WFT has the lowest vaccination rate in nfl

MKnight82

I am surprised people are this upset about this. The vaccine hasn't been FDA or approved nor has it necessarily stopped people from getting covid. On top of that if you have the antibodies, why would you get it? 🤔You should never force your believes on people.  

33 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I am surprised people are this upset about this. The vaccine hasn't been FDA or approved nor has it necessarily stopped people from getting covid. On top of that if you have the antibodies, why would you get it? 🤔You should never force your believes on people.  

People are upset because clearly those who are unvaccinated are more susceptible to getting Covid than those who are vaccinated. Of course it’s their choice but it also can hurt the team if one of our unvaccinated guys gets Covid.

We already have our starting RT, Lucas who can’t practice bc he has Covid so, we’re not starting off too good. That could happen to one of our good starters during the year and it may cost us a game.

If that happens, would you care then?

On top of that we have a HC who just got over cancer with a compromised immune system. They obviously don’t care too much about him either as he’s high risk.

How do we know who has gotten COVID so they have the antibodies?

And even so if they had them, there’s been reports that the antibodies weaken overtime so just because they were strong for someone who just had Covid doesn’t mean a year later those antibodies are just as strong. There’s research that needs to be done on that from what I’ve seen.

Edited by turtle28

4 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I agree with you 100% skinfan21

People should be upset with the NFL & our Government for pushing these healthcare tyrannical mandates.

Not the players. 

26 minutes ago, aceinthehouse said:

People should be upset with the NFL & our Government for pushing these healthcare tyrannical mandates.

Not the players. 

There’s no mandate. Point me to that. The only people who are mandating it are some private businesses. All government officials and the NFL for example are doing is telling people why they should get the vaccine, they’re trying to educate people on why they should get the vaccine and strongly advising people to get the vaccine because it’s safe and 95% effective against Covid and those who do get it if they’ve been vaccinated have less or no symptoms, don’t have to go to the hospital and aren’t at risk of dying.

It’s arguably the most effective vaccine in history so far.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

You’d think someone who’s from Missouri would care…

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.kansascity.com/news/coronavirus/article253030613.html

“Twenty-seven people at two southwest Missouri health systems died over the weekend from COVID-19.

Fifteen of the patients were at CoxHealth, president Steve Edwards posted on social media.

None of them were vaccinated!

They ranged in age from 34 to 86, CoxHealth spokeswoman Kaitlyn McConnell said.

With a 76% increase in cases over the past 14 days, Missouri ranks fourth in the nation for the highest rate of cases, The Times reported.”

Hey, at least they expanded the morgues in Missouri, so those of you who live in Missouri and won’t get vaccinated always will have a space in a morgue.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

I’m very upset about it. These guys not getting the vaccine could end up costing us forfeits during the season because they won’t go get a shot. 

Also your post is pretty uninformed. It’s practically 95% effective at stopping people from getting the virus and it’s like 99.9% effective at keeping people from dying from the disease.  It isn’t just effective, it’s one of the most effective vaccines in the history of medicine. Also the players would only have antibodies if they already had Covid, plus the CDC still recommends people who previously had Covid to get the vaccine. Also no one is forcing “beliefs” on anyone, these are the recommendations from the top doctors in the country.

Edited by MKnight82
  • Like 2

I know it’s a personal decision for everyone but this really shows lack of respect for Ron Rivera. 160 million people have gotten the vaccine, just about 1/2 the country. Don’t really know why people are opposed to it. I could understand if they are allergic to some of the ingredients or don’t need it since they have had the virus and have built their own immunity. It seems selfish to put yourself above the team since everybody loses if you become infected. Hopefully the team will come around and do what needs to be done and get the vaccine. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Not the players. 

These posts are getting better and better.

13 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

Force beliefs? We're trying to stop a disease that has KILLED OVER 600,000 people including my neighbor, my mom's handyman and my dad's lawyer. It's important to consider this option because so many people seem to think their freedoms are infringed upon because they were asked to wear a mask when they went into Target.

edit: my ranting is causing me to go down a path I can't. Go read through the COVID thread on here. There's PAGES of very good information on there. Go research about Polio and it's vaccine too.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, THESKINSFAN21 said:

This is a tremendously short-sighted view of the whole thing. I would like to politely disagree with your thinking here and add that - vaccinations and immunizations GREATLY REDUCE THE SPREAD OF COMMUNICABLE DISEASE. Thinking about it from your perspective is selfish. I worry every day about the spread of the disease and impact to my family.... everyone should listen to their doctors based on individual facts and circumstances. 

• Like 3