Training Camp Thread......

soulman

2 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Peters practiced today...Ifedi & Daniels both returned as well...that should be a big shot in the arm if they play vs. The Titans.

Peters, Whitehair, Mustipher, Daniels and Ifedi isn't a bad looking OL if we can manage to keep all of them healthy.

3 minutes ago, soulman said:

Peters, Whitehair, Mustipher, Daniels and Ifedi isn't a bad looking OL if we can manage to keep all of them healthy.

I'd love nothing more than for Peters to stay healthy and play solid football for us. Not sure how much the 39 year old has in the tank, though... at minimum I hope he buys us time for Larry Borom to keep working on his technique at LT.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, G08 said:

I'd love nothing more than for Peters to stay healthy and play solid football for us. Not sure how much the 39 year old has in the tank, though... at minimum I hope he buys us time for Larry Borom to keep working on his technique at LT.

Did you by chance catch that one play where the rusher just pushed Wilkinson right down on his fat ***?  There is was "turtling" on his back while his QB got swallowed up.

If Peters can at least keep his feet and get in somebody's way he'll be far better than Wilkinson.

4 hours ago, soulman said:

Did you by chance catch that one play where the rusher just pushed Wilkinson right down on his fat ***?  There is was "turtling" on his back while his QB got swallowed up.

If Peters can at least keep his feet and get in somebody's way he'll be far better than Wilkinson.

Once the game turned into a ****-show I kind of checked out... when I find time to go through the game again I'll keep an eye out for it.

5 hours ago, G08 said:

Peters interview.  He sounds more mature than Nagy.  Sounds like a long time veteran coach.  

• Like 1

19 hours ago, G08 said:

I would love to see Borom get some reps with the 1s against the Titans...Peters isn't in game shape so bring him out a couple or series when the first and still in and see how Borom looks lined up next to a highly athletic guard which will hopefully help his pass pro...I can't think of anyone who would want Peter to outplay Borom when you consider the long term implications so why not give them an equal shot?

• Like 2

Borom may be able to play.  That is best case scenario for Bears long term.

But when you look at film of Peters and current film of Borom there is no comparison.   

Peters at his best has perfect technique - he is a walking OT clinic.   Can he do it anymore?  I don't know.  

If you can squeeze a good year or a significant number of games at a high level out of Peters that would be awesome.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, G08 said:

Anyone concerned about Peters saying he doesn't have his legs under him yet?

I'd be shocked if he did.  He's not in game shape.  We know that and he knows that.

He'll get some snaps in against Tennessee and then have a couple of weeks of practices to get in shape but we'd be wise not to expect Jason Peters All Pro LT when what we're getting is a very technically sound old warrior hoping for just one more year playing with the boys.

13 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I would love to see Borom get some reps with the 1s against the Titans...Peters isn't in game shape so bring him out a couple or series when the first and still in and see how Borom looks lined up next to a highly athletic guard which will hopefully help his pass pro...I can't think of anyone who would want Peter to outplay Borom when you consider the long term implications so why not give them an equal shot?

I’m with you - in an ideal world Borom surprises and solidifies the one of the OT spots while Jenkins is on the mend, leaving him to reclaim the other on return. With that said, I think the only chance Borom gets a shot at being our starting LT is if Peters gets hurt or is so ineffective they have to pull him. Nagy can say what he wants but Peters was brought here to play. I don’t doubt that Borom could potentially push Ifedi for RT reps as the season wears on which IMO would be just as welcome a development. Were he to become a serviceable or better starter at either tackle position by 2022 with 3 years at that point still left on his rookie deal that’s some serious found flexibility. Fields on a rookie contract is a FA budget boost, but Fields AND both starting tackles? Man, that’s the dream. 

• Like 4