IDEAL COACH

Dionysus

That’s your opinion not fact, but josh McDaniel can coach & run an offense that’s fact. He had 1 bad tenure as a HC in Den & everyone so hung up on that, guess what belichick sucked as the browns HC. And you can say whatever you want but at the end of the day he built an offense around Tebow skill set & took the broncos to the playoffs & beat a top 10 ranked Pit defense. Tom Brady is on record saying he’s the best OC he’s worked with. 

3 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I'm honestly content with Mularkey. I wouldn't complain about giving a look at Hue at OC if the Browns let him go. Maybe this second go-round will drive home the fact that he's a great offensive coordinator, but just might not be cut out to be a head coach.

I'm good with him too.  Like most places, I wouldn't mind some different playcalling/schemes, but we do have some beautifully designed plays. When they work it's a wonder how we don't score every drive. But when it doesn't, it is hard to look at. 

But I have no doubt that the team respects and follows him. He has them prepared 9 out of 10 times. (to me). 
I think he is the ideal coach for this team and city.  Different OC wouldn't hurt my feelings though. 

30 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

That’s your opinion not fact, but josh McDaniel can coach & run an offense that’s fact. He had 1 bad tenure as a HC in Den & everyone so hung up on that, guess what belichick sucked as the browns HC. And you can say whatever you want but at the end of the day he built an offense around Tebow skill set & took the broncos to the playoffs & beat a top 10 ranked Pit defense. Tom Brady is on record saying he’s the best OC he’s worked with. 

John Fox led that team to the playoffs, not McDaniels.

McDaniels also failed as OC in St Louis as well.

He's never succeeded outside of New England and has made awful decisions as the head of a football team.

How someone could actually view McDaniels as an upgrade is truly beyond me.

I'm good with Mularkey. It's clear that the players like him and play hard for him, which I think you can't understate.

I still have my reservations about our offense though. If we were to get rid of Robiskie, an interesting name who I've seen is considering a comeback is Gary Kubiak.

7 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

I'm good with Mularkey. It's clear that the players like him and play hard for him, which I think you can't understate.

I still have my reservations about our offense though. If we were to get rid of Robiskie, an interesting name who I've seen is considering a comeback is Gary Kubiak.

If Kubiak wants to make a comeback, would be shocked if Elway doesn't hire him back in Denver. Joseph has been a disaster.

6 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

If Kubiak wants to make a comeback, would be shocked if Elway doesn't hire him back in Denver. Joseph has been a disaster.

But he been a disaster mainly because of QB play & playing in a tough division. The players love him though 

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

He's never succeeded outside of New England and has made awful decisions as the head of a football team.

He was OC for a Jeff fisher team, 

the reason I seed him as an upgrade is because he runs the offense at NE, & he takes advantage of player personnel.. 

im cool if mularkey stays & hires a new OC someone like Chip Kelly 

7 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Not only that Scott Linehan was an OC for the rams under fisher but look what he’s done wit dak in Dallas. Josh McDaniels knows how to get the best out of QBs Tom Brady, Matt cassel, Tebow  jimmy Garappolo, I don’t understand how you guys are stuck on his tenure in DEN where he was over his head wit power & only coached for 2 yrs, mularkey been a subpar HC for how long ??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

Double post I KNOW SORRY!

And I also understand the thread but I gotta say it.. Mike isn't going anywhere any time soon. The whole org seems to love him not just the players. And honestly I'm not sure why everyone is so upset with Mike. Like we were a joke for years. No one respected us. Only reason anyone knew about the titans was because CJ. The worst team in football 2 years ago... Then we get Mike and Jrob and they made protecting Marcus job number 1. CHECK! Getting him weapons was next. CHECK! Like besides a change of pace back for DH and MAYBE a guard we're set on offense for YEARS LMAO.. Defense was next. And we getting there.. They make a plan and execute it. And they aren't perfect but no one is. Mike also seems to mange the game pretty well in terms of timeouts and 4th down calls. Mike has been pretty solid so far imo not great by any means but SOLID. The HC spot for us has been trash FOR YEARS AND YEARS. I'll take solid cause we have Marcus so it really doesn't matter..

I could see us having a new DC and OC in the next couple years though. D!ck is old so who knows how long he's going to keep going.

Sorry for the rant but damn it guys... Give our coach A LITTLE credit.. 1 game back from the number 1 seed in the AFC.. I'll take it.  

I’m not a fan of mularkey he’s Jeff fisher all day to me. I think most of y’all are just caught in the hype we finally have a winning record & are finally better than years past, I get that I agree. The problem I have wit mularkey he’s seems incapable of changing his offensive philosophy. There’s no reason Marcus should be struggling & inconsistent wit better weapons around him. I don’t get why he won’t build the offense around our QB, Bill O’Brien had Watson looking like Michael jordon of football. Sean McVay got Goff looking like an MVP Talent. Jason Garett has Dak looking like a franchise QB, & mularkey has Marcus looking like a game manager. The run game is struggling because he wont turn it over to Henry. So he’s splitting carries between him & Murray. Murray has no burst, & Henry needs carries because he gets better in rhythm as the game goes on. The defense looks terrible rushing the passer this yr & it’s obvious why. I honestly feel that a if the colts had luck & Houston had a healthy starting team, the afc south would be different in standings

The Titans went from 3 wins to 2 wins to 9 wins... and now stand at 6 wins (on pace for 10 wins)... We're a ****ty call away (in a game without Mariota) from being 7-2, and tied for #1 seed in the conference.

The defense, even with questionable additions, has shown incredible improvement

The offense is not clicking all the way yet... but have had injuries to some top players that have limited production... Mariota, Murray, Davis, Walker...

Even though Mariota's numbers aren't on par with last year, I can't say he's regressing or playing like a game manager.  This past week is a perfect example... he passed 44 times in a game where we led most of the time.  Mariota also ran 6 times...  accounting for 315 yards (passing and running).  He had a bad misread that resulted in an interception... but also had 2 plays that could have/should have ended in TDs... Include those two plays and Mariota's line is closer to 290 passing yards... 3 passing TDs... 340 total yards of offense... and the score is 38-20... against a good defense.

The Titans are winning close games, not losing them... that's usually attributed to a well-coached team.

We're on a 4 game winning streak... how many bad teams do that, regardless of competition?

We are a good team... we are a sound team... we are a well-coached team... and less than 2 years after a disastrous 2 win season, we have a team who's built to win in the playoffs... and a couple of players away from being a legitimate SB contender.  

Archived