NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

OKC should sign JJ Reddick to 1 year 15M. Get a shooting coach for our young players and he can just run his podcast and introduce the sports world to our young guys.

They got 30M in cap space and 1 or 2 roster spots open, they might as well use it that way IMO.

Why would he wanna tank games with Josh Giddey, he's like 40 years old.

21 minutes ago, amac said:

I’d take him on the Pelicans on a decent deal as a 6th man

Hell no.

Give me Reggie Jackson at 2/30 or 3/45 with a team option/partial guarantee on the third year. Reggie can at least shoot.

Edited by JMG5

41 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

He wants to play for a contender and my sources say a return to the Magic is very likely.

As a Duke fan I'll never forget all the hate my young boy JJ received coming into the league. Probably the best player in Magic history.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPthSxvDyv7Pb0OpMBg-3

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

OKC should sign JJ Reddick to 1 year 15M. Get a shooting coach for our young players and he can just run his podcast and introduce the sports world to our young guys.

They got 30M in cap space and 1 or 2 roster spots open, they might as well use it that way IMO.

He's going to sign for cheap to the Knicks, Nets or 76ers. Assuming he actually meant what he said about wanting to be close to his family, but I could see him chasing the bag again if someone offered him enough money.

4 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

I mean I imagine Smart makes them better since Shroder isn't going to be a Laker this season either way. However, I agree with you, I don't think they are going to add Smart given their current salary implications. He is a young guy looking for his bag whereas the Lakers all in for a year or 2 of chip pushing. Smart is great guy to have in the playoff but I would imagine the Lakers would rather fill that with vets taking less to chase a ring. 

3-way trade, Smart to Jazz, Ingles to Lakers, Schroder to Celtics.

3 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

Hell no.

Give me Reggie Jackson at 2/30 or 3/45 with a team option/partial guarantee on the third year. Reggie can at least shoot.

We have no one on our bench that has proven they can generate offense and he was 6th man of the year a season ago. Beggars can’t be choosers 

1 minute ago, amac said:

We have no one on our bench that has proven they can generate offense and he was 6th man of the year a season ago. Beggars can’t be choosers 

If they somehow get Reggie then Graham becomes the 6th man.

7 minutes ago, JMG5 said:

If they somehow get Reggie then Graham becomes the 6th man.

I’m not sure about that. Graham is a better shooter so I think you let him feast with the starters. But betting on us to land a particular FA with an actual market seems like a bad bet at this point. 

5 minutes ago, amac said:

I’m not sure about that. Graham is a better shooter so I think you let him feast with the starters. But betting on us to land a particular FA with an actual market seems like a bad bet at this point. 

Reggie is an ELITE shooter the last 2 seasons and he's a better defender than Graham.

And I do agree, it's unlikely he signs with us. We can definitely offer him the most money, but all signs point to him returning to the Clippers for 4/46.

Edited by JMG5

2 hours ago, Kip Smithers said:

He wasn’t a FA though. Teams would have cap space next year. The Knicks would’ve had to pay him more next year. Could look like a very good deal next year.

The Knicks were reportedly going to be conservative this offseason to save cap space so they could pursue star players next summer. With the moves that they've made bringing back Noel/Burks/Rose, extending Randle, and signing Fouriner/Kemba they're already over the cap for 2022-2023. And that's without extending Mitchell Robinson and letting Kevin Knox walk.  

During the first 6 years of his career he averaged 0.4 3's per game at a 29% clip, last season he averaged 2.3 3's per game at a 41% clip. He made as many 3's last season as he did in his first 6 seasons combined and was literally hitting them at the same clip as Steph Curry. 

I would guess that last season was somewhat of an outlier more so than he is now a Steph Curry level shooter. I think the Knicks lack of a PG pre-Rose also inflated his assist #'s as well and he won't have the ball in his hands as much with Kemba/Rose and as Barrett improves. 

Doubt that anyone will look back at this deal and say "wow the Knicks got a bargain signing Julius for $30M/yr." Dude was straight dog water in the playoffs and even if they somehow clear cap space any player they're recruiting will have to want to play with Julius Randle. Not sure many superstars around the league are dying to team up with him, lol.