Week 8 GDT: Titans vs. Bye AKA Texans v. Seahawks

titans0021

Texans are all offense now. They've transitioned.  Watson makes plays. It's all dependent on him. Luckily he still makes mistakes with those INTs. But he is making plays. Give him that.

Defense though is not what it was.  Even before Watt went out. 

6 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Texans are all offense now. They've transitioned.  Watson makes plays. It's all dependent on him. Luckily he still makes mistakes with those INTs. But he is making plays. Give him that.

Defense though is not what it was.  Even before Watt went out. 

Pretty much...lol

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Funny. Texans are doing a lot of Max Protect and depending on their WR talent to make plays.
When they don't have extra blockers, it is pressure in his face and him scrambling or buying extra time.

Max protect can be a godsend for teams with awful o-lines. My issue with our max protect schemes is while I understand it when Mariota is hurt and you don't want him taking a single hit, but when he's healthy I don't understand the use of it. Our o-line is good enough as a 5 man unit to protect Marcus. Or heck leave a TE in and make it 6 man protection or leave an RB in. Max protect isn't really necessary with our line though. It is for HOuston with their trash heap of an o-line.

Hopefully Davis coming back gives us more incentive to spread it out some. I don't hate the heavy set schemes by any means, but more variety in our passing game would only be a good thing.

Archived