Week 8: VIKINGS (5-2) at Browns (0-7)

swede700

18 unanswered points in the second half allows me to "not worry" about the first half. Get Teddy up to speed, get everyone healthy. See what Teddy/Bradford can do while Case test drives. When one of those two are ready, hand over the Keys and put Keenum up for a rainy day.

Being that the game was in London, I'm not too concerned about this game. The defense had some uncharacteristic plays. The long pass over Rhodes and lots of missed tackles in the run game. Minus the drive right before the half and the Keenum Int that setup a quick score, Cleveland didn't do much on offense. 

Keenum was okay, too many batted balls. I hope the wheels aren't coming off, he's starting to look more erratic. We need Teddy for the Redskins game.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

You don’t lose your job to injury, or so they say, but Isidora is making a good case to not give the job back. 

Diggs only started playing as a rookie due to injuries. He hasn't looked back since.

unfortunately, Isidora probably won't pass Easton as the starter and Sirles is a more versatile backup to have on game day as he can play both Tackle and Guard. 

It's not like McKinnon or Murray have been very effective on the ground with Isidora, both are under 4 yds per carry the past two weeks.

4 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

It's not like McKinnon or Murray have been very effective on the ground with Isidora, both are under 4 yds per carry the past two weeks.

No, but as a whole, the offense moved the ball well. The Browns have a good defense. The Vikings put up their 3rd-most yards of the season in this game.

Neither RB was great today. The longest rush was 10 yards, and each guy got one.

Murray had two 8-yarders, and longest after that was 4 yards. McKinnon had a 9-yarder and 8-yarder, and 5 additional runs over 4 yards.

Vikings coach Mike Zimmer said his players conducted themselves well overseas. He pointed to what he heard at the team hotel.

Zimmer: “It really was an amazing few days that we had here,. Just going to brag on my players for a minute. Over at the hotel that we stayed at, there were four teams stay there this season. And they came up to me and said, ‘This is the best, most well-mannered group they have ever had. They sit together, they eat together, they hang out together, say please and thank you.’ So that made me feel good. And they won, so that made me feel better.’’

http://www.twincities.com/2017/10/29/jarius-wright-couldnt-sleep-but-reviews-generally-good-on-vikings-london-voyage/

Watched the vast majority of the game. Overall, I thought the Vikings played well against a very bad team. The big key for me was that McKinnon, even without gaining a ton of yards, was able to make the Vikings run game something that the Browns had to be concerned about enough. It was enough to keep the Browns honest, and then with their two deep safety set to try and not be beat deep, it allowed for a lot of short passes which then opened up mid range passing as well. With how Keenum performed, I hope we do get Teddy back into games this season. Keenum hasn't been poor this season, but we seem to start slow with him (not like that hasn't been a knock on Teddy in the past as well), but I feel like Teddy can do better from what we've seen of both of them before.

On 10/28/2017 at 9:46 AM, vike daddy said:

http://www.espn.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/23844/browns-get-unexpected-wake-up-call-in-england

Browns get the wakeup call they've been waiting for...?

Vikings snooze and win...?

Like I heard on the Vikings' post-game show....the Browns are a dumpster fire...I feel bad for them, because when things don't go right, they really don't go right.  I think they are, in fact, cursed.  

7 hours ago, Klomp said:

No, but as a whole, the offense moved the ball well. The Browns have a good defense. The Vikings put up their 3rd-most yards of the season in this game.

The Browns have a very good run defense.  I think the Vikings did fine running the ball yesterday.  

7 hours ago, Klomp said:

Neither RB was great today. The longest rush was 10 yards, and each guy got one.

Murray had two 8-yarders, and longest after that was 4 yards. McKinnon had a 9-yarder and 8-yarder, and 5 additional runs over 4 yards.

Murray lets arm tackles take him down. He's the Roger Dorn of the running back position. It takes more defenders to take down McKinnon than it does a 6'3 230 pound back in Murray.

Archived