Indiana Pacers Hire HC Rick Carlisle to a Four Year Deal

J-ALL-DAY

Indiana seems like they could follow the path of the ATL team that underachieved pre-McMillan, to now getting more than the sum of their parts with McMillan.   The fact the players were questioning their HC, no matter who's at fault on how it got there, showed how dysfunctional that team was. 

With Carlisle there, it will be interesting to see if he keeps making the transition to letting this become a Sabonis/Levert based O (he should), and the Pacers deal Brogdon.   Other than Ben Simmons (duh), Brogdon has to be one of the more intriguing names on the trade market this offseason.   Maybe it was the system, but sure looked like Brogdon & Sabonis didn't mesh well together from the games I watched. 

7 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Like this hire for Indiana, but I'm not sure I understand it from Carlisle's perspective.  Don't think they're bad enough to bottom out, but I also don't think they're good enough to compete.

Yeah they're in a weird spot. Have to assume they're banking on LeVert/Brogdon to make a leap. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them move either Sabonis or Turner as they're not a great fit together in the front court. TJ Warren is another guy I could see them trading as well. Sabonis to Golden State for their treasure trove of assets could be interesting...

42 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah they're in a weird spot. Have to assume they're banking on LeVert/Brogdon to make a leap. Also wouldn't be surprised to see them move either Sabonis or Turner as they're not a great fit together in the front court. TJ Warren is another guy I could see them trading as well. Sabonis to Golden State for their treasure trove of assets could be interesting...

Take it FWIW, but my longtime suffering transplanted Pacer fans tell me local buzz in Indy has Sabonis as their foundation piece.  If anything, it's Brogdon & Turner who are the most expendable, with Warren as a remote option, but they'd be fine with keeping.   Obviously that could change with Carlisle now the HC, though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

Take it FWIW, but my longtime suffering transplanted Pacer fans tell me local buzz in Indy has Sabonis as their foundation piece.  If anything, it's Brogdon & Turner who are the most expendable, with Warren as a remote option, but they'd be fine with keeping.   Obviously that could change with Carlisle now the HC, though.

I could see that. Think Sabonis best fit in the modern NBA is at the 5 spot and Turner would be appealing for a lot of teams. And there were also reports around the deadline that the team was shopping Brogdon.

47 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

A lot of team would be interested in Turner if they put him on the block.

Honestly I’ve been a huge Myles hater. Dudes soft and plays like a girl. But he went out our D went to ish. His impact is freaking huge but he and Sabonis simply can’t play together… Sabonis on D is basically James Harden my god.. I’ll love to trade Myles.. Pacers are freaking deep with 

Brogdon

Holliday 

TJ Warren 

Lavert

Sabonis 

and our bench is decent.. We need a really good shooter to space the floor.. I hope we take a chance on a PG light prospect this year! So sick of drafting big men. 

So glad Rick is back. Dude should have never left in the first place. Shame the whole malice in the palace happened. Indiana paid with blood.. 

Ill love for us to trade Brog, dudes always hurt and made out of wet toilet paper.