2022 where we finally are rebuilt draft thread

Genuinely I think the best case for us is that one of these QBs shows up as a #1 type prospect down the stretch. Gives us a situation where if we’re picking #1, we might be able to trade down to 5 or so, or if we’re picking later than that, some talent slips down an extra slot or two.

I think the last thing we want is a QB class with no one worth a top 5 pick and use sitting at 4 or 5 or something and the board falls terribly for us.

Unless we’re truly bad enough to get the #1 pick and to just take Kayvon, we could be in for some bad luck come draft day if these QBs don’t start showing up.

3 hours ago, pwny said:

Genuinely I think the best case for us is that one of these QBs shows up as a #1 type prospect down the stretch. Gives us a situation where if we’re picking #1, we might be able to trade down to 5 or so, or if we’re picking later than that, some talent slips down an extra slot or two.

I think the last thing we want is a QB class with no one worth a top 5 pick and use sitting at 4 or 5 or something and the board falls terribly for us.

Unless we’re truly bad enough to get the #1 pick and to just take Kayvon, we could be in for some bad luck come draft day if these QBs don’t start showing up.

I'm not sure there's really bad luck if we're in the 3-6 range. 

Hamilton

Stingley

Neal 

Leal. 

At worse I can see us grabbing a corner( Elam/booth) or a wr(Wilson/Burk/olive). 

Sign a star wr and a PROVEN slot guy

2. Jacksonville Jaguars Kyle Hamilton S, Notre Dame. starting SS

34. Jacksonville Jaguars Trevor Penning OT, Northern Iowa Starting tackle

66. Jacksonville Jaguars Jahleel Billingsley TE, Alabama Pass catching TE

79. Jacksonville Jaguars Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota Developmental OT

104. Jacksonville Jaguars Lecitus Smith IOL, Virginia Tech Starting G

158. Jacksonville Jaguars Arnold Ebiketie EDGE, Penn State Edge depth

181. Jacksonville Jaguars Jameson Williams WR, Alabama wr competition

188. Jacksonville Jaguars Ainias Smith WR, Texas A&M wr competition. could be a backup to ettiene

224. Jacksonville Jaguars LaRon Stokes IDL, Oklahoma DL depth

250. Jacksonville Jaguars Steven Gilmore CB, Marshall Cb depth.  

4 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Late 1st/early 2nd? Or you think he goes much higher?

that's the range he should probably go but I'm guessing he goes anywhere 2nd-4th rounds. seems like Iowa OL typically tend to go lower than I project them despite the reputation that Iowa OL have developed over the past 20 years. If we took him, he'd probably either be brought along slowly and replace Linder at C or we'd keep him at C and put Linder back to RG. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Sign a star wr and a PROVEN slot guy

2. Jacksonville Jaguars Kyle Hamilton S, Notre Dame. starting SS

34. Jacksonville Jaguars Trevor Penning OT, Northern Iowa Starting tackle

66. Jacksonville Jaguars Jahleel Billingsley TE, Alabama Pass catching TE

79. Jacksonville Jaguars Daniel Faalele OT, Minnesota Developmental OT

104. Jacksonville Jaguars Lecitus Smith IOL, Virginia Tech Starting G

158. Jacksonville Jaguars Arnold Ebiketie EDGE, Penn State Edge depth

181. Jacksonville Jaguars Jameson Williams WR, Alabama wr competition

188. Jacksonville Jaguars Ainias Smith WR, Texas A&M wr competition. could be a backup to ettiene

224. Jacksonville Jaguars LaRon Stokes IDL, Oklahoma DL depth

250. Jacksonville Jaguars Steven Gilmore CB, Marshall Cb depth.  

At this point another pass rusher is a MUST if we’re picking top 3 a safety at 2?🥴 He’s a talented kid but I can’t see myself pulling the trigger on a safety that  high unless I know I’m getting Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. But I don’t know if he’s that but he seems like a kid you can do a lot with as far as playing in box I haven’t really deep dived into his coverage out of seeing him play verses my sorry *** Noles where looked he was about to make All Pro his rookie year. Got to get into more film on him.

Edited by DuvalsKing

21 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

At this point another pass rusher is a MUST if we’re picking top 3 a safety at 2?🥴 He’s a talented kid but I can’t see myself pulling the trigger on a safety that  high unless I know I’m getting Ed Reed or Sean Taylor. But I don’t know if he’s that but he seems like a kid you can do a lot with as far as playing in box I haven’t really deep dived into his coverage out of seeing him play verses my sorry *** Noles where looked he was about to make All Pro his rookie year. Got to get into more film on him.

He's as good as it gets at safety.  Closest comp is Sean Taylor so 

21 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Also if thibs isn't there at the pick I don't see edge as value at the spot.  We need the best talents instead of needs based drafting (see us picking Henderson, chaisson, Bryan,. Fournette)