NBA Off-Season Thread: Giannis >

NYRaider

11 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Latest rumor is Boston.

flimsy sources though. Unless he is willing to be a sixth man.. no thanks. I have seen a lot of people suggest a S&T sending Smart to LA but that doesnt make sense to me from a Celtics perspective. Schroder is not a decisively better player than Marcus, especially when you consider advanced metrics. The only reason to trade Smart is to not pay him what Schroder wants to be paid... so again, whats the point?

3 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

flimsy sources though. Unless he is willing to be a sixth man.. no thanks. I have seen a lot of people suggest a S&T sending Smart to LA but that doesnt make sense to me from a Celtics perspective. Schroder is not a decisively better player than Marcus, especially when you consider advanced metrics. The only reason to trade Smart is to not pay him what Schroder wants to be paid... so again, whats the point?

Bigger issue is they're already pressed up against the luxury tax IIRC, and S&T for Schroder hard caps them.  And the Lakers don't really want more salary back unless it's making them clearly better.  I don't think they're adding more salary for Smart.

34 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Bigger issue is they're already pressed up against the luxury tax IIRC, and S&T for Schroder hard caps them.  And the Lakers don't really want more salary back unless it's making them clearly better.  I don't think they're adding more salary for Smart.

I mean I imagine Smart makes them better since Shroder isn't going to be a Laker this season either way. However, I agree with you, I don't think they are going to add Smart given their current salary implications. He is a young guy looking for his bag whereas the Lakers all in for a year or 2 of chip pushing. Smart is great guy to have in the playoff but I would imagine the Lakers would rather fill that with vets taking less to chase a ring. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Rather than give him that much. Yes. He’s not worth that. Who else was giving him that? Knicks aren’t anything more than a bottom playoff team now at best with no room to improve because of their dumb contracts they gave out. 

Another team would have. That’s how the NBA works. If he replicates last season then there ain’t nothing wrong with it. As they would’ve have to pay him more in all likelihood. 

How else would the Knicks have improved? They don’t have a realistic shot at getting any big time FA anyways. 

42 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Another team would have. That’s how the NBA works. If he replicates last season then there ain’t nothing wrong with it. As they would’ve have to pay him more in all likelihood. 

How else would the Knicks have improved? They don’t have a realistic shot at getting any big time FA anyways. 

Who else was giving him 28M per? Not many teams had cap space left. Now they have about 50M just tied up into Randel and fournier. That’s not ideal. 

14 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Who else was giving him 28M per? Not many teams had cap space left. Now they have about 50M just tied up into Randel and fournier. That’s not ideal. 

He wasn’t a FA though. Teams would have cap space next year. The Knicks would’ve had to pay him more next year. Could look like a very good deal next year.

OKC should sign JJ Reddick to 1 year 15M. Get a shooting coach for our young players and he can just run his podcast and introduce the sports world to our young guys.

They got 30M in cap space and 1 or 2 roster spots open, they might as well use it that way IMO.

Edited by Kirill

1 hour ago, Kirill said:

OKC should sign JJ Reddick to 1 year 15M. Get a shooting coach for our young players and he can just run his podcast and introduce the sports world to our young guys.

They got 30M in cap space and 1 or 2 roster spots open, they might as well use it that way IMO.

He wants to play for a contender and my sources say a return to the Magic is very likely.