NYRaider

Should they trade Ben Simmons  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Trade him?

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Kings receive: Ben Simmons

76ers receive: Tyrese Haliburton, Buddy Hield, 2022 1st round pick, 2024 1st round pick

Thats actually a solid trade for the 76ers, given those still likely would be lottery picks.  Not sure it helps Sac much given they need to surround Ben with shooters and they are moving two of their best shooters to get him.  Not sure he fits well with Fox but would be good return for Sac who could potentially flip him once his value recovers some. 

3 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats actually a solid trade for the 76ers, given those still likely would be lottery picks.  Not sure it helps Sac much given they need to surround Ben with shooters and they are moving two of their best shooters to get him.  Not sure he fits well with Fox but would be good return for Sac who could potentially flip him once his value recovers some. 

I think he ends up in Minnesota, Sacramento, or Portland. With Minnesota being the most likely destination, imo. Another interesting aspect in this is that Rich Paul said he wants Maxey out of Philadelphia as well. They've said it will likely take a third team and I think if Minnesota is going to acquire him then Edwards will have to be their center piece. 

If I were Philadelphia I'd be interested in a deal with the Wolves. 

76ers receive: Anthony Edwards, Malik Beasley, Taurean Prince, 2022 1st round pick, 2024 1st round pick, 2026 1st round swap

Minnesota receives: Ben Simmons, Tyrese Maxey

I wish the Pistons had something other than Cade to offer up.  Would be a good way to get another star player cheaper than expected since he is a buy low player at the moment. I don't think a Bey, Hayes, Grant deal would get it done but I'd call and ask.  

If Golden State is trading for him the Pistons should try to get involved and give up Grant to add Wiseman. 

For whatever reason Sacramento is super interested in trading for him. 

5 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Thats actually a solid trade for the 76ers, given those still likely would be lottery picks.  

The Rockets received Dipo, Olynyk, and Exum plus a ton of draft capital for James Harden because they waited so long, none of those players are even on their team anymore. 

Haliburton/Buddy and picks is probably the best package that they're going to get. I think Haliburton would make a major leap being able to play on ball. 

33 minutes ago, indifference said:

Sixers dropped the ball big time. Harden was right there. Maybe try to get Fox and Hield. Maxey, Ben and Thybule for those 2. 

Kings would have defense for days 

I don't think there's any chance the Kings give up Fox and it would be a complicated deal because the 76ers would also have to send back Danny Green and Seth Curry if Buddy was also included. 

A deal built around Tyrese Haliburton, Buddy Hield, and picks is probably the best that the 76ers are going to be able to get. Maybe Marvin Bagley as well but I'm not sure he fits with Philly's roster. Haliburton averaged 13 points/5 assists and only 1.5 turnovers on 47/41/86 splits playing primarily off ball. I think moving him into a primary ball handling role he'd make a big leap and he'd give the 76ers the shooting they desperately need at the 1 and Buddy is one of the best shooters in the league as well. If they trade Ben to Sacramento and receive their unprotected 2022 1st round pick it's likely going to be a lottery pick as well so they'd have flexibility to reshape their roster next off-season again if they want too.