Michael Thomas Ankle Surgery - out 3-4 months

MightyMouse07

9 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A CJ Henderson and pick(s) for Michael Thomas deal makes too much sense.

I can't imagine the saints have much value right now with Thomas. A 2nd round pick can probably get it done if he was healthy. Yeah I know Thomas is better then a 2nd rounder but he's going into the AB craziness area.

Edited by 49erurtaza

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I can't imagine the saints have much value right now with Thomas. A 2nd round pick can probably get it done if he was healthy. Yeah I know Thomas is better then a 2nd rounder but he's going into the AB craziness area.

Which is crazy to me because he was so mild mannered at OSU. Not sure what has happened in the past 2 years with him but he is not that same dude anymore.

Money goes to your head? Fame goes to your head?

Edited by AkronsWitness

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Which is crazy to me because he was so mild mannered at OSU. Not sure what has happened in the past 2 years with him but he is not that same dude anymore.

Money goes to your head? Game goes to your head?

Maybe OSU was better at hiding the crazy...

1 hour ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

A CJ Henderson and pick(s) for Michael Thomas deal makes too much sense.

The perfect amount of crazy to add to a rookie HC and rookie QB.

Jags should stay the hell away from MT and let the process unfold. Only teams that are willing to sell their soul for a championship should take on a potential implosion like him.

1 minute ago, AZ_Eaglesfan said:

The perfect amount of crazy to add to a rookie HC and rookie QB.

Jags should stay the hell away from MT and let the process unfold. Only teams that are willing to sell their soul for a championship should take on a potential implosion like him.

Michael Thomas and Urbs have a Father/son relationship. He loves Urban.

To go into a little more detail, it seems the Saints are frustrated with how long Thomas waited to get this surgery and aren't bothering to hide it. Wouldn't be surprised if a few things got leaked to the press and Thomas took it personally.

It was reported in January that Michael Thomas would undergo surgery this offseason to repair injuries that cost him a sizable chunk of last season, but it didn't happen until June -- something the New Orleans Saints were/are very upset with. To assuredly make matters worse are recent rumors that the All-Pro ignored calls from the team's trainer, wide receivers coach and even head coach Sean Payton for months before finally undergoing ankle surgery this summer, which paints the 28-year-old in the worst possible light in regards to his latest round of tumult with the Saints (a continuation and escalation of 2020 rumors of a fractured relationship).

Thomas has been quiet about the latest round of headlines, until now. It seems he's taken to social media to suggest the Saints are trying to engineer a narrative that paints themselves as victims and him as the bad guy.

Edited by y*so*blu

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Michael Thomas and Urbs have a Father/son relationship. He loves Urban.

Crazy loves you until it hates you. How many people thought MT and the Saints would become a disaster two years ago?

The guy isn’t right in the head and should be treated that way. The guy has clearly changed a lot since he was at OSU. 

8 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

To go into a little more detail, it seems the Saints are frustrated with how long Thomas waited to get this surgery and aren't bothering to hide it. Wouldn't be surprised if a few things got leaked to the press and Thomas took it personally.

It was reported in January that Michael Thomas would undergo surgery this offseason to repair injuries that cost him a sizable chunk of last season, but it didn't happen until June -- something the New Orleans Saints were/are very upset with. To assuredly make matters worse are recent rumors that the All-Pro ignored calls from the team's trainer, wide receivers coach and even head coach Sean Payton for months before finally undergoing ankle surgery this summer, which paints the 28-year-old in the worst possible light in regards to his latest round of tumult with the Saints (a continuation and escalation of 2020 rumors of a fractured relationship).

Thomas has been quiet about the latest round of headlines, until now. It seems he's taken to social media to suggest the Saints are trying to engineer a narrative that paints themselves as victims and him as the bad guy.

Idk the whole situation, but I would be for getting a talent like Michael Thomas for a guy who appears uninvested/desperately needs a change of scenery and won’t work out here (from the area, potentially some family issues and a new city a ways out would probably help).

If we didn’t have Urban I wouldn’t be likely as into the idea, but back at OSU and still to this day he raves about Urban and what he did for him. Pending what would need to be added I’d be for a swap like this.