NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Grizzlies literally lost to the Jazz in 5 and their only win came by 3 points in a game where Donovan Mitchell didn't play and Miye Oni and George Niang got double digit minutes 😭

Lakers lost to Suns with Chris Paul playing with 1 arm.

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@Kirill traded Hoford to buy Kemba out and pay him $20M to play for the Knicks. Then gave up the #16 pick for future picks. Presti doing work.

Yeah he’s paid these guys who did nothing for the organization  so much money but couldn’t pay James harden 20M per.

I have warmed up to our draft class some. Josh Giddey reminds me of a Lonzo his play style is pure support role. Jeremiah Earl Robinson looks like an NBA big and Tre Mann has potential. 

but my gut instinct tells me we should’ve just traded 6,16,18, and our 3 next tradeable 1st round picks unprotected … and PHX 1st pick next season.. and a Darius Bazley for the 1st overall pick to get Cade Cunningham. We would then have two star players, Poku and Dort, and room for a max slot in free agency.

I just don’t understand why our GM gets to wait until 2030 to win. This is the real world. you play to win the game.

3 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

How do you feel?

I like the moves that we made this off-season. Would still like a veteran backup PG but I think we have faith that Jared Butler and Trent Forest can give us some minutes in the regular season. 

The thing that killed us the past two playoffs was our lack of depth. The last two playoff runs when we had guys like Conley and Bojan miss time with injuries we had players like Miye Oni, Juwan Morgan, and Georges Niang in our playoff rotation. Those guys are G-League level players at this point and that was one of Dennis Lindsey's biggest downfall's in terms of his approach to roster construction. Instead of filling the end of our bench with proven NBA guys we've taken fliers on young developmental prospects. 

I'm guessing our main rotation will be 9 guys: Conley, Mitchell, O'Neale, Bogdanovic, Gobert, Clarkson, Ingles, Udoka, and Gay. But after those 9 having 3 guys in Whiteside, Paschall, and Butler is much better than what we've had in the past. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Kirill said:

I have warmed up to our draft class some. Josh Giddey reminds me of a Lonzo his play style is pure support role. Jeremiah Earl Robinson looks like an NBA big and Tre Mann has potential. 

No player named Josh can be good in the NBA though...

I like Giddey but it was definitely a major reach especially considering you just tanked away an entire season and that's who you ended up with. He reminds me of a taller Ricky Rubio, great playmaker, great passer, but not a great athlete/shooter. The biggest swing factor for him will be his ability to hit 3's consistently, if he can then he should be a solid pro. I also just don't really love the fit with him next to SGA as his inability to shoot means he's going to have to be on the ball to be effective which pushes SGA off the ball. Theo Maledon also flashed last year and he's a PG/primary ball handler as well. 

Tre Mann was an interesting pick, I personally also like him as a prospect, but don't love the fit with the Thunder. He's another guard that's at his best with the ball in his hands. I guess the best long-term projection for him would be a 6th man type of guard that can play with Giddey or SGA and provide scoring off the bench. 

Robinson-Earl projects to be a solid glue guy but is kind of a tweeter and isn't a great athlete. Again, just don't see how he fits with your group of young forwards. 

Overall all three guys the Thunder drafted are pretty average athletically at the NBA level. I don't think Giddey or Mann will ever be good defenders and both guys need to be on ball to be successful. Just a very weird night for the Thunder. 

16 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

That LeBron tweet is hilarious. Dude couldn't even keep the same energy and keep the tweet up. 

Lakers come to town, I'm showing up with a walker with tennis balls on the end, if they'll let me in with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Real king energy only. @beekay414

Man's really got such a great head on his shoulders. One of a kind. He should be the face of the NBA considering his resume by age 26 but he don't play for the Lakers, Knicks, Nets or Celtics so that's outta the question.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Man's really got such a great head on his shoulders. One of a kind. He should be the face of the NBA considering his resume by age 26 but he don't play for the Lakers, Knicks, Nets or Celtics so that's outta the question.

It's genuinely impossible to dislike him, lol.