Michael Thomas Ankle Surgery - out 3-4 months

MightyMouse07

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/football/nfl/player-news/headlines/10246826?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hadn’t seen anything about this. The offense already lacks weapons. Now their top receiver is TreQuan Smith? Kamara is gonna get a healthy dose of touches. Latavius will also surely get more touches as they lean on that run game.

1 hour ago, Deadpulse said:

Kamara #1 overall pick in fantasy?

I'm still thinking Dalvin Cook or Derrick Henry, IMO.

Knowing Sean Payton, it'll be Latavius Murray getting 30+ touches for 60 yards... while Kamara gets 195 yards on 15 touches and scoring 5 TDs.

• Like 1

So....no QB OR WRs for them.....

This could be ugly. 

As for Thomas, assuming he rests up until the Bye week and doesn't miss any more time, he'll have played 17 games for them over 2 seasons after that massive contract extension, and gets ridiculously expensive (potential out year also being 2022). One has to think he's gonna need to be hella productive with the time he plays this year. I hope so, he's fun to watch. But a dud season has to have them thinking hard about keeping him long term, no?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

So....no QB OR WRs for them.....

This could be ugly. 

As for Thomas, assuming he rests up until the Bye week and doesn't miss any more time, he'll have played 17 games for them over 2 seasons after that massive contract extension, and gets ridiculously expensive (potential out year also being 2022). One has to think he's gonna need to be hella productive with the time he plays this year. I hope so, he's fun to watch. But a dud season has to have them thinking hard about keeping him long term, no?

I mean he is only 28, if the Saints dont want to pay that price tag, a contender probably will. 

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Eww, no thanks.

PPR is dumb. Catch a ball for 1,2, negative yards even? Get a whole point for that. Meanwhile a runningback can run 7-8 yards and get less.

What is the logic behind PPR besides inflating numbers to be unbalanced? It's an artificial bias towards the passing game that isn't objective.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

PPR is dumb. Catch a ball for 1,2, negative yards even? Get a whole point for that. Meanwhile a runningback can run 7-8 yards and get less.

I'm in a half-PPR league, so that negative yardage scenario is mitigated.

1 minute ago, Danger said:

What is the logic behind PPR besides inflating numbers to be unbalanced?

Because catching a football is cool, that's why.