Kemba walker traded to the thunder

Pastor Dillon

5 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Also, hoping and praying the play Horford at the 4. This is my ideal line-up for 2021-22 as the roster currently stands 

Marcus Smart

Jaylen Brown

Jayson Tatum

Al Horford

Robert Williams 

Horford isn’t a 4. People need to get that out of their head. He’s not quick enough to keep up with anyone switched. He hasn’t been able to play the 4 since his atl days. 

11 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Oh ish I thought the Thunder traded the 16th pick for some reason, lol. 

lol i thought they did too when i first heard the trade.  I didnt know they had THAT many firsts this year.  They definitely will have ammo to trade up if they want to now. 

2 hours ago, MookieMonstah said:

Great move honestly. Kemba was a poor fit, they save money and Horford is actually useful if he can stay healthy. Kembas knees are absolutely shot unfortunately. I'm surprised it only took a 1st.

It's really not.  Al Horford is due $53.5M over the next 2 years, and Kemba Walker is due $73.7M over the next 2 years. You saved roughly $10M/year.  The backcourt is still a mess.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

In what way?

Horford is a plus on Kemba simply for being a lot less expensive. 

They got a non-guaranteed contract back

They  made a 2025 second into a 2023 second

and all they had to give up was #16 with a roster full of those type of guys (Pritchet, Carson Edwards, Romeo Langford, Robert Williams, Aaron Nesmith, Grant Williams)

Because you're effectively swapping one bad contract for one less bad contract.  That doesn't make it a good deal simply because you save some money on the deal.

19 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

lol i thought they did too when i first heard the trade.  I didnt know they had THAT many firsts this year.  They definitely will have ammo to trade up if they want to now. 

They'll only have 2 unless they get yours, which I pray does not happen, because that Thunder fan is the worst.

13 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

It's really not.  Al Horford is due $53.5M over the next 2 years, and Kemba Walker is due $73.7M over the next 2 years. You saved roughly $10M/year.  The backcourt is still a mess.

Horford's only guaranteed for ~14 mil the last year I believe.

Edited by Bullet Club

6 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Because you're effectively swapping one bad contract for one less bad contract.  That doesn't make it a good deal simply because you save some money on the deal.

Still incredible to me that Horford is going to retire having earned $300M over the course of his career. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Also, hoping and praying the play Horford at the 4. This is my ideal line-up for 2021-22 as the roster currently stands 

Marcus Smart

Jaylen Brown

Jayson Tatum

Al Horford

Robert Williams 

Horford at the 4 worked well in Philly. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

I am hoping for this.

I'm not just so we don't have to hear @Kirilltalk about the Thunder being the greatest team in the history of basketball. But OKC is a good farm league team so they probably would develop those guys into stars before they leave for LA or Brooklyn.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They'll only have 2 unless they get yours, which I pray does not happen, because that Thunder fan is the worst.

They have 3.  They have their own, they have one of HOU/MIA, and they now have Boston's.  Best case scenario, their pick jumps to #1 and Houston slides to #5, and they walk away with the 1st overall, 5th overall pick, and the 16th overall pick.  Plus, they have 3 SRPs.