous team as our starting bookends. In addition to that the uncertainty of what the plan is at Safety on defense. Between McCain, Curl, Everett, Collins and Forrest there is plenty of talent, but who starts where and in what packages. I hope we play the players that don't need to come off the field in package changes.

I think we upgraded our LT position & at worst stayed even at RT plus, our depth is improved at OT. I don’t have that as much of a concern as I did last year for example. Leno got cut because of $. That’s why he was cut. I believe the Bears were either over the cap or right at the cap, so they cut him and are rolling with a rookie at LT we’ll see how that goes for them... 😬

I actually am pleased with the competition at safety. It’s not a concern to me. The cream will rise to the top there and we’ll get our answer at FS. We have 2 guys that can start at SS Collins & Curl - so that’s not a concern to me at all - the question does become who will be our starting FS. But we have so much competition for that one spot that I don’t see it as a concern, only a question as to who it will be. It may be McCain, Curl, Everrett, Forrest or Reaves. Out of those 5 guys competing for the FS spot, I’m confident one of them will be the answer.

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Feel free to discuss Q B position. It's just I saw that as a given "worry" perpetually and forever I guess - it seems so anyway ! Sisyphus and the boulder !

PS, somewhat surprised nobody said -Placekicker . !

I actually like this, we don’t need another QB thread.

As for kicker, I was disappointed in how Hopkins kicked at times last year but he was also battling a groin. I also know he’s capable of being better than he was last year. I believe most of the kicks he missed last year were over 50 and a few I don’t think Rivera should’ve even had Hopkins try to attempt. 

- Dan Snyder.  Always my #1 concern.  

- If we're ignoring QB, my biggest concern on offense is probably TE depth.  Logan Thomas had a great season but was basically a 1 year wonder there.  Our depth behind him is pretty terrible too.  LT is questionable but we seemed to be able to slap together something that worked there last year.

- On defense, The FS position and our edge rushing depth concern me.  If Sweat or Young go down for an extended amount of time we don't have Kerrigan sitting around to take their place this year.  At FS we have a bunch of JAG options. 

• Like 2